“Cute and Yummy!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 74 Restaurants in Okeechobee
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Sandwiches, Dessert, Ice Cream
Dining options: Dessert, Takeout
Description: Nutmeg's a a unique cafe with a variety of sandwiches and salads. Everyday we offer a different selection of homemade quiches, soups, desserts and 12 flavors of gourmet "Working Cow Homemade Ice Cream. We are open Monday - Friday 10am-7pm & Saturday & Sunday 11am to 3pm. We are available for private bridal showers, baby showers and birthday parties during our off hours. Along with our baked goods that we do for the cafe we also are well known for our specialty cakes. Give us a call or stop by to take a look at our portfolio of past cakes for your next event.
Saint Petersburg, FL
“Cute and Yummy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

Thank you TripAdvisor. This is a great find for trips across the state. Very surprising originality in the menu choices for Okeechobee.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Okeechobee, Florida
“LOVE THIS PLACE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Great soups and sandwiches, I try something different every visit and it just keeps getting better and better.

Visited January 2013
“Charming and Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We ate an awesome lunch a Nutmeg's a couple of weeks before Christmas. We had a group of 7, and we were all taken care of quickly and efficiently. Many of us ordered the ham and pear sandwich, which was amazing! We asked if cinnamon butter was used on the bread before it was pressed, and the owner listed about 4 additional spices that she uses to make the sweet butter spread-- Nutmeg's does not lack in attention to detail! Staff was very sweet and accommodating, and decor was adorably unique. I would highly recommend Nutmeg's to anyone!

Rockaway, New Jersey
“Lovely find in Lake Okeechobee (amazing chorizo burger!!)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

We found Nutmeg's from Trip Advisor when looking for places to stop for lunch recently. It is an adorable little cafe with a lot of character. Not only were the staff and the owner were lovely and very helpful about local attractions, the patrons were so friendly! I had the chorizo burger which was AMAZING and my family loved their food as well. We got our desert to go - red velvet cupcakes and pastries. They were delicious as well. The food was so tasty, unique and flavorful, we were amazed at the affordable prices.
I would highly recommend this place for lunch or brunch, it was a lovely place to break in our journey from the west coast to the east coast. I've told my friends on either coast to check it out on their journey through town as well.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Nice resturants and great staff and owner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

We drove from Sarasota to West Palm. We had looked into places to eat on the way and decided upon Nutmeg.

Do let the picture fool you as the owner said it is not of the resturants. My wife tool some photos so you will see the actual picture soon.

Food was great. I had the Cuban sandwich which was nice and freshly made. My wife had the Cherizo burger which she enjoyed judging by the crumbs she left. Pricilla our server/waitress not sure of the political correct term was fantastic.

Polite, helpful on local attractions and places to visit as we drive east.

Highly recommend you visit.

Let me know if I can help further.

• 4 of 5 stars Food