“As good as it gets” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Oldsmar
Redding, Connecticut
“As good as it gets”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

This hotel was outstanding in every category. Very quiet air conditioning, comfortable beds with wonderful pillows, good breakfast and pleasant staff made for a pleasant one night stay. This might sound like a paid advertisement but if you look at some of my other reviews you can see I stayed at a few dumps in my day and said so.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Jackie F, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa Northwest Oldsmar, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Thank you for your stellar review! We are so pleased that you found Hampton Inn and staff warm and welcoming. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again during your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

Let me start by saying that the manager apologized profusely for the lack of hot water the first night and lack of greeting for my Hilton Gold membership. She seemed to be sincere, but there were a number of other issues not discussed- overcrowded eating area, inconsistent stocking of toiletries, nonworking room key, in-hotel pantry that was way sparcer than portrayed on website, poor bathroom ventilation, missing house phone by elevator-that don't make this a bad hotel, but certainly one not worthy of the rave reviews some have given. Travelers appreciate remedies, but we'd rather not have the problems in the first place. This hotel receives many large groups, but unfortunately it is not able to handle them well. The hotel's location is convenient between Tampa and beaches, but the setting is very industrial. Rooms are small-ish, no fridges or microwaves in standard rooms. As far as hotels in this area, I encourage you to look at reviews for Dunedin, Fl.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Jackie F, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa Northwest Oldsmar, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Thank you for expressing your concerns. On behalf of the staff and management we would like to once again apologize for your experience at Hampton Inn and Suites. Clearly we missed the mark in many areas of the hotel and your candid feedback does not go unrecognized nor your loyalty to the brand. All areas that you addressed have been immediately remedied and an entire staff meeting was conducted to share with the team collectively. We have since scheduled additional training and scheduled additional staffing levels with business levels such as youth groups. I can not apologize again and hope that you will reconsider staying with us again in the future so you can see the changes we put in place and experience true "Hamptonality". Thank you for writing!
Upstate New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

I woke up sore after both nights here, the bed was uncomfortable and the pillows flat. The second morning the hotel ran out of hot water, fortunately we both had showers before the water ran totally cold. Controlling the heating/air conditioning through the thermostat in the room was difficult at best. It had to be adjusted at least three degrees to get the unit to kick on, and then it would way over or under shoot the temperature in the room. At least the breakfast was good. I mentioned the water problem on check out, and the person at the front desk didn't seem overly interested, just said that it normally doesn't happen and they would have someone check it out. No apology and extremely little concern about the problem! I would think by the time we checked out they would have received a lot of complaints. I didn't want to take the time to press the issue as we had to catch a flight. I will be looking for a different place to stay next time I am in the area.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for sharing your stay with Hampton Inn and Suites. I can't apologize enough for the short comings you experienced during your visit. I am concerned with your comment on the comfort of the bed and pillows. The hotel has not even been open for a year and most find the bedding to be top notch. I will have the executive housekeeper look into the pillows once the room you occupied departs. I agree in your subject line "could have been better", frankly I am disappointed that it wasn't. Please be assured that ALL areas of your concern have been addressed and remedied. We apologize on not having hot water and are fully aware of the consequences of this happening. It was an isolated incident and please know we contacted a plumber as soon as this was reported however, being a Sunday, the repair didn't happen as quick as we would have liked it. You should have been responded to with pure compassion and empathy for your experience. I am so sorry this was not the case. I hope that you can trust that we are a much better hotel that provides stellar service and this was an isolated case. Thank you for writing!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

This was a disappointing stay at the Hampton Inn Chain, we booked a king room received a double, the hotel was fully booked but still we were never told of the change when we were booking in, just the surprise when we got to the room.
I found the rooms clean but not well sound proof we could hear a lot going on around us.
The breakfast was very busy, which was expected a lot of people were forced to take there food back to there rooms as there was no seating available, but the food offered was good.
The worst point was as I was in the shower half way through washing my hair when we lost all hot water, and I mean icy cold was the only option, I resorted to boiling some hot water in the travel kettle to rinse my hair out in the sink.
On check out I raised the king room and the water issue to be told that yes someone was coming out to look at the water and apologizes on the room, nothing more nothing less.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for writing and sharing your candid feedback on your stay. I would like to apologize for our shortcomings and address your areas of concern. The hotel was sold out with group business and it appears that everyone came down at once for breakfast. Management does prepare for this by overstaffing as well as offering banquet space as an overflow when there are youth groups in the hotel. The banquet space was occupied which did not allow us to reposition breakfast. I apologize that this affected your stay. We have now concerned to put additional tables in the pre-function space should the opportunity allow itself for future sold out scenarios with similar business levels. The hot water was an unforeseen circumstance and we are very aware how horrible this is not only for you but for the reputation of the hotel. I hope that you can please forgive us and understand that with reviews such as your and others, we have grown from this and will continue to strive for excellence. I hope that you will give us another try. Thank you for writing!
Ocala, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Poor bed - cold shower- poor attitude at the front desk. The rooms were nice and clean. The breakfast was good. They do not honor their 100% refund policy. The front desk clerk had a do not care attitude. I rarely complain about anything - but the rudeness of the clerk has me convinced I will not give Hampton another try. I have stayed at Hamptons for years and have never experienced anything like this.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for writing. Please let me first sincerely apologize for your experience (or there lack of) and I am so glad that we were able to reach you personally over the telephone to personally apologize as well as live up to 100% satisfaction guarantee. As discussed, this is a very isolated incident however, that does not excuse the fact that your complaints were not addressed properly. Not having hot water was certainly nothing that we anticipated on and was a very unfortunate unforeseen circumstance here at Hampton Inn and Suites. Frankly it has become detrimental to all of the valued guests that were affected by it as well as a huge loss for the hotel and it's #1 ranking on Tripadvisor. We can not express enough our sincere apologies for your experience and I hope that you can trust that all of these areas of concern have been addressed with the staff and appropriate department heads. Thank you for sharing your concerns and writing.
Atlantic Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

Nice facility with spacious and clean rooms and you get a free breakfast. The staff is great and goes above and beyond to help with any issues that arise. If you are in tampa or the surrounding area definitely stay a this hotel

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Jackie F, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa Northwest Oldsmar, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Thank you for your review of Hampton Inn and Suites Tampa Northwest Oldsmar. Staff and management are super excited to read your review and hear that we have another happy guest. Please come and visit us again soon! Thank you for writing!
Nashua, NH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

I love this Hotel. I travel to the area around 60-90 days per year. Nice facility with spacious and clean rooms and you get a free breakfast. The staff is great and the Jackie, the manger goes above and beyond to help with any issues that arise. Don't go anywhere else.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. It is an honor having you as our guest but more importantly, knowing that our hotel exceeds your expectations each and every time you stay with us. Guest loyalty and satisfaction is the key to our success, I am pleased we did not disappoint. Thank you for writing!

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa Northwest Oldsmar? Share your experiences!