“Very Promising” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 11 hotels in Okeechobee
Hernando, Florida
“Very Promising”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

For the past 14 years, I have organized a winter motorcycle ride for several firefighters and friends. Our group members come from VA, NC, GA and of course FL. Whenever travelling through Okeechobee, we have always stayed at the Pier II Resort. Over the last several years, we have seen a decline in the property and service. However, this past January, I had the opportunity to sit down with the new management team from the Barryfield Hotel Group and discuss our visit for 2013. Stephen, the front desk clerk, advised me of the improvements currently being made to the property. He also gave me a number to get in touch with Dawn, the General Manager. I called Dawn and she reiterated the commitment made by the Hotel Group to bring the Motel back to Resort Status. She gave us a fair price for accommodations and we agreed once again to make a stop in Okeechobee. Upon arrival and check in we were greeted by Kathy the front desk clerk. She was very helpful and pleasant. As we were unpacking our bikes, Dawn , along with Larry the Director from Barryfield, and Mark from Maintenance came out to the parking lot to also welcome us. I feel very confident this team will return The Pier II Resort to the Resort Status it enjoyed years ago. They have made a lot of much needed changes. The rooms are clean. The amenities are adequate. The Staff is Outstanding.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
tweedyd, Manager at Pier II Resort, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear Fire Ph0enix,
Thank You for the good review. We were very excited when you pulled into the lot. We all love to hear the sound of LOUD PIPES. I hope you return next year here @ The Pier II Resort. We are doing our best to make THE PIER II RESORT , THE BEST KEPTY SECERT IN OKEECHOBEE.
I hope you all had a save trip home. Hope to see you next year.
Dawn Stephenson

46 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

I had to physically stay at 3 hotels before I found this location where the suite amenities were available, for a reasonable price. It was a suite with a private bedroom, living room and kitchen. The reason I tried this location is because of its close proximity to a project I was working on at Lake Okeechobee and was recommended by some workers on the same project. The 1st week I stayed there, there were missing kitchen utensils , which I was informed at the front desk they wouldn't provide. They stated the existing utensils (sauce, fork, cups, mugs and dishes) were left by a prior customer (later in the day they provided a spatula and wooden spoon). By the end of the week the elevator was not working for a couple of days. The room was relatively clean though. I decided to stay at this location a second week and was provided the same room. The room was not cleaned appropriately while I was gone (not swept or mopped). Evident by some debris still on the floor. The main reason for this review is because I was extremely disappointed when I was called from the front desk around 8 PM on my 1st day and informed there would be no hot water for 2 weeks. I informed them I would be checking out and wanted a refund and they informed my I would have to wait until the next day. I decided to visit the front desk prior to my departure and confirm what my refund would be. They informed me I would have to stay in another room, which was not the suite i reserved. If I did not accept the offer they would not provide me with a refund. After approximately an hour with the front desk and the owner who did not get on the phone they finally decided to reduce my charge (since I would be a long term client through September and this is July), but would still need to pay the one day charge including a late check out charge, which was unfair. Now that I have ranted, raved and gotten this issue off my chest the only issue with this location is CUSTOMER SERVICE. It is not a primary concern for them. They rather make money today and loose a potential loyal customer for months to come! Needless to say I want my money BACK!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Okeechobee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

The staff was extremely friendly. The food truck was awesome and the bar was clean. The rooms were well maintained. Nice small town feel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

The on-line pictures should be outlawed because of their deception. After seeing 4 rooms upon ck-in, we decided on one for 1 night, because @ ck-in we were told "we already have your $". We did not leave our bags in the room & went to visit family. Returned @ midnight to a parking lot full of loud gang bangers & we were glad to see the local police there, we pulled down the bed spread, to discover unwashed & unmade bed sheets & smelled (pillows & bed). Guess we should of ck'd the bed sheets upon arrival also.
The night desk person very rudely offered us a 5th room to stay in, never even negotiating any type of refund. We left never using any room and no refund offered.
Hopefull all out of town travelers see my review so as to not be deceived by this establishment, website & so called "resort". We did enjoy our 6 day stay in Okeechobee @ a different hotel, that portrays its quality on their website.
feel free to contact me,
Paula A. Weiger
paulaweiger@gmail.com

Room Tip: Do not make reservation site unseen. I have contacted their web designer regarding total misreprese...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

This is the second time I went to this hotel and there are pros & cons.
The pros is that there is a pier, there is a morning breakfast until 9....free drinks were provided for all guests to the bar on property. We enjoyed this drink with music and played table pool..

The cons are that beds are hard.
The pool (the first time had bees under every chair)(the second time the pool was completely closed) (not cool when your on vacation to sun bathe..)
The free breakfast across the street was very nice, me and the kids had a nice breakfast..The Second time around they changed from the diner across the street to a Cart in the back "Big Mamma's), which was not nice at all...All FRIED and not classy!

This hotel was nice back in the day but no one is keeping up with the maintenance. Kind of sad, they have a lot of potential...

I am not one to complained, but if I gonna spend money on a hotel, please make it's what you advertise. If you look at their website it is nothing like what they say...

Unhappy customer, and will never go back there again...

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Pace, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

This is an older hotel but the staff is great and so is the owner. Stayed 2 1/2 weeks while my husband worked there and we got to know everyone by name. There are two food wagons on the premises and two restaurants directly across the street. They comp you a free drink at the bar every day and free hot breakfast across the street. They have a boat dock, a pier, a lounge w/nightly drink specials, an observation tower, everything you need in one place and for Pet Lovers: this is the place to stay with Fido...these are the most pet friendly people I've ever met when it comes to your pet.! I personally made some (I'm sure) lifelong friends at the Pier II Resort!<;) Miss you guys(you know who you are) Victoria and BugTussle>(*U*)<

Room Tip: Upstairs even number for best view. Honeymoon suite is NICE. Have nice apartments as well!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Milford, Delaware
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012 via mobile

The room was noisy

Been to Pier II Resort? Share your experiences!