“VERY PLEASED WITH MY STAY” 4 of 5 stars

Pier II Resort
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2200 US Highway 441 SE, Okeechobee, FL 34974   |
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Okeechobee
Taylor, Michigan
“VERY PLEASED WITH MY STAY”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

i recently stayed for over 2 weeks at the PIER II RESORT. I have family in Okeechobee so i visit regularly . I was very pleased with my stay.. My room even smelled clean upon my arrival. It is not luxurious but efficient. I enjoyed the pool daily. There were lots of activities going on like fishing tournaments but i never experienced any problems. The restaurant across the street (Uncle Larry's) was great.There is a fantastic BBQ on 6th street (Geechee Mon's BBQ) you can't miss The staff is very friendly and accommodating. I can't wait to go back.. SEE YOU NEXT YEAR!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank cyndihudgins55

Rockport, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

I just want to say it was a Great time. The staff is friendly, helpful, and professional, the rooms are clean and well stocked, and my husband and I were treated like a king and queen, I have a problem with not being organized before going on a trip. I called there and spoke to Tracy and she made me feel very comfortable before we left on this trip.
We are a boating and fishing couple, and the accommodations included a nice large dock with electric,and a boat ramp, within easy walking distance. My husband loved it because he could launch the boat right from their location. He also caught a large bass off the dock the first day. They also directed us to some fine dining areas that were amazing. We went several times to the lounge of course, and Chris was very friendly. Maybe the weather could have been better, but we had a great time, and will recommend Pier II Resort to anyone.
We will be back next year.
Trish and Mike Wilson

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank bootscoot57
Polk City, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

This place was disgusting... Ants crawling everywhere... Bed linens torn and disgusting... Mattress stained... Walls stained... Carpet filthy. Internet doesn't reach most rooms and doesn't work the majority of the time... Even their TV service went down. The locks on the doors are ancient and totally un-secure. Need we say more?

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
5 Thank Mark H
New Baden, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

What a joke. This place is filthy and infested with bugs and cockroaches. No since in taking a shower because you are just as dirty when you get out. If you have a reservation cancel it, if you don't have one don't make one!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Bob A
Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I have been past this hotel many times and thought it looked quite nice. I booked it for a friend and I to stay recently and found it to be not quite as nice up close. They need to maintain the property and rooms much better. The highlight of the stay was meeting "Joe". He is the alligator that lives under the bar and comes out when the water hose sprays into the water. I hope that "Joe" behaves and doesn't end up getting into trouble because of stupid people. Although improvements need to be made, I would stay again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank gghost
Clearwater, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Billing incompetence; facility and customer care issues.

Billing: Stayed 1 night, charged for 2 nights. (2 nights incorrectly charged to credit card on 1st and only night's stay - not at end of stay, 'tho I told the registrar told we may only stay 1 night). When left (after 1 overnight) the desk personnel initially said a credit would be issued for the 2nd night. The credit never occurred. When the merchant was contacted after a credit card bill was received, the merchant said the credit card charge couldn't be reversed without 'corporate' approval, and that would probably take several weeks. Instead, a future stay of two free-nights was offered. My reply: Not an option, since I have no plans to be in Okeechobee again (and, I would never stay at Pier II Resort again anyway).

Facility: Very dated. Purported 'view' is non-existent. Continental breakfast = coffee, boxed goodies (cupcakes and muffins). Overnight, ants completely covered dog's dry dog food.

Customer care: My friend fell at the entrance as getting into car to leave. Personnel responded upon request and as directed. No particular concern expressed or displayed. (She actually sustained a small fracture of the hip.)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Pat K
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Myself and several friends stayed at Pier II last weekend as a home base for our two day - 125 mile bicycle ride around Lake Okeechobee. We selected Pier II because of the friendly welcome we received from Cathy on an exploratory visit. We also valued the location as it is easy to find for all of our travelers, and it actually has waterfront with fishing pier/dock and of course the over the water lounge. And - for cyclists this resort is less than five minutes from the Okeechobee recreational ail, which means you don't have to fight with cars to get to the trail! Guests will also discover a great place to eat right across the street at the Rim Ditch Cafe...the friendliest place to eat in Okeechobee - we will never forget the famous okeechobee burgers! Pier II accommodated all of our needs...Cathy, Mark, Steven and Dawn were all awesome and seemed truly interested in our two-wheeled adventure and welcomed us back at the end of our 125 mile ride around the lake. We liked it so much we stayed an extra day, spent some more time in the waterfront lounge and were warmly welcomed by the locals who know that this the place to be in Okeechobee!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank John_M34618
Also consider these accommodations in or near Okeechobee
Hampton Inn Okeechobee - Lake Okeechobee
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Scottish Inns Okeechobee
Scottish Inns Okeechobee
#5 of 11 in Okeechobee
4.0 of 5 stars 13 reviews
Homewood Suites by Hilton - Port St. Lucie-Tradition
Homewood Suites by Hilton - Port...
#1 of 12 in Port Saint Lucie
4.5 of 5 stars 376 reviews
Travelodge Suites Lake Okeechobee
BEST WESTERN Lake Okeechobee
BEST WESTERN Lake Okeechobee
#2 of 11 in Okeechobee
4.5 of 5 stars 112 reviews

Been to Pier II Resort? Share your experiences!