“nice room” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Ocoee
Old Bridge, New Jersey
“nice room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Very nice for a very reasonable price. The room is clean, air condition quiet and many amenities, such as, glass door refrigerator, and microwave.The hotel is clean and the staff are friendly and helpful. The hotel staff are friendly and helpful. The pool is large and clean and there is a Perkins attached. Definitely would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

As a native to the area returning to visit... I was less than enthused when my dad told me where he has put me up for the week. But wow were my expectations exceeded! I absolutely loved our room. It was nice, clean, and spacious. I was more of a hotel person before this experience but now I love the motel atmosphere. The area and pool are very beautiful. I did not go in the pool but it looked very nice and clean. There were never more than 3 or 4 people down there at a time which I like. Next time I visit, I would definitely stay here. The rate was AMAZING I was shocked at how cheap our room was compared to other places I have stayed.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Myersville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

This is what a stay at a Central Florida Hotel should be! Totally relaxing, huge & clean pool only steps away from your door, lounge chairs, cabana, AND a Perkins!! If you are not happy here, there is no pleasing you. All this, and at a budget hotel! The service was excellent, the room was clean and updated. It even had a wine cooler. Breakfast steps away at the hotel's Perkins Restaurant. Perfect! No complaints!

• Stayed May 2014
Thonotosassa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Ever had a day that you wished would just be over already? That's the kind of day I was having before I called Sabal Hotel to make a reservation with Tim F. He embodies the good ole fashioned customer service I am used to and went out of the way to inquire about my preferences and meeting my needs. The reservation experience was unlike any I'd recently experienced, even at some much higher priced hotels, and I was pleasantly surprised.

When I checked in, it was Tim F. that served me. He had the most pleasant and graciously optimistic personality and just made me feel much, much better about my day. He went out of his way to make sure that checking in and staying at Sabal was not going to be a part of this day that I wanted to write off. He even invited me to come back down stairs and chat with him if needed to help keep the ending of my day headed in the right direction.

Moreover, the rooms were clean, beds were comfy and stay was great! I'll definitely be staying here again should my travels require a stay over in Ocoee.

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly for the best customer service you may receive in a long, long time.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Ormond Beach, Florida, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

This motel is way over priced for what it is. It's a very old building with outside entrances. I experienced issues right off the bat. I arrived at 5:30 after a long day outdoors and was ready for a place to relax. When I get to the desk I am told that my room still isn't cleaned. Really?! Check out is at 11 and my room isn't ready at 5:30! The lady says it will be about 20 more mins. Nearly an hour later, I finally get a key to my room. The furnishings were very nice (that was the best thing about this place). The hot tub was lukewarm at best and there is no breakfast included. I booked and paid for my room through hotels.com. They asked for my credit card at the time of check in. I thought nothing of it. After I arrived home, I see that the hotel has charged me as well. It took me 5-6 days to get that money back. I will not stay here again if I can help it.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Beverly Hills, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

The desk staff were very professional and helpful. The rooms are very nicely decorated and comfortable. Our wedding party stayed here and everyone was very impressed. The pool area is very nice and the Perkins restaurant on the premises was very convenient.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Boca Raton, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

The only plus to this place are the attractive room furnishings, and nicely appointed bath area. It's all downhill from there.

Room showed dirty tracks in the carpet to the bath area. The bath floor tile grout was black with filth. I did not find the beds comfortable, and the pillows were just terrible. The throw-away cups they provide in the room for the coffee maker aren't insulated leading to a really hot cup experience. As an aside, some hotel owner will have to explain to me the point of spending good money furnishing hotel rooms only to take the cheap way out in cleaning and maintenance.

This place is PAR-TAY Central! There were outdoor parties on the three nights of my stay that prevented any sleep. On a couple of nights they ended shortly after 10 p.m., BUT early Sunday morning at 12:45 a.m., I presented myself at the front desk to inquire as to whether the staff had any intentions of quieting the ongoing party. Apparently not, as the party continued past 2 a.m. with the revelers hitting my door and room window. I had one drunk hanging around outside my door playing with his phone with still others loitering on the stairs and walkways. In the morning, I observed empty bottles rolling around the walkways.

THEY WERE EXTREMELY LOUD.

I got virtually no rest that night and worked a trade show on Sunday for 6 hours and then drove for 3 hours - it was exhausting because of the staffers' indifference.

This is probably the WORST HOTEL STAY I CAN REMEMBER IN 20+ YEARS OF BUSINESS TRAVEL!

This disinterest on the part of staff in the comfort of the guests is rather disconcerting. I've never been treated with such disrespect, and indifference by an innkeeper. Apparently my rights ended with just a single room rental as compared to the partiers' multiple rentals. I wasn't even offered another room away from the noise.

There is nothing special about this place, and with a Marriott Springhill Suites next door, do yourself a favor, spend the money, and stay there or at the Holiday Inn Express about 3½ miles east on Colonial Drive.

AVOID PRICELINE that put me in this place. There is no excuse for them to host sales for this property.

AVOID THIS MOTEL!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
OrlandoOcoeeHotels, Front Office Manager at Sabal Hotel Orlando West, responded to this review, April 16, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay at the Sabal Hotel Orlando West. Your comments regarding the noise and carpet/floor issues have been shared with our leadership team. We haven taken this opportunity to review our practices and procedures to prevent these issues from happening in the future. I hope that you will consider giving us another opportunity to serve you. If you are coming to the area in the future, please contact me directly at ssingh@flmorlando.com Sincerely, Sattie Singh- Guest Service Manager.

Been to Sabal Hotel Orlando West? Share your experiences!