“"Great repeat stay"” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 36 Hotels in Ocala
Hallandale Beach, Florida
“"Great repeat stay"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

The company I work for has booked rooms at this location,4-5 times a yr., for the past 10+ years..The employees are all friendly, professional & accommodating, whenever we stay there..The rooms & breakfast bar have been upgraded in the past year, so an added plus...

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

We booked 2 rooms. They were both very clean and smelled nice and clean. All the hotel employees we came in contact with were very pleasant. The breakfast had many things to choose from. The only complaint I have is that the food that was supposed to be hot like the eggs and the biscuits with gravy were cold. There was a microwave to heat them up though. Overall very satisfied and will definitely return.

• Stayed April 2014
GMAU2014, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Ocala, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review. We pride ourselves on the current and continuous training that our staff members receive to be able to accoommodate great guest as yourself. I am pleased that you gave us the opportunity to satisfy your overnight stay.
We have also since checked the plugs on the hot items on the buffet that you mentioned, thank you for bringing it to our attention.
Washington DC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

Since the manager, Adriana, seemed to try and make the issue different from my issue of poor customer service, I hope I can explain my concern to my fellow travellers. I am silver elite status with Marriott and I do reviews on TripAdvisor; I like to think I am fair and honest.
Background: my mom, 92 and disabled, was coming to visit me but got a very late start due to physical issues. At around 10:30 pm, I expressed to my sister and Mom my concern regarding their travelling so late and not having a reservation. I told them I would find a good hotel in a good area and book it for them. I thought Marriott Fairfield Inn in Ocala would fit the bill so I booked using points and asking for mobility/hearing impaired. Yes, that is the grouping. When they got there, John, the clerk told them he had no handicap rooms available except a king suite which he could not upgrade them to because it was paid using points. He could if they paid the $101 discount rate. My sister being tired just accepted the non handicap room and carried all handicap equipment upstairs. I called John to confirm he could not upgrade them to the king suite because I used points. Now when I called Marriott and then Adriana, the story was that no handicap rooms were open. Finally Adriana and I agreed there was a king suite available but it was hearing impaired; not handicap accessible. Adriana indicated that perhaps John did not understand it was only hearing impaired. Regardless, fellow travellers, I feel the customer service was poor. First starting with pairing mobility and hearing together and creating confusion, second, for not upgrading just because points were used third, being willing to let what was thought to be a handicap room sit empty for the night instead of upgrading regardless of points and fourth for trying to direct the concern to a different issue and be blameless. John should have noted the time and weariness of the people, should have upgraded to king suite regardless of points or money. If he thought the room was handicap accessible (and it should have been), he should have offered it. I will even state that it might have turned out they would have preferred the double beds room; he should have let them decide instead of following some points rule. My whole experience has left a bad taste in my mouth. I hope you fellow travellers get into all the details with this franchise when staying as they do not seem to be willing to offer customer service if you don't understand all their details and rules. Goodness knows how they treat non Marriott Rewards and other very senior guests!

Room Tip: Be specific, read reviews on this site. Don't trust they will take care of you or your family.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to send in a response to your concerns. Let me first apologize for all the troubles you had with the front desk agent. I have begun to counsel the front desk staff on customer service and provided them all with the proper way to handle different circumstances.

Regardless this does not take away from the fact that your stay with us was not comfortable. As an appreciated Marriott Rewards member and in the hopes of regaining your faith in Fairfield’s customer service, please accept my sincere apology.

LaDonna
Front Office Manager
Kannapolis, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

This hotel was very nice. Roomy and very clean. When we checked in the older lady at the front desk was not very nice, but the next day the other lady there was very very nice. I would stay there again if I am very back in Ocala.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Miami
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

Whenever traveling my wife and I normally stay at one of the Marriott brands and I've been a member of the Marriott Rewards Club for many years. This will be only the second time I've written an average review on any facility. First off the hotel is a bit of a chore to get to as the sign as you exit the interstate say the facility is 2 tenths of a mile away, it's actually about 100 yards and a left at the light. Both my wife and I felt the rate for this stay was a bit high at over $110.00 even with a Sr. Citizen/AAA discount. I have to say that this is the first time staying in this area so I don't know if this is average or not. We were given a room on the second floor and the first thing we noticed was a musty odor throughout the hallways. Fortunately this wasn't the case in the room. However, we could hear the party staying in the room above us whenever they walked across the room. The room was appointed nicely, the bed was comfortable and we got a fair nights sleep. This Marriott just does not measure up to others I've stayed ay, hence the Average review.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
GMAU2014, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Ocala, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Dear Tim P,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey and sharing your experience with the Fairfield Inn & Suites Ocala.

You indicated in your response that you had a few concerns. The rate @ this time of year is average for the area. I am glad you were comfortable in the bead and room. I will be contacting the city about the milage distance. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your—or our own—expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

LaDonna

352.861.8401- Fax
Marriott.com/GNVFO
Englewood, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

After searching for a room for just one night, we secured our reservation sight unseen and hoping for the best. Our needs were simple; clean room, quiet night, comfortable bed. Our expectations were low because there were many events in the area and everything was full. But surprise, surprise! The place was spotless. The 5 staff members that we had contact with were very nice. It was a quiet night, an interesting movie on HBO, and a restful sleep. No complaints on breakfast. Everything was fresh and tasted good from the coffee to the eggs to the bagel and fruit. My wife and I will return again sometime. I absolutely give them high marks on cleanliness and appearance. This place is better than average based on my experiences.

Room Tip: Being on ground floor was convenient to the service desk, snack bar, and pool.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

I stayed in this hotel while visiting family in the area. My room was very clean, the staff were excellent, friendly and helpful. I was traveling alone so I wanted to feel safe, and I did. Breakfast was good, and the dining room was clean and bright. I also had a very comfortable bed, and slept well, especially since I didn't hear any noise in the corridor as in other hotels. I have since recommended this hotel to others in my family, and highly recommend it to anyone reading this review.

Room Tip: Rooms on the ground floor are quiet and safe since they are closer to staff.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Ocala? Share your experiences!