“Move over Chipotle” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 70 Restaurants in Oldsmar
Cuisines: Mexican, American, Vegetarian, Healthy
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Description: The "Anything Goes" approach to food, wall art, hot sauce & life in general.
“Move over Chipotle”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Tijuana Flats blows the other chains away. We're lucky to have one walking distance away so I can walk off my meal! I order the big burrito most times I go so I can take half home for lunch the next day. But it never happens. I eat the whole thing every time because it's just that good! You can do a healthier version by going low- or fat-free on the sour cream, cheese, (or skip them).

The hot sauce bar is fun and dangerous. I haven't been able to get past the medium-level flavors. You're braver than me if you go higher than those!

Atmosphere is fun and bright, spray-painted decor with funky music playing. Service has always been with a smile the many times we've gone. But this is a place where you order and pay at the counter and they bring you your food to the table. So if you want to hang for a long time and drink a few beers, you might want to bring cash so you can order additional drinks quicker.

Visited November 2012
TijuanaFlats, Public Relations Manager at Tijuana Flats, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you so much for your review @sollycat! We are so happy to hear how much you love the food, the atmosphere and the hot sauce bar!! We look forward to seeing you back soon!!

Dunedin, Florida
“Upscale fast food Mexican”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

My wife and I stopped here after playing 5 hours of volleyball. We were greeted at the door, and had it opened for us upon arrival. We were told about the menu and procedures at the restaurant. After ordering at the counter, we were delivered our food at the table and the servers then provided good service by refilling drinks, etc. We were also greeted at the exit and had the door opened for us as we left. The positives at this restaurant are the good service, the guacamole (while a small serving) was tasty as were the chicken nachos (a little light on the chicken). I also enjoyed the chicken flautas. All in all, the food was good, but more of a fast food type of Mexican meal. While we enjoyed our meal, we have another Mexican restuarant that we prefer to go to which has more authentic Mexican food and their prices are comparable to Tijuana Flats. Hence, I do not see us returning to Tijuana Flats, although if somebody else really wanted to go there, I would not have a problem returning for another meal.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Thank you so much for your review, @Illinois_John. We are glad to hear of your experience with us and hope to see you again soon!
Florida
“Great food and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

We had grilled chicken tacos. They were very good and fresh. The service was wonderful. We sat outside and they came to check on us.
The prices are good too.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
TijuanaFlats, Public Relations Manager at Tijuana Flats, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thanks for your review Blueabyss! We really appreciate it! Glad to know that you loved our food and service! Hope to see you around again soon!
“Easy, casual atmosphere.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

The staff couldn't have been nicer. This was my first visit and they treated me like royalty; even giving me free chips & salsa. Definitely on the list for a return visit!

Visited August 2012
TijuanaFlats, Public Relations Manager at Tijuana Flats, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Thanks for the review @Pasoporaqui! It's so nice to hear that you had a great first experience with us! Hope to see you around soon!
Tampa, Florida
“Fast Food In A Great Little Neighborhood Atmosphere!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

We love Tijuana Flats. The staff is fast, friendly and always helpful. The food is to made to order so if you want something special they can do it. This is a counter service restaurant where they bring the food out to you so it definitely not Taco Bell. They strive to be a kind of neighborhood place and I think they succeed very well. Taco Tuesdays are great and they really pack the place on these nights. The salsa bar is good. Some of them are really hot so watch out. I tend to get the same salsa and when i get a to go order I have now bought a whole bottle of salsa so I don't have to stand there and fill up the little cups. They try to offer some healthy choices as well so there is something for everyone.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
TijuanaFlats, Public Relations Manager at Tijuana Flats, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
@cmcgraw — Thank you for reviewing this location for us. I think your assesment of the restaurant is great and will hopefully encourage people to give Tijuana Flats a try!