“Pleasant stay, good local dining options.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 25%, Book Today!
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Oldsmar
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Pleasant stay, good local dining options.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

I have stayed here 3 or 4 times now. The property is typical of Hilton Garden Inns. Nothing magnificent, but nothing awry either. There is a Buffalo Wild Wings and another restaurant directly outside the front doors. The hotel is not very convenient to the beaches or downtown, but it's a good choice for the Oldsmar area.

Room Tip: Hhonors, always.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
hgioldsmar, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Northwest / Oldsmar, responded to this review, April 9, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback of our hotel. I am happy to hear that we met your overall satisfaction accept for location. The Oldsmar area is positioned in a booming corporate center that provides a means of accommodations for many business travelers, but also offers a relatively close proximity to the beaches for our leisure travelrs. We hope that you will continue to use of hotel in the future for your travel needs.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

The staff at this hotel was top-notch! Very friendly and accommodating. Kind, cheerful and helpful with tips on local attractions, restaurants and directions.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
hgioldsmar, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Northwest / Oldsmar, responded to this review, March 29, 2012
I am glad to hear that we were able to provide you with such excellent service. We take a lot of pride at our hotel in making our guests feel extremely satisfied and it is great to hear positive feedback when doing so. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay and we look forward to having you back again in the future.
NE Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

I stayed two nights at this hotel, and had a very good experience. The rooms were clean and comfortable, and I felt safe (I'm not used to traveling alone). The breakfast selection was very good (fresh fruit, yogurt, eggs, waffles, bagels, etc.). Pool area is very small, but it's not a resort so that's to be expected. Overall, I would recommend this hotel for business travel or as nice stop-over to your final destination.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
hgioldsmar, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Northwest / Oldsmar, responded to this review, March 28, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to epxress your opinion of your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear that we met your satisfaction and for your recommendation to others. We strive to make sure that all of our guests leave with the intention of providing positive feedback of our hotel. We know this drives loyalty and we look forward to having you back again. Thank you for your business!
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012 via mobile

A pleasant good value hotel. I found the staff to be very Pleasant and helpful during my stay . The rooms are well decorated and the beds are good . The only drawback was the pool area was a bit small and could do with some more chairs . Other than that all ok.

• Stayed March 2012
hgioldsmar, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Northwest / Oldsmar, responded to this review, March 26, 2012
Thank you very much for such positive feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to provide your opinion of our hotel and I am happy to hear that we met your satisfaction. I would also like to let you know that we will be moving forward with new pool and patio furniture this year. Thank you again for your business and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Central Florida, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

My stay here was uneventful. The people at the front desk were very friendly. One lady was from Bordeaux France and was very nice. My room was clean and had a nice shower and bathroom. The TV works well and has HBO. It has a microwave, coffee maker, and a mini fridge that was able to freeze my ice pack by the next morning. I'm a light sleeper but I didn't notice much noise from the air conditioner or noise from my neighbors or the outside. The bed was comfortable (I hate a hard bed) and there were several standard polyfill pillows.

The breakfast area is nice and supposedly breakfast is made to order. It is $9.95, but there is also a McDonald's within easy walking distance (5 minutes at a slow pace). I had breakfast with friends elsewhere so I didn't eat there. They have cookies and lemon water available in the afternoon.

The biggest drawback for me was the location. If you need to be in this area, then the area is fine. Otherwise, this hotel is not close to much else except normal suburban life. There are malls and restaurants nearby if needed, but it is about 35 minutes (at 2 A.M.) to an hour or more from the beaches depending on the traffic. And traffic in the Tampa area is horrendous.

Room Tip: There are 2 restaurants in front of the hotel with noisy patio dining so ask for something in the ba...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
hgioldsmar, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Northwest / Oldsmar, responded to this review, March 20, 2012
We appreciate the time you took to provide such positive feedback on your recent stay with us. We value your opinion and are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay despite the fact that we are located a little far for your travels to the beaches. Thank you for your business and we look forward to seeing you again.
vermont
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

Very pleasant, helpful personal at front desk, rooms are clean, new and nice to have living area but the air conditioning is very loud, located near the bed and can only be operated with the fan cycling on and off so I was awakened by it many times each night. Also halls echo with those talking, doors closing, etc.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback of your recent stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn in Oldsmar, FL. I apologize that you experienced some noise issues with your A/C unit during your stay. I will make sure that my engineer looks into this problem so that we can resolve it for future stays. I hope that this does not deter you from visiting us again as we value your business and look forward to having you back. Thank you again for providing your feedback and have a great day!
DC area
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

The room was clean, spacious, and comfortable, and the front desk staff went out of their way to be helpful. The breakfast area was well-stocked with a variety of offerings. The location on Tampa Road didn't do much for me, but the hotel is convenient to restaurants and about 10-15 minutes from the ocean.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
hgioldsmar, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Northwest / Oldsmar, responded to this review, March 5, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear that we were able to meet you needs to your satisfaction. We hope you enjoyed your time here and we look forward to your return along with your recommendation of our wonderful hotel to friends and family. If there is anything I can help you with concerning your recent stay, please do not hesitate to contact me as I welcome all feedback with the chance to improve our hospitality service.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Tampa Northwest / Oldsmar? Share your experiences!