“Good but probably needs some updating” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express - Ocala Midtown Medical - US 441

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express - Ocala Midtown Medical - US 441 to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express - Ocala Midtown Medical - US 441
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   1212 South Pine Avenue, Ocala, FL 34474   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 25%
Ranked #16 of 36 hotels in Ocala
Poulton Le Fylde, United Kingdom
“Good but probably needs some updating”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Stayed for 10 nights which was probably unusual for the hotel. Room was spacious and clean, mattresses were good. Communual areas probably needed some cleaning/update. Breakfast was OK although our 13 year old son didn't like anything but we were OK. However the breakfast area was really cold, did ask for the air conditioning to be turned down, this was done but then the next day it was freezing again. Staff very friendly.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Ocala Midtown Medical - US 441, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear JLC1957,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of product and services we offer to our guests.

Connie D

68 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Boca Raton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Upon arrival I was greeted by a smile and a very friendly front desk attendant. This hotel is great all staff was extremely friendly and enthusiastic. Many times I was told " we want to make your stay comfortable and leave with a positive experience" rooms are newer and very clean. The breakfast was great, and even when I was a little late after breakfast closed the attendant was happy to allow me a little extra time. Great experience would recommend, and will stay again if in the area!!

Keep up the good work!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
GMOcala H, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Ocala Midtown Medical - US 441, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
We thank you for being our valued customer; it is because of guests like you that we aim to challenge ourselves in constantly improving the services we offer. It is our aim to not only attend to the needs of our guests but also find ways to make our valued guests feel that they are not just customers, they are in fact part of a family that gives this institution its strong foundation. Thank you for being such a great inspiration to drive us to succeed as we certainly consider you a part of our Holiday Inn Express family. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.
Roanoke, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

I called to let them know I would arrive late & upon arrival was not even greeted with so much as a welcome. I am a platinum member, but was never acknowledge as such. Beds were comfy & some updating was done in the bathroom, but needs a new tub. Breakfast was pretty good.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Ocala Midtown Medical - US 441, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear Kym N,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. We do value our Priority Club members and I apologize if this was not the case when you stayed with us. I do hope you will give us a chance to make it right and look forward to seeing you in the future.

Thank you again for your feedback and continued loyalty as a Platinum Priority Club Rewards member.

Connie D
Rochester, IN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We stayed here due to lack of decent hotel choices in Ocala for quality vs price. It was a great price, room was comfortable and clean, but elavators r gross, stairwell is gross. A weird setup with a basement for people with pets, Yuk, I don;t appreciate that, I should've checked that out further. The pool area was small, plenty of chairs, but pool was not clean and full of leaves. Staff at front desk was snooty and brisk in general, not come across many like this in my experience. Breakfast was average but it took a long time for food to be replaced. The hotel was full all 4 nights of our stay, so I was expecting it to be noisy, but was pleasantly surprised I slept well .The walls were a bit thin that I could hear the man on the other side snoring and had to sleep with my tv on. This is an odd HI express setup, but will likely return yearly for the racing if the price remains at a good value, any more increase and I would def. look elsewhere.

Room Tip: AVOID basement, dark dreary, service, maintence area, it is gross down there. Upper floor corner wou...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Ocala Midtown Medical - US 441, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Sunnytanner07,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us. I am pleased to know that you find our rooms clean and comfortable. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are happy you experienced it as such. On the other hand, please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay and for the inconvenience the cleanliness of the elevator may have caused. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class service and for that reason, your comments will surely be looked into. We appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention and rest assured, your input will be shared with our management team and rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

I hope this would not deter you from choosing us again in the future.

Krysllin G.
Boca Raton
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I had a graduation to attend and chose this hotel because I had two yorkie puppies and the hotel accepted pets. When my husband and I arrived we were greeted by very nice evening staff however as soon as we got into the elevator we saw filthy carpets and a filthy floor underneath the carpet. The room looked neat but smelled like they were masking pet odors because the deodorant was so strong it made me sick. The carpets didn't look all that clean either and the bathroom had hair in the sink and shower. However, the worst was yet to come. About 7am in the morning I took my puppies for a walk but decided to go out the back door where there looked like a yard. It was very cold. I stepped out the back door and when the puppies were done tinkling I tried to go into the front of the hotel as the door was locked to re enter the building even though I had my "card" key. The door did NOT have a card key mechanism which meant you had to go back through the front which was okay for me HOWEVER all gates were padlocked which is a safety FIRE VIOLATION. This then meant I had to scream for over 40 minutes for someone to come and unlock the door. I was cold and was cursed at by other patrons. Finally after 40 minutes the desk clerk came out and was nasty and said didn't I read the sign. I said yes, but if all the gates were not "PADLOCKED" I could have gone to the front.I asked her what would happen if a child came out here they would be "trapped". She didn't even apolgize or ask how I was after being out in the morning cold for 40 or so minutes. How rude!!! Lack of customer service. Then I went back to the room and dropped off the puppies and came down to ask for the manger. The mgr was not there so I asked for their name and # to report the safety violation AND to report the rudeness of the desk clerk. She looked at me and pointed to the wall. I said could you at least give me a card. She did so but when I got to the elevator it was a generic card with no name on it of the mgr. I went back and she again was very rude and I ended up writing the name down. Apparently I was even further embarrassed because the cleaning staff was talking about me as I could hear outside the door. They said if "she" wanted to stay in a five star hotel she shouldn't come here. Well that tells you alot. I reported this again to the morning clerk who was very understanding and said she would have the mgr call me. After several days no one called so I called and got the morning clerk who said she was appalled at the lack of cust serv that the person didn't even apolgize for their violation. She said she would credit me the full amoutn of my stay. When no one followed up I called the Holday Inn corporate who was very apologetic and said they would call the hotel. Well finally the desk clerk called and read me the riot act why I called corporate to report them having a "life threatening safety violation". If in a fire one would be trapped. She said now that I reporte it she wouldn't credit my stay! Horrible customer service. Not only was I embassed by the whole incident and had to be cursed at by other patrons, the cleaning staff talking behind my back and the filthy conditions of the room and elevator I can only say...STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL!!!! I reported the violation to the city of Ocala who found all the gates padlocked which is a severe fire safety hazard.....they didn't even care if a child was locked out!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express - Ocala Midtown Medical - US 441, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Karen R,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay, and we greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Krysllin G.
sanibel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We wound up here by mistake, but it was a blessing, the staff is very friendly and courteous, the room was very clean, and the breakfast was better than most hotel freebies. We will stay here on purpose on our way north.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for taking the time to write down your review. We couldn’t be happier to hear that we’ve made your experience a pleasant one. Your comment about our friendly staff, the served breakfast and our hotel room cleanliness in particular brings us much delight and has motivated us to outdo the service we’ve given you should you visit us again soon. It would be of great pleasure to be of service to you again.
Ocala, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

We had to get a hotel room for one night because our house was being tented for termites or I might not ever had the need to stay in this hotel (it's less than two miles from my home). The property is located on a very busy main road (441) so I was leery. The hotel itself is so far back from the road, you could not hear any traffic with the main doors closed. The lobby and grounds were nicely kept and the front desk staff were pleasant and accommodating. There was a slight issue upon check-in but it was remedied right away. We stayed in a room that allows pets, so we were banished to the basement level. LOL. There was an elevator, so it was easy enough to get all of our stuff to the room. The room was very clean and smelled good. I was expecting SOME sort of animal smell but there was none. AC worked great and there was a plastic sheet to block out the sun. Cold, dark hotel room sleep is the best! Beds were super comfy and different pillows to choose from. Only problem was the internet connection and I think it could be because we were on the "basement" level. The hot breakfast was dee-lish and had plenty to choose from. Coffee was really good. Try the cinnamon rolls........yum. The dining room porter was a nice touch. Check was easy breezy. The entire staff was super nice and friendly. Since I live so close, I may not ever stay here again. BUT, I would HIGHLY recommend and all my family/friends visiting from out of town stay at this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
It is with great appreciation that we extend our gratitude for taking the time in giving us your feedback. The comments regarding the room facilities, pet friendly environment as well as the served breakfast and the accommodating staff, surely made our day. It is our pleasure and honor to have given you such quality service. It is our aim to challenge ourselves more in pursuing and maintaining excellent service for our valued guests. We thank you for your recommendation and we hope to see you again.

Been to Holiday Inn Express - Ocala Midtown Medical - US 441? Share your experiences!