“Surprize!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 5 hotels in Ocoee
Panhandle of Florida
“Surprize!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

We had not been to Ocoee for a few years and always stayed at this location, when it was Best Western. What a pleasant surprize. Everyone was so friendly and the remoldeled rooms are beautiful. We asked for a room away from the street side and on the first level and got just what we wanted. The bed was just right. A beautiful flat screen tv and a shower to die for. Loved that large shower and overhead shower head. Had a great breakfast at Perkins with a lively waitress and a very pleasant gal at the checkout desk. We will certainly stay there again. Love the peace and quiet and especially the cleanliness!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

70 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Thanks for such a wonderful stay!
I researched many places before coming across your place online. The staff was super friendly - each and EVERY time we called them or stopped up front (for directions, restaurant suggestions, extra towels, etc.).
The room was so very clean, fresh, and inviting. The bed was very comfortable and roomy!
We used the jacuzzi which was clean and relaxing- but the pool was a "little" too cold for our liking!
Got hungry and headed to Perkins for an evening snack, and realized that they were about to close! Thought they'd apologize and send us on our way --- but they were so friendly with us and didn't think twice about serving us and being sure to tell us to take our time instead of making us feel rushed! Food was great and reasonable, Perkins manager and waitress were extremely professional and friendly!
We even brought our own bottle of wine to enjoy for anniversary in the room - but forgot a corkscrew and the bartender in the lounge was kind enough to let us use theirs!
Can't think of anything negative AT ALL about this visit, and can't wait to stay there again!
Thanks, Sabal Hotel Orlando West for the wonderful experience, and for proof that a last minute hotel stay CAN be a terrific experience!
Your staff was AWESOME!
L. Dix LaFayette, GA

Room Tip: Poolside room was great - and we were surprised that as crowded as the parking lot was when we woke...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

All newly renovated room, even a wine fridge! Upscale furnishings, and very very clean. Quite reasonable. A breakfast restaurant shares is located in the hotel and was quite good. Apparently very close to Disney and Universal tho we were just traveling through. The grounds used to hold another named hotel, which is what our Garmin picked up. All in all, would dr finely stay here again. Very enjoyable stay- no complaints whatsoever.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This hotel may be one of the best kept secrets of West Orlando. The hotel is a renovated Best Western on a quiet but convenient stretch of Highway 50, super close to ramps to the 429 (North/South) and the Turnpike/408 (East/West). Food options are great! There's a full sized Perkins restaurant in the lobby that seems like its always open with super friendly staff. There's also a Twistee Treat soft serve ice cream place right across Hwy 50 that is always packed (drive thru and walk-up service) that has the best chocolate soft serve ice cream. There's also a place called Gator Subs in the same parking lot that actually has great burgers (who knew) and also across Maguire there's a Japanese steakhouse where they cook in front of you. And if you want good BBQ, the local hidden gem Yellow Dog Eats is just a short drive away to the south in Gotha.

The rooms have a modern, comfortable style with a roomy bathroom, flat screen tv, iron and board, comfortable pillow top beds, mini fridge, microwave and coffee maker. Although all rooms open to the outdoors, it's quiet and feels safe. The pool facing rooms are neat because it feels isolated but the exterior rooms are nice too because you can back your car up near your room.

Can't say enough good things about this hotel or its awesome staff. My husband and I chose to stay here for about a month now while we relocate to the area and couldn't have been made to feel more welcome or comfortable. We'd definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a quiet, no-fuss stay.

Oh, I accidentally rated the fitness center but I don't know if they even have one here, so I rated it Average since I couldn't deselect it.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side of the hotel sometimes are requested by people working construction or road j...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
St Augustine, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

This hotel was in a good location and was well kept. The room had a flat screen TV, the room was large, it was very contemporary-looking and sleek, and had a big bathroom with a rain shower. However, as many other reviewers mention, the room did not get cold enough at night and as a result was "stuffy." Usually, I get frozen out of the room but on this stay I was the one who couldn't sleep because the air was not cool enough. I suppose there is a regulator of some sort in the rooms to avoid colder temps. The TV didn't seem to have digital cable, and the "king" size bed was actually a queen size bed. With a few modifications, this hotel would be the perfect place to stay.

Room Tip: Not good if you like a cool place to sleep, 10% discount at Perkins located in the hotel, nice pool...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

My family and I had to stay at the Sabal Hotel because of an emergency situation. (Our apartment was not ready for us too move in). While checking in I noticed we were being put on the second floor, when asked if the property had an elevator I was told no. I then felt it necessary to explain that I would prefer a room on the first floor because my daughter recently had surgery because she fractured her ankle (just two weeks ago, and had surgery only a week and a half ago). Going up the stairs is extremely difficult for her. After explaining to the front desk staff the response I was given was this: "that's why you have this strong man (while demonstrating the pose of a professional body builder). I did not think the comment was funny or appropriate , and keep in mind we have been moving ALL day. My husband went to the front desk the next morning to speak with the dat staff about having a room on the second floor the response given too him is that we should have made a reservation. Our second night at Sabal, I asked for extra pillows so my daughter could elevate her leg, I was told they did not have any extra pillows! I worked as a front desk representative before and there is NO WAY I would have treated guest the way my family and I were treated. I believe when a guest has a concern, staff members should take a proactive approach to ensure the customer is happy and comfortable. I will never stay at this hotel again and I would never recommend Sabal Hotel to individuals who are traveling with children or if you have any special needs!!!!!! DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY WITH THIS HOTEL. Did I mention the congregation of individuals in the parking lot drinking sitting in lawn chairs when we pulled into the parking lot. I am so happy this is our last night here!

• Stayed August 2012
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

Stayed here one night for a concert at the Central Florida Fairgrounds, which was about a 5 minute drive. Anyways, the neighborhood is not too nice, but this hotel was. Checked in around 10 PM via a very nice lady in the front. I was kinda skeptical at first because it had been awhile since I've stayed at a hotel with the doors on the exterior of the building. However, once inside, the room was quite nice. The furniture had a very modern feel to it. The bathroom was a lot larger than your average hotel bathroom. The pictures posted online are exactly what you get. Only complaint was that the Wifi was extremely weak in the room we stayed in. However, we didn't carry a laptop so it wasn't too big of a deal.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Sabal Hotel Orlando West? Share your experiences!