“Relaxing, Spur of the moment stay” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Okeechobee
“Relaxing, Spur of the moment stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay! Our room was VERY clean and tidy! Plenty of towels and the staff were more than helpful. They have these binders in every room that tell you where the local restaurants are which we took advantage of.

Now it was a little outdated, but very comfortable none-the-less. The only thing we did not expect was at night there are a TON of these small harmless bugs that come out from lake Okeechobee and settle themselves at the doors and lights. This came as surprise to us due to the number of them! However, first thing in the morning there were staff outside cleaning them up. Which makes since, because we saw no signs of them before it was dark except the ones caught in the light fixtures outside. They didn't really bother us any and stayed near the lights and the staff seemed well prepared for them.

Nice little kitchenette with a stove top (no oven) but they do have a BBQ grill outside available next to a picnic bench.

Overall, this was a very pleasant stay for us, and I only wish that I could do more business down in Okeechobee so I could visit here again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Polk City, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

I was quite pleased with my stay here... enough so that I booked it again the following week. The motel is older but they have done some refreshing and staff are seen constantly working to keep things sprayed and tidy. Nothing too fancy but the rooms were secure, reasonably cleaned and quiet, so sleeping at night was not an issue. A lot of guests seem to be longer term workers... so they all seem to leave for work around 5 to 6 am... but otherwise the place was very quiet. I had four working K9's on both trips and the staff were quite friendly and accommodating. Compared to some of the other similarly priced establishments in Okeechobee this place was excellent... a much better value than the 4 and 5 star hotels yet very acceptable.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

The staff at this small motel always made me feel at home during my 3 month long stay (I did check out few times to visit home during weekends). I always requested for same room and most of the time I did get it. The rooms are big with queen bed and kitchen. I do cook my own food and pots and pans in room help lot. I am not big breakfast guy but my coffee was always hot and I always had fresh fruit in morning. Flat screen TV in room was good for evening entertainment and there is a local bar nearby for some good drink specials. I will stay at this place if I am in town again and would recommend this to anyone for long or short stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Been to Travelodge Suites Okeechobee? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Travelodge Suites Okeechobee

Address: 1527 SE Highway 441, Okeechobee, FL 34974
Location: United States > Florida > Okeechobee
Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly )
#1 Best Value Hotel in Okeechobee
#4 Business Hotel in Okeechobee
Hotel Class:2 star — Travelodge Suites Okeechobee 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Wyndham, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Travelodge Suites Okeechobee reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Okeechobee Travel Lodge
Okeechobee Travelodge

If you own or manage Travelodge Suites Okeechobee, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.