“Rude Owner” 2 of 5 stars

Type: Sports Complexes, Sports
Sarasota, Florida
“Rude Owner”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My husband surprised me for my birthday by bringing me here for a 5 day trip. Its in a great location and we were having a good time especially at the range until we meet the Owner (The wife) She was extremely rude and made us feel very uncomfortable by her attitude she emitted. She acted as if she's the most prestige women in Florida and she's above all. My daughters were in the store when they encountered her and she walked past them and then stopped to turn around to say "those are my used clothing rack" Like her used clothing was wore by Madonna or something. Give me a break.

Visited May 2013

West Palm Beach, Florida
6 attraction reviews
“Fun and challenging day of shooting clays!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

This was a surprisingly fun day. We had a group of 12 of us, many inexperienced in shooting shotguns, so I was not quite sure what to expect. Quail Creek delivered a clean, safe and challenging afternoon of barbecue and outdoor fun.

In checking in, some of our crew rented guns while others brought their own. We brought our own ammunition, though ammo was available there for a reasonable price. We started out with a turn at 5-stand, which is basically the driving range of shooting clays. Each person takes a turn (trying to) shoot clays that are launched from various positions at varying heights and speeds. One of Quail Creek's experts guides you along and gives you detailed instruction on gun safety and technique. After several practice rounds, we took a break for lunch, which was a good beef brisket, fries and lemonade/iced tea.

After lunch, we headed out on the "red course" which is one of two shooting clay courses with 13 different shooting stands and scenarios. It is very much a nice golf course feel, except of course for the 4x4 golf cart and the sounds of shots being fired. Each stand has instructions telling you how many clays will be fired at a time (1 or 2) and how many shots each person will take (6 or 8). At the push of a button, the clays fly, some headed out, across, over or toward you and even several that race across the ground. It is challenging, but even those who had never shot a gun did pretty well and everyone had a great time. I would say be prepared for varying weather as our day turned from cool and sunny to brisk and windy by late in the day. I would also suggest allowing for it to be a full day affair. As for value, I thought it was money well spent, as we averaged under $100 per person including lunch, the 5-stand and the course with golf cart rental.

Visited March 2013
Leesburg, Virginia
“Great Time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Good place to go and practice your skills for hunting. A beautiful location with friendly staff. Was just a slight drive out to get to it but well worth it.

Visited November 2012
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
12 attraction reviews
“Great fun skeet shooting! I highly recommend this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I went to Quail Creek Plantation on a Saturday with four friends, (four men and one woman), and we had a great time skeet shooting. My friends had been there before but it was my first visit and only my second time ever shooting skeet. We did the red course. We were all fairly inexperienced but it really didn't matter because the course is easy to navigate and operate in terms of launching the clays. It's just plain fun and I recommend it to anybody.

The staff is friendly and helpful.

I also have to mention the delicious lunch, we had brisket and it was great.

I want to go back!