“A resort area star” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Okeechobee
St. Petersburg, Florida, USA
“A resort area star”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

There would be many choices in this area of Florida. I attended an event called the Swamp Bash put on by a club I belong to in both Florida and Vermont. Obviously, This is the Florida branch of an organization that exists around the world.

However, as I told the man at checkout time Sunday morning, this motel, located between Mcdonalds and a Best Western is right up there in my book. There are amenities that even more known motels and hotels don't offfer. A microwave oven, a small refrigerator, a hair dryer, even an ironing board and an iron. An outdoor pool, good cable,good television, two double beds, very comfortable indeed. We were there on a package price but I am sure the Flamingo is competitive year round.

My club chooses many times to plan and provide its own meals. The Flamingo Motel is obviously most accomodating....with an outdoor portable set up for cooking and a community room.located next to an outdoor swimming pool. Needless to say, I arrived reasonably early on Friday and was in the pool by three p m. Might I add that there is a Golden corral about two miles north of the Flamingo, also on 441 South. I went there for Sunday breakfast.

I've lived in Florida now nine years and counting. I'm already planning to attend the next event in Bradenton in November so hopefully I will provide a review there as well.

Room Tip: There are two two storey buildings. Ask for a room away from the road.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Boca Raton, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

I recently enjoyed myself immensely at the Flamingo Motel. 1. The continental breakfast served in the lobby was much better than many other motels, 2. everyone was friendly, 3. my tv control didn't work properly, but it wasn't a big deal since I was only there for a weekend and not in the room much, 4. I liked my room with the small balcony and although I waited for an alligator to crawl out of the small body of water my room overlooked, I never saw one there, 5. Some people in my group took the airboat ride around the swamp and saw gators and wildlife, which was a good experience; 6. I couldn't avail myself of the different fishing spots as I was too busy. 7. The papaya tree near my room was full of fruit, 8. McDonalds was across the road. The price was right. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with the small patio, if you're so inclined to sit outside.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Saint Cloud, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

Clean and affordable. Good staff that will go out of their way to help. Restaurants and grocery stores close. McDonalds and Garrards tackle shop next door. Okeechobee Fishing Headquarters about a mile and a half away.

Room Tip: If your fishing and have a boat ask for a room on the north side. They have spaces where you can sta...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the flamingo motel from march 28-april 5 2012. The price for the week was $256 and this included the con. Breakfast (danish,cereal,coffee, juice, and oatmeal). Overall it has been a very good experience, very clean (no bed bugs, infact we never saw even a fly in our room) and best of all, very quiet at night. Everyone was very friendly. Mcdonalds is right beside the flamingo and is open 24hrs, however the service at mcdonalds is vey slow. If your going to okeechobee, then the flamingo is a must stay, half price of every other motel/hotel in the area. Ohh yeah, and the pool was nice also.

• Stayed April 2012
Saginaw, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

I had a very nice week. Frenidly all of the help. The room worked for me. . I am sorry all of the neg. thing wrote. Go find out for your self.

Room Tip: Suite by the pool was happy and sunny.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Bushnell, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2011

Good enough but I stayed there in April---May 2010. Today my credit card bill came in and I was charged for over a week in Jan 2011. Wasn't there and can prove it. FRAUD!!! Am reporting it to my credit card company.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2011

This was the dirtiest place I have ever stayed. The door would'nt lock ,many things were broken,pool heater was not working,and there were bugs everywhere in the room. A man a few doors down was selling drugs out of his room,when we brought this up with the management they said oh well ,he pays on time. We will never go back.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Flamingo Motel? Share your experiences!