“Great Place to Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Oldsmar
Gaithersburg, Maryland
“Great Place to Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

After staying one night in a substandard motel, we moved to this very comfortable hotel. It was very clean. Nice but a bit pricey breakfast bar...very convenient however. Staff were pleasant and lobby was being remodeled but not terribly torn up. I'd stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tampa Oldsmar, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
Theresa M,
Thank you for your kind review and feedback from your visit to Courtyard Oldsmar. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and we're happy to hear of the comfort and convenience you experienced. We hope you'll have an opportunity to visit us again soon. Thanks again for writing.

D'Marie Brennan, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

My son's soccer team recently stayed at this Courtyard property. We booked the rooms through the Director of Sales, Stacey. The entire experience was great. Stacey was helpful with the group reservation process. We could walk to dinner. The location is convenient for games at the Ed Radice complex. We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tampa Oldsmar, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Floridatraveler2014,
We’re happy to have hosted your son’s soccer team at Courtyard Oldsmar, and we’re pleased to know the entire experience was a great one. I look forward to sharing your compliments with Stacey, and will also recognize her with a special commendation for her outstanding service. We look forward to your next visit and thank you again for writing.

D’Marie Brennan, General Manager
Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

Hotel was very clean and well kept. Pool area nice, but no hot tub. Internet connectivity was horrible. Couldn't connect at all on one day. Also, somewhat trivial but hotel key card kept losing it's memory and had to constantly return to desk to get card reloaded. Breakfast was not included in rates. Good breakfast but was expecting it to come at no charge like most other hotels in the area.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tampa Oldsmar, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Kevin B,
Thank you for writing a review. It's unfortunate to hear of the areas we fell short of meeting your expectations. I am very sorry for the inconveniences imposed during your stay. We hope to provide a more positive stay in the future. Thank you again for writing.

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Stayed at this hotel during a soccer tournament. Hotel is close to Ed Radice Sports Complex. Hotel is attached to a Residence Inn and close to several dining choices. The rooms are very large and clean. Newly redecorated looks brand new. The lobby was nice and the staff was friendly. I do have a few negatives. One, I was not recognized as a Gold Marriott Reward Member. The smell on the elevator is really bad. Someone on the elevator with me described it as a cross between burning plastic and someone getting a perm. We left our room one day at 11am and returned at 3:30, our room had not been cleaned. My other knock is the laundry room. Only one washing machine and one dryer? This is a nightmare during a tournament. Even with the negatives, I enjoyed my stay and would again if in the area.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tampa Oldsmar, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
lmguyton,
Thank you for writing a review from your stay with us at Courtyard Oldsmar. We appreciate your complimentary feedback on our friendly service and clean rooms, as well as opportunities for improving our guest experience. I sincerely apologize for the areas we fell short of meeting your expectations, and I appreciate you bringing these concerns to my attention. I'm pleased to know you enjoyed your stay overall. We hope you'll have an opportunity to visit us again soon. Thank you again for writing.

USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this property. The modern look and feel of the lobby area was a welcoming area. We were promptly greeted and checked in with no delays or issues. The room is well laid out with a small dry sink area for the coffee maker, ice bucket and a mini fridge below. There is a small counter with the calendar of events and bottled water ($3). The chair and ottoman were comfy for reading. The desk area was large. The bathroom was well done. A favorite there was the seat at the back of the tub. This held shampoos and other bath items we brought. There is a large mirrored closet as well as an regular closet next to the desk. The beds were comfy enough and I liked my pillow. The bed coverings were light weight yet warm enough. The AC was probably the only thing that disturbed us as it was a tad noisy when it came on.

Update on the elevator - The carpet was replaced with tile. Hopefully that resolves the issue that other reviewers have been concerned with. Coming back from dinner Sunday night, there was a note on the elevator that it was out of order. I was promptly greeted by staff to inform me that it would be about 10 minutes before it could be used. I was kindly pointed to both stairwells. As I was on the 4th floor, I opted to wait. I was wandering the lobby and the MOD came up to me and offered her apologies and a cup of coffee or tea from the restaurant. I declined as I had just eaten and Applebees just steps away from the hotel. She then offered me dessert! I greatly appreciated the offers and level of customer service for my inconvenience, yet I declined. When it was safe to go into the elevator again, I was personally notified. Again, I appreciated the great customer service. If we have the opportunity to visit the Oldsmar/Tampa area again, I wouldn't hesitate to book another stay at this hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tampa Oldsmar, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
DesertDee326,
Thank you for writing a review from your visit to Courtyard Oldsmar. We appreciate your recognition on the excellent customer service delivered by our staff. We're pleased to know you enjoyed a comfortable stay, and we hope you'll have an opportunity to visit us again soon. Thank you again for your great review.

chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

the remodeling and changes in the food are good. the elevator still smells like gas, which the staff will tell you is the mangroves. the rooms are nicer since the remodeling.

the food is good and very expensive, compared to the other restaurants within walking distance

Room Tip: request a room on 3rd or 4th floor as it will be quieter.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tampa Oldsmar, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
islandvisitorChicago,
Thank you for sharing feedback from your experience with us at Courtyard Oldsmar. We're pleased to hear that our accommodations and food selection met your satisfaction. Your feedback is important to us so we appreciate hearing from you. We hope to welcome you back again soon. Thanks again.

Goochland, Virginia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

stayed on business trip..Nice room, desk staff friendly. Breakfast staff guy was fairly loud and obnoxious, to the point where i felt sorry for the other employee he was training. Elevator has some kind of terrible odor, like moldy carpet, it was enough where i considered taking the stairs.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Mark G,
We appreciate you selecting Courtyard Oldsmar during your business trip. We're glad you enjoyed your stay, along with our accommodations and friendly desk staff. We sincerely apologize for the areas we fell short of exceeding your expectations. I have shared your comments with our team in an effort to better our hotel and guest experience. Thank you once again for writing. We hope you'll have an opportunity to visit us again in the future.

D'Marie Brennan, General Manager

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Tampa Oldsmar? Share your experiences!