“Nice Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 36 Hotels in Ocala
Kannapolis, North Carolina
“Nice Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

This hotel was very nice. Roomy and very clean. When we checked in the older lady at the front desk was not very nice, but the next day the other lady there was very very nice. I would stay there again if I am very back in Ocala.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Miami
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

Whenever traveling my wife and I normally stay at one of the Marriott brands and I've been a member of the Marriott Rewards Club for many years. This will be only the second time I've written an average review on any facility. First off the hotel is a bit of a chore to get to as the sign as you exit the interstate say the facility is 2 tenths of a mile away, it's actually about 100 yards and a left at the light. Both my wife and I felt the rate for this stay was a bit high at over $110.00 even with a Sr. Citizen/AAA discount. I have to say that this is the first time staying in this area so I don't know if this is average or not. We were given a room on the second floor and the first thing we noticed was a musty odor throughout the hallways. Fortunately this wasn't the case in the room. However, we could hear the party staying in the room above us whenever they walked across the room. The room was appointed nicely, the bed was comfortable and we got a fair nights sleep. This Marriott just does not measure up to others I've stayed ay, hence the Average review.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
GMAU2014, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Ocala, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Dear Tim P,

Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey and sharing your experience with the Fairfield Inn & Suites Ocala.

You indicated in your response that you had a few concerns. The rate @ this time of year is average for the area. I am glad you were comfortable in the bead and room. I will be contacting the city about the milage distance. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your—or our own—expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

LaDonna

352.861.8401- Fax
Marriott.com/GNVFO
Englewood, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

After searching for a room for just one night, we secured our reservation sight unseen and hoping for the best. Our needs were simple; clean room, quiet night, comfortable bed. Our expectations were low because there were many events in the area and everything was full. But surprise, surprise! The place was spotless. The 5 staff members that we had contact with were very nice. It was a quiet night, an interesting movie on HBO, and a restful sleep. No complaints on breakfast. Everything was fresh and tasted good from the coffee to the eggs to the bagel and fruit. My wife and I will return again sometime. I absolutely give them high marks on cleanliness and appearance. This place is better than average based on my experiences.

Room Tip: Being on ground floor was convenient to the service desk, snack bar, and pool.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

I stayed in this hotel while visiting family in the area. My room was very clean, the staff were excellent, friendly and helpful. I was traveling alone so I wanted to feel safe, and I did. Breakfast was good, and the dining room was clean and bright. I also had a very comfortable bed, and slept well, especially since I didn't hear any noise in the corridor as in other hotels. I have since recommended this hotel to others in my family, and highly recommend it to anyone reading this review.

Room Tip: Rooms on the ground floor are quiet and safe since they are closer to staff.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

The staff, front desk and housekeeping were pleasant and cordial. The breakfast is my big gripe. The scrambled eggs appeared to have been made from something reconstituted. No bacon or sausage. The biscuits were dry and tasteless . The dark coffee was wonderful, but one can't live on coffee alone. The room was nice, clean. However, there was a frig placed under the hanging clothes area with coffee pot and ice bucket on top. To the side of the frig was a mounted ironing board. I'm a small person, my shirts and jackets were grazing the top of frig. Disappointed, no microwave. The AC\Heat worked well, which was really good, because it blocked the road noise. I will try some place else next time.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
GMAU2014, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Ocala, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott and sharing your experience with the staff. You indicated in your response that the breakfast was unsatisfactory. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest's satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet oyur-or our own- expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns about the breakfast so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

You're a valued customer;everything that we do is aimed at providing you with excellent hotel experience. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future. If I may be of assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me.
Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

I slept in this hotel on two occasions. Rooms are clean, Internet is relatively fast and dependable (no problems with running Skype of FaceTime). Breakfast could be better, but it is standard Fairfield breakfast, you should know what to expect. Staff is accommodating and helpful. There are not too many choices of hotels in Ocala, I think this one has best value.

Room Tip: Take room away from freeway.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

My husband & I had a few problems with our room in a nearby city and cancelled second night and got to Ocala around 8:30 PM without a reservation. Due to the prior night experience, I asked my husband if he wouldn't mind checking out a few hotels prior to committing to a hotel. Because it was so late, my main objective was a clean, updated, odorless room. We got to hotel row off I-75/Hwy 20.,Upon entering each hotel, I asked if there was availability, rate and if we could check out the room first. Every hotel accommodated us. We visited The Best Western, Holiday Inn, Hampton Inn ( Hotel was beautiful but kind of expensive ), Homewood Suites and Fairfield Inn. The Fairfield Inn is a hidden treasure. The rooms were all renovated two years ago. .The rooms were very nice. There was no odors,.very clean, updated, had refrigerator and free internet in room. They had a free breakfast in morning. I asked to talk to manager and told her how much we enjoyed our stay. The funny thing is ,this was the less expensive hotel we visited. Definely the best room for the money. .

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
GMAU2014, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Ocala, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review. We pride ourselves on the current and continuous training that our staff members receive to be able to accoommodate great guest as yourself. I am pleased that you gave us the opportunity to satisfy your overnight stay.

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Ocala? Share your experiences!