“Unbelievable find” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Japanese
shakopee, Minnesota, USA
“Unbelievable find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Most of the sushi places I eat at in Minnesota burn a hole in your pocket in order to get quality raw fish. I sat down here and ordered in the same way I do in Minnesota, starting with some Tuna sashimi as an appetizer. The tuna was fantastic, very tender and fatty. There were 7 or 8 pieces and it was like 8 bucks, half or less what it would be in Minnesota. Next I ordered the Spider Roll modified with some extra spice and it was very enjoyable. Since I was by myself, and staying in a nearby hotel, I wasn't shy about having several carafe's of Sake. Even the sake was pretty decent and respectably priced. I topped my visit off with some Cheesecake Tempura, which I'd never actually tried before. There are not many words I can use to accurately describe what I though about that stuff, it was that good at the time! Anyway, this place is a hidden little gem. If I ever get back to Ocoee, I will make sure I go out of my way to go here for Sushi and a gallon more of that sake! The service was fantastic, the waitresses were all amazingly hot. It couldn't have been better.

• Visited March 2013

Woodstock, Canada
“Must check out this little gem near Orlando!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

My girlfriend and I were looking to satiate a craving for sushi while on vacation in Orlando and came upon this little gem while browsing reviews on various websites. We're happy to report that the good reviews were accurate.

While a little heavy on the artificial crab (we had the Hot Night roll, the Mexican roll, the Volcano roll and the Robert roll), the rolls were delicious overall. If you like it spicy, definitely try the Mexican roll. I didn't think that Sriracha would go well with sushi, but it does! There is a a lot of variety of rolls to satisfy almost any guest and they are sorted by whether they are raw or cooked. There is also a variety of interesting appetizers and desserts such as sushi nachos and mocchi ice cream that we did not try, but would have had we been able to eat more.

The service was great. Not over friendly, but friendly enough and won't ignore you. The price is pretty standard. Rolls can range from 5 dollars to 15 dollars depending on size and ingredients.

Coming from a town that's heavily saturated with Japanese restaurants, we weren't really sure what to expect away from home. We're pleased to say that Crazy Fish was a pleasant surprise and managed to more than satisfy our need for sushi.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
OAKLAND
“Good Sushi”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Good sushi is usually very expensive. We had a Lot of sushi for a reasonable price. Service was very good. The hot tea pot kept our tea the perfect temperature.
The Spicy tuna had very good flavor. The server recommended the Hot Crunch roll and we were not disappointed.
Nice family style atmosphere with a nice selection of reasonably priced sushi.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Amazing sushi... will be back soon!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We went to Crazy Fish Sushi last night for the first time. We were not disappointed! I have to say, initially when I was told the location, I did a double take and immediately started looking at reviews. As a local, having lived here my entire life, Ocoee/Winter Garden are not where I would look for a sushi restaurant. But the reviews seemed promising, and my friends had heard good things.

Let me preface everything with the caveat that we all love spicy, so we decided to splurge and go with it, since typically not every one does when ordering sushi as a group. So if I say we did not find it particularly spicy, if you do NOT like spice, you WILL find it spicy. :)

We ordered 6 rolls and all were good-to-amazing. Our favorite was the Fire On You roll... we agreed unanimously that this was one of the best rolls we have ever had. While the most expensive, which at $14.95 I did not find excessive compared to any other roll I have had that was this amazing, this roll was incredible! If you do not like spicy, do not order. If you love spicy, and will then comment this was not spicy enough, add wasabi (I did :))

Playboy Roll /Super Rainbow Roll while we ordered both of these, and actually sent back the Super Rainbow Roll after receiving it because we thought it was the same as the Playboy Roll, they insisted they were two different rolls. Either way, both were delicious, but would recommend not ordering both for the same meal if they truly are that similar.

I read a review and thought it indicated the 911 Roll was spicy, but we did not think it was at all. Definitely sweet. Very good roll, and great accompaniment to our spicier selections but not remotely spicy. I ordered the Avocado Roll, as I always love them (and at $3.95 why not?) and it was as good as any I have ever had... very basic roll, so not one to judge much on. But overall we were incredibly impressed!

If you are dining with intention to have a full bar, or even numerous wine selections, this is probably not the spot. They have no liquor and very limited wine, as well as limited sake. But if you want amazing sushi, give Crazy Fish a try!

• Visited April 2013
Orlando, Florida
“Great sushi and good service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

This was our first time to Crazy Fish and we really liked it! The sushi was fresh and very reasonably priced. I had a bento box with shrimp tempura and sashimi for only $12.95. We'd make the drive from Dr. Phillips to eat here again!

• Visited April 2013