“Not a good choice.” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 11 hotels in Okeechobee
Turin, Italy
“Not a good choice.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

The hotel motel has an unsatisfactory ratio cost versus quality: room 110 needs decoration and repair, floor carpet smells, the atmosphere is dark, breakfast is miserable.
Some customers may find the location on the main road as convenient, but I did not because of the traffic.
The only positive point is the bed, or better the mattress.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
ShirleyM24, Manager at Budget Inn Okeechobee, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
I am sorry you did not like your stay with us. We are always making improvements to our hotel. We always ask our guest when they are checking out if everything was ok with the room you should have let us know there was a problem. If you every come this way again please stop in and see us would love to show you a room before you check in and I have rooms on the backside away from the traffic. I hope to see you again would like for you to have a good stay with us. Thank you for your feed back so we can make more improvements to our hotel.

18 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Chesapeake, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

By giving this motel an "Average" rating, that is to say that is certainly adequate for a night or two stay. The room was clean and roomy enough. Although a bit dated, it was fine and not a problem. It is convenient to be able to park right outside your room and that's a plus for me when I have lots of luggage I need to lug into a room.

The clerks at the desk were quick to respond when we went into the very small office and rang the bell for attention. My biggest complaint is the lack of a hair dryer to use. We travel a lot and I don't believe we've ever stayed in a place that did not have at least a "loaner" for guests to use. I never bring a hair dryer on a trip anymore, because they are always available -- but, not at this budget Inn. The lady said they'd had too many hair dryers go missing when guests borrowed them. I suggested they at least take a deposit that would be returned to the guest when they brought back the hair dryer. Oh, well, I left the place with damp hair.

The continental breakfast was a wrapped bun, there was not even any coffee that morning. That was not a bother, because we didn't expect much in the way of breakfast there. We stopped by the McDonald's down the street.

If you're looking for a place to sleep as you travel through the Okeechobee area, this motel would certainly be adequate for your needs.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to comment on our page. I am glad you had a good stay with us. We are doing lots of improvements to our hotel all the time. We have put alot of work into our rooms. Would love to show you a room if you come to the area again and stay with us. Thank you and have a nice day from the staff of the Budget Inn of Okeechobee.
Upstate New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Hard to beat the Price of a large, clean room. Central location just off Busy South Parrott Ave. Walking distance to local American Legion Post where many friendly people hold weekly nightly events... Like Taco, Margarita night (thursday?) Friendly staff very knowledgeable about the local attractions etc. Average motel, parking limited but adequate. Would stay there again for location and value. If you hunt or fish with Ron's guide service mention them and you recieve a discounted price on your room.

Room Tip: Rooms closer to So. Parrott ave are a little bit noisy due to proximity of Ave. (close) Traffic, get...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I am happy you had an enjoyable stay with us. I am glad my staff took care of you. Look forward to you stay with us again. Thank you from the staff of the Budget Inn of Okeechobee!
cherry valley
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

First of all they billed our credit card 4 days before stay. Check their cancellation policy-has to be cacelled the afternoon prior to your days stay or they bill you for a nights stay.First room they assigned us had no working fridge so they reluctantly allowed us to move. The new room had dust bunnies hanging from walls and ceiling. The microwave didnt work properly,the bathroom door frames were rotting, the toilet wasnt bolted to the floor and a million or so ants were travelling around the floor. The pool was shut down and not very nice looking,it is located next to a dog pen with a couple of dogs wandering in it. The lovely picnic area they show in photos is a battered up table sitting in a dirty area with an old upholstered chair. The continental breakfast was supposed to be served from 7 until---. We left at 7:10 and the office was still closed tight so not even a coffee for our money. Only booked here because it was one of the few places accepting dogs in the area and we paid $15 extra for that .At a total of 105 dollars with tax I would expext more. Wont be back

Room Tip: no room would be good
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
We always try to hope our guest have a good stay with us, I am sorry your stay wasn't. During the winter time is when we do improvements to the pool area, so I am sorry you was not aware of the pool being closed. Also the pet area is for all guest with dogs so they can give them some running time. Its part of our pet friendly hotel. We have two bbq areas one by the pool and the other one is by room 112. Our breakfast is always open from 7 to 10 everyday. Again I am sorry you didn't have a pleasant stay! We are doing improvements on our hotel so please feel free to stop by and look at our rooms before you check in and let me know if there is a problem I will take care of it.
Okeechobee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Due to a recent family emergency, we stayed a few days. They were AWESOME!! Lisa went above and beyond her "duties"! So very friendly and kind to my sons, they called her "Mama Lisa"! Shirley was very sweet and helped anytime we needed her, The pool was very very clean. Room though older, was nicely funished and very clean. The pet friendly atmosphere was great! My 1 yr old loved TATER!! Very quiet in the evenings. We didn't not take advantage of the grill that was offered, but was nice to have it available. Would highly recommend to friends and family! Will be staying again in the future! Thank you Lisa and Shirley! For everything!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
West Palm Beach, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

The ppl who run the budget inn in okeechobee r wonderful. our room was great,the service was great my husbands father who lived there passed away lisa gave us a room rite away she n her partner we fabulous i would recommend every1 stay there if they r in okeechibee!!!

Room Tip: all rooms looked good we got 1 bed bt they have watever u need
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

My stay was amazing! The rooms and pool were very clean!! The staff was wonderful and willing to go the extra mile to make our stay the best possible! Pet and children friendly which is very hard to find! Overall had a very nice weekend! We will be going back very soon!

• Stayed August 2012

Been to Budget Inn Okeechobee? Share your experiences!