“We had a Great time.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Okeechobee
Rockport, Indiana
“We had a Great time.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

I just want to say it was a Great time. The staff is friendly, helpful, and professional, the rooms are clean and well stocked, and my husband and I were treated like a king and queen, I have a problem with not being organized before going on a trip. I called there and spoke to Tracy and she made me feel very comfortable before we left on this trip.
We are a boating and fishing couple, and the accommodations included a nice large dock with electric,and a boat ramp, within easy walking distance. My husband loved it because he could launch the boat right from their location. He also caught a large bass off the dock the first day. They also directed us to some fine dining areas that were amazing. We went several times to the lounge of course, and Chris was very friendly. Maybe the weather could have been better, but we had a great time, and will recommend Pier II Resort to anyone.
We will be back next year.
Trish and Mike Wilson

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Polk City, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

This place was disgusting... Ants crawling everywhere... Bed linens torn and disgusting... Mattress stained... Walls stained... Carpet filthy. Internet doesn't reach most rooms and doesn't work the majority of the time... Even their TV service went down. The locks on the doors are ancient and totally un-secure. Need we say more?

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
New Baden, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

What a joke. This place is filthy and infested with bugs and cockroaches. No since in taking a shower because you are just as dirty when you get out. If you have a reservation cancel it, if you don't have one don't make one!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I have been past this hotel many times and thought it looked quite nice. I booked it for a friend and I to stay recently and found it to be not quite as nice up close. They need to maintain the property and rooms much better. The highlight of the stay was meeting "Joe". He is the alligator that lives under the bar and comes out when the water hose sprays into the water. I hope that "Joe" behaves and doesn't end up getting into trouble because of stupid people. Although improvements need to be made, I would stay again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Clearwater, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Billing incompetence; facility and customer care issues.

Billing: Stayed 1 night, charged for 2 nights. (2 nights incorrectly charged to credit card on 1st and only night's stay - not at end of stay, 'tho I told the registrar told we may only stay 1 night). When left (after 1 overnight) the desk personnel initially said a credit would be issued for the 2nd night. The credit never occurred. When the merchant was contacted after a credit card bill was received, the merchant said the credit card charge couldn't be reversed without 'corporate' approval, and that would probably take several weeks. Instead, a future stay of two free-nights was offered. My reply: Not an option, since I have no plans to be in Okeechobee again (and, I would never stay at Pier II Resort again anyway).

Facility: Very dated. Purported 'view' is non-existent. Continental breakfast = coffee, boxed goodies (cupcakes and muffins). Overnight, ants completely covered dog's dry dog food.

Customer care: My friend fell at the entrance as getting into car to leave. Personnel responded upon request and as directed. No particular concern expressed or displayed. (She actually sustained a small fracture of the hip.)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Myself and several friends stayed at Pier II last weekend as a home base for our two day - 125 mile bicycle ride around Lake Okeechobee. We selected Pier II because of the friendly welcome we received from Cathy on an exploratory visit. We also valued the location as it is easy to find for all of our travelers, and it actually has waterfront with fishing pier/dock and of course the over the water lounge. And - for cyclists this resort is less than five minutes from the Okeechobee recreational ail, which means you don't have to fight with cars to get to the trail! Guests will also discover a great place to eat right across the street at the Rim Ditch Cafe...the friendliest place to eat in Okeechobee - we will never forget the famous okeechobee burgers! Pier II accommodated all of our needs...Cathy, Mark, Steven and Dawn were all awesome and seemed truly interested in our two-wheeled adventure and welcomed us back at the end of our 125 mile ride around the lake. We liked it so much we stayed an extra day, spent some more time in the waterfront lounge and were warmly welcomed by the locals who know that this the place to be in Okeechobee!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Hernando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

For the past 14 years, I have organized a winter motorcycle ride for several firefighters and friends. Our group members come from VA, NC, GA and of course FL. Whenever travelling through Okeechobee, we have always stayed at the Pier II Resort. Over the last several years, we have seen a decline in the property and service. However, this past January, I had the opportunity to sit down with the new management team from the Barryfield Hotel Group and discuss our visit for 2013. Stephen, the front desk clerk, advised me of the improvements currently being made to the property. He also gave me a number to get in touch with Dawn, the General Manager. I called Dawn and she reiterated the commitment made by the Hotel Group to bring the Motel back to Resort Status. She gave us a fair price for accommodations and we agreed once again to make a stop in Okeechobee. Upon arrival and check in we were greeted by Kathy the front desk clerk. She was very helpful and pleasant. As we were unpacking our bikes, Dawn , along with Larry the Director from Barryfield, and Mark from Maintenance came out to the parking lot to also welcome us. I feel very confident this team will return The Pier II Resort to the Resort Status it enjoyed years ago. They have made a lot of much needed changes. The rooms are clean. The amenities are adequate. The Staff is Outstanding.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
tweedyd, Manager at Pier II Resort, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear Fire Ph0enix,
Thank You for the good review. We were very excited when you pulled into the lot. We all love to hear the sound of LOUD PIPES. I hope you return next year here @ The Pier II Resort. We are doing our best to make THE PIER II RESORT , THE BEST KEPTY SECERT IN OKEECHOBEE.
I hope you all had a save trip home. Hope to see you next year.
Dawn Stephenson

Been to Pier II Resort? Share your experiences!