“not too bad....” 3 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Okeechobee, Florida
“not too bad....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Not too bad. Since I am a beer drinker and they have my favorite beer in a nice cold mug I actual enjoy this place. The food is average but not uneatable. Restaurant looks like a mexican cantina! very colorful

Visited October 2013

Fort Myers, Florida
“Excellent Mexican Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Recently we went to a birthday party for a close friend. He picked Los Cocos Mexican Restaurant for his
birthday dinner. There were people lined up out the door. Every chair/table was occupied. We were soon
to find out why. There were 14 of us, and we were all at a long series of tables. When the meals came we received large plates with generous servings. Everything was cooked there and was very tasty and well-prepared. This is a one-of-kind restaurant -- not a chain.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Okeechobee florida
“Bad Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

I live in Okeechobee and have eaten here many times over the past 10 years. During that time the service has steadily declined. Today we went there and my vegetarian wife ordered a taco salad with the chicken on the side. The waitress said the cook gets mad if you ask for anything done differently. There was no management around and she refused to ask, so we left and will never return. Service has never been a big priority with this restaurant but now there is competition in town and I do not think they will survive.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Real made from f Mexican food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I was in the area on business and stepped into the office where I had to go to and they all eating food from this place, I asked where was it from because it smelled great, the owner gave me directions and I headed right to there and ordered the chips and salsa, and for my entree I had a combo plate that had a wet burrito filled with chunks of really good tasting meat along with a enchilada, and a chicken taco.

The salsa is served hot which was a nice surprise I only had the basic cold version everywhere else. It was very flavorful and after the very first taste I knew I was in for a made from scratch Mexican dinner that I wouldn't soon forget, and I am glad to say I was right.

Everything was top notch I can hardly wait to head that way again cause I am going back.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sebastian, FL
“Each visit gets worse...........”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

We have eaten in this restaurant 3 times. The first time (about mid 2012) was a bit off the rush hour and both the food and service was great. The next time about 6 months later it was busier and both food and service was about average. Yesterday (3/06/13) we arrived just about noon. The booths were all full so we seated ourselves at a table. The waitress was there fairly quickly and then had to make coffee before being able to serve it. She offered nachos and salsa so we agreed only to find that they were not free as in most Mexican restaurants. She took our order (Quesadillas with guacamole extra $$) and delivered it with my fresh coffee at about the same time. By the time I finished my food the coffee was cold. The food was more expensive than most Mexican places and just "OK". The noise made conversation almost impossible. We have probably made our last visit there. There are many Mexican restaurants in the area. We will seek out one of those the next time we find ourselves in Okeechobee.

• Visited March 2013