“Pleasant place to stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tampa Northwest - Oldsmar

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tampa Northwest - Oldsmar to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tampa Northwest - Oldsmar
Ranked #1 of 5 hotels in Oldsmar
Dover Plains, New York
“Pleasant place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

Staff all friendly & cooperative.
Convenient early buffet breakfast.
Rooms clean & comfortable.

Room Tip: rooms on first floor convenient.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Cindy D, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tampa Northwest - Oldsmar, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
Thank you for choosing our Holiday Inn Express & Suites and for taking the time to review our hotel. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Tampa Bay!

274 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Weston, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

I needed a hotel in Tampa for a graduation event and stumbled across the Holiday Inn Express, looking to book at the Hilton or Marriott.

By default I chose this Holiday Inn and I was pleasingly surprised! The room was spacious and very well outfitted with a beautiful King Bed, Couch and Table, Desk for work, with a refridgerator and microwave. The bed was extremely comfortible, and stacked up against the Hilton and Marriott! It was a very comfortible room!

In addition, they had a breakfast buffet, with sausage gravy and bisquits, bacon, and cheese omelets already made. Plenty of pastries, fresh cinnamin rolls, cereal, toast, bagels and fresh fruit.

The people at the front desk were very helpful and friendly and I have to say overall I have no complaints, just accolades! GREAT JOB Holiday Inn!!!

Room Tip: The king room was excellent, spacious, and a comfortible experience.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Cindy D, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tampa Northwest - Oldsmar, responded to this review, May 9, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind review. I will be sure to share your comments with our team. We hope that you will choose the Holiday Inn Express brand again the next time you are traveling.
Summerfield, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

I took my sister's and her husband, plus myself to your Hotel located in Oldsmar, Florida this past weekend. I have personally stayed at this hotel many times, both for personal reasons, but primary during Doctor appointments at Tampa General. I always receive the very best help with planning my stays, and it's seems that I always have Irene to help me, your entire staff are very involved with my plans but Irene always is there to greet me with a big welcome back. That makes me feel all warm and fuzzy!
I have stayed in many different rooms and I can say I've never been disappointed. From the moment you reach the front desk, you are greeted with warm friendly staff. Not to mention the cookies and coffee.
The A?C is perfect. The rooms are spacious as well as the bathrooms. The pool area is nice. I love to swim. The only disappointment is there is no hot tub, but during the summer months that fine.
I did learn that Irene is retiring next month and from my perspective, she will be greatly missed.
She is a great assest to your team.

Room Tip: Noise is not a problem, all rooms are great, but one needs to determine what fits for their indiviua...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Cindy D, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tampa Northwest - Oldsmar, responded to this review, May 4, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. I agree Irene is an asset to our team and she will be missed after being with the hotel for almost 6 years. I will be sure to share your comments with her. Thank you again for choosing our Holiday Inn Express & Suites!
Oldsmar, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

We, Sam and Carol stayed at your motel, because our home was sold and we still had March, April and ( 9-days) in May to work in the Oldsmar area, So Holiday Inn Express was our home for that time. You have a pleasent staff, well informed, Caleb Sullivan was excellent at his position, we really enjoyed talking to him he was so polite, and the Lady Carmen whom took care of breakfast was delightful. We had a good experience all the way around. Thanks kindly!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Cindy D, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tampa Northwest - Oldsmar, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor and for making our Holiday Inn Express & Suites your home away from home. I will be sure to share your comments with Caleb and Carmen. We are lucky to have them as part of our hospitality staff.
Elkins Park, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

I almost always stay at a HI or HIE for business and am a platinum member. I booked a standard room, was upgraded to a suite with out even asking and then the lady checking me in noticed my romm was on the first floor. She advised me to move up a floor or 2 and gave my wife and I a corner suite on the second floor. What a nice gesture. Every employee had a nice greeting whenever our paths crossed. The location is great as it is centrally located between Tampa/ St Pete and Clearwater. We will definatly be staying there again.....Thanks one and all for a very pleasant stay.

R C Bonnem

Room Tip: corner rooms 2nd floor and up are great
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Cindy D, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tampa Northwest - Oldsmar, responded to this review, April 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your status as a Priority Club Rewards Platinum member and are delighted you enjoyed your complimentary suite upgrade. We look forward to having you stay with us the next time you are in town.
Turku
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

Thank you for an excellent stay and friendly service, we´ll recommend you to anyone that so wishes, hope to see you again, best wishes, Per:)

Room Tip: Rooms facing away from the streets and traffic might be quieter, we ourselves did not suffer though...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Cindy D, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tampa Northwest - Oldsmar, responded to this review, April 18, 2012
Thank you for your kind review. We hope to see you again the next time you are in the Tampa Bay Area!
atlanta
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

We're from GA and we've travelled 9hrs but before checking in directly to our hotel we've decided to stopped by in Orlando, Florida Prem. Outlet for some shopping, thinking that when we go to our hotel we can finally have a good rest, comfortable, nice, clean bed and grenereally a good place to stay. That's what we're paying and looking for right? Me, my husband and my kid were sooo tired from a long travel that my husband is so eager to take a nap, he took of the sheets and was about to lie down when he felt the bed was so WET, really WET, but for some reason the top sheet is so dry. We called and asked the staff if they can moved us to other rooms but they said that there's no other available room that day so if ok with us they'll just flip the bed over so we can use the other side of the bed...AMAZING right??? In front of us, they did turn over the bed so that the other side is dry, they'll just put on a new set of linens...that's they're solution! The following morning I told to the manager what happened, and she just said that she's looking into the matter, she didn't even said sorry or seems apologetic for that matter...bad experience!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We take your comments seriously, and having wet sheets upon check-in is completely unacceptable. Our housekeepers go through extensive Holiday Inn Express training and this should have never have happened. Our management team has terminated the housekeeper who was responsible for your room to assure that this will never happen to another one of our guests. If there is anything else we can do to make this right, please contact myself or the General Manager.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tampa Northwest - Oldsmar? Share your experiences!