“Average Mexican restaurant” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
“Average Mexican restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

I stopped here after the lunch hour. There still seemed to be quite a few lunch patrons still here. The wait staff were very nice. They have a large menu. Their lunch menu is similar to the dinner, but cheaper in price. I admit, I tend to like restaurants that have a better taste than the last restaurant. That they have something, that the other places don't offer. This isn't it. While the food was okay in taste, I would not say it is any better than any other average Mexican restaurant I have eaten. Nothing stood out. I will say that for take out, and less than $7, I got a large burrito and a side of rice, with a bag of chips and salsa. So it was a good deal as far as price.
This place is located near the only Publix in Okeechobee off of 441. Plenty of parking. I think if you like Mexican in general, you may be pleased coming here. For the price, it is certainly worth a visit.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Okeechobee, Florida
“Pretty good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

Good drinks, staff has always been friendly and helpful. Chips and salsa are pretty good. Portions are good size. More tex mex than authantic mexican food. This place is average, never had a bad experiance. Safe choice without big disappointments for Okeechobee.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Oxford, Pennsylvania
“Really Delicious Lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

We went here twice for lunch and the meals were very good.  I had combinations both times and the enchiladas, burritos and chile relleno were tasty and delicious.   I have to admit that they “cheated” on the relleno and rolled the pepper in a egg omlet or something like that; I am more used to a batter dipped chili relleno that is fried, then covered with sauce and then heated in the oven with the rice and beans.  My wife had the Fajita salad bowl which was loaded with chicken and was spiced perfectly, hot and delicious.  We never made it to try dinner but will go back if our travels take us to Okeechobee in the future.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Flagler Beach, Florida, United States
“who knew? a great restaurant in a strip center on 441!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

the restaurant where we planned to have dinner was closed when we got there, so when we saw the sign for mexican food we were hungry enough to try someplace we knew nothing about. it was next to a supermarket, so we figured we could always get ice cream if were unhappy with our meal! but what a wonderful surprise: the food was very good, the service was excellent and the decor is very pretty.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Saskatoon, Canada
“below average mexican food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

We went because of the reviews, disappointed, great staff, good service, below average Mexican food, we both felt sick afterwards, like we had ate way to much fat or oils, which I am sure was the case.

Busy place, I am sure they will continue to do well

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere