“Best Hotel for the Money” 4 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Orlando West
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11241 W Colonial Drive, Ocoee, FL 34761   |
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Ocoee
Winter Garden, Florida
“Best Hotel for the Money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I'm staying at the Red Roof Inn after checking out of an extended stay place which had critter problems. So far so good. The place is dated, can use a renovation, but I'm sure the price will increase if that happens. So for a value seeking person, this hotel offers acceptably clean rooms (I'm a clean and germ freak so I do some further disinfecting my self). I always check beds for evidence of bed bugs since I've already had bad experiences with them, both times was at higher end hotels....who would figure. No signs of bed bugs here and no bites! That is the main thing. The room has a desk area which I use a lot and a flat screen tv with cable. Internet is Free, but it's not the best connection with frequent drops, front desk was kind enough to give me a hard wire; much better now. You can choose a room with a microwave and fridge for $10 extra, but we've been eating out and have a cooler in the room for drinks so that has been sufficient. I haven't had an issue with noisy neighbors (knock on wood) and they have a coin operated washer and dryer for guest use which has come in handy. You can buy a roll of quarters at the front desk. Nothing fancy, but like a said, for a value seeking guest, it has been the best place a have found with friendly staff. Denny's and many other food establishments are within walkin distance. Location is great with easy access to major highways. By the way, if you sign up for their points reward card you get a bottle of water for each day you stay. Free coffee is good here too. :)

Room Tip: Third floor is quietier and has better views.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Paige A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Orlando West, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear Sweet Pea Miami,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and taking the time write a trip advisor review. We always encourage our guest feed back. I appreciate the compliments on the hotel and staff.

We look forward to seeing you again, when your travel plans include Ocoee, FL.

Paige Albright

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

Toni at the front desk was amazing and gave us a discount since my husband was in town for work. The discount at Dennys was great and we had a great nights rest. If the bed were a little softer, it would've been the perfecy stay!

• Stayed June 2014
Paige A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Orlando West, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear Nettie,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and taking the time to fill out a trip advisor review. Thank so much for the wonderful compliment on Toni. She truly loves what she does. We are so happy that she is part of our team.

We hope that you will stay with us again if your plans include Ocoee, FL.

Ocean Springs, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

I was in Orlando for a job interview. The location makes an easy commute to both downtown and the theme parks. The hotel was very clean and the room very comfortable. I had plenty of desktop space to do some last minute work.

The front desk staff is excellent. When I asked about area apartments, she gave me plenty of information and even suggested I go to the 711 close by and get an apartment finder guide. I did and secured an apartment the next day, thanks to her local knowledge.

I would highly recommend this hotel for business or leisure.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Chad,

Thank you for your recent stay and taking the time fill out a trip advisor review. We really appreciate all of our guests feed back.

We want to welcome you and your family to Orlando, FL. Great place to live. I am glad our staff was able to help you with apartment hunting.

We hope that when you family and friends come down to visit, that they stay with us.

Live Oak, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel during a business trip. I found the hotel easy to get to, clean, and nicely furnished. The staff was warm and friendly. I recommend this hotel and will stay again when in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
RedRoofOcoee, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Orlando West, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear Lisa,

Thank you for your recents stay with us and taking the time to fill out a trip advisor review. It is always nice to hear positive comments on our hotel and staff. Our goal is to have everyone who stays here enjoyed thier stay.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future when your plans bring you back to Ocoee, Fl.

Sincerly,
Key West
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

We stopped here a couple years ago and were impressed with the lobby. At that time they did not have a room available. Based on that view of the lobby we made a reservation this May. While the lobby is still very nice, the hallways and rooms were less impressive. The room seemed very small but did have high ceilings. The carpeting seemed very soiled for looking relatively new.The linens were fine and the furnishings were quite nice. For the price it is a good value, but there is nothing that would make me want to return to this hotel. There are so many hotels in the area from which to choose. I think we will try another place next time.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
rriocoee, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Orlando West, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and taking the time to write a trip advisor review. I appreciate your comments. Guest feed back is very important to help improve our hotel and customer service. Our hotel will be going under a complete renovation this year. I hope that you will stay with us again when you are in the Ocoee area.

Graham, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

From the time I called and booked our room until we departed all of the staff was helpful courteous and very pleasant. We were there for 7 nights and I would definitely stay there again. It was close to our Grandson therefore convenient for him to come and pick us up and drop us off. Having a choice of eating places close by was very nice as well. We needed to change rooms for our last night (there was a leak in room above us) the staff was very apologetic and even helped move us over one room. No complaints here.

Room Tip: We were on bottom floor and ice machine could occasionally be a little noisy. I would take bottom fl...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your stay and taking the time to write a trip advisor review. It is always so nice hear positive comments about our staff and hotel. We value all of our guest feedback.

Thank you again for your business and we look forward to seeing you again when you come down to visit your grandson.

Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

The day shift Front Desk Clerk was very pleasant, respectful and professional. He was attentive and knowledgable and confident in a humble manner. The cleaning lady in charge our room did an excellent job. The beds were very clean and made well, there was no. Visible dust, the towels were clean and folded neatly, the carpet was very clean and so was the bathroom. We were on the first floor two rooms behind the front desk. I think it was 115 or 114? We stayed there Saturday night in April 2014. The lobby was immaculate and the furniture was modern and comfortable at the same time. We plan to stay there every time we have a softball Tournaments in Clermont, Fl. And I would recommend your hotel to anyone and everyone.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Ada D,

Thank you for your recent stay and kind words for the front desk staff and housekeeping department. We take pride in our hotel and always welcome guest comments and feed back.

We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again when you are in the Ocoee area.

General Mangaer

Been to Red Roof Inn Orlando West? Share your experiences!