“worst on the trip” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Ocala

You added Super 8 Ocala to your Saves list
Super 8 Ocala
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3924 West Silver Springs Boulevard, I-75 Exit 352, Ocala, FL 34482   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #24 of 36 Hotels in Ocala

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Detroit, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This place is kind of a dump. The wallpaper was peeling off the walls and the bathroom fixtures were all corroded and the bathroom was patched up with silicone. The breakfast was very limited and the only thing I liked was that the ice machine worked after I found it. Most Super 8's are okay but this one needs a lot of help;

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Boca Raton, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Poor quality and overpriced, with so many chain-smoking neighbors in nearby rooms the air outside my non-smoking room was always redolent of cigaret smoke, this property had the look of a hotel way past its prime that hadn't had significant funds invested in upkeep in a long time. Soft, saggy mattresses made for a poor sleep and very bad (and also weak) in-room coffee didn't help me wake up any the next morning. On the plus side, they gave me a room that was on the west side of the property so I wasn't awakened too early the next day, room was clean and the staff were all friendly and helpful. They were so nice I felt sorry for them having to work at such a place.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Atlanta, GA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We traveled to Ocala at the last minute and I left the hotel reservations up to my husband. He's not real picky when it comes to hotels and just chose the cheapest rate he could find. There's a reason things are cheap! I should never leave the hotel up to him.

It's located convenient enough right off I-75. The carpet was new in our room. The bed was actually comfortable. The room was clean and it had a small refrigerator. There is a blow dryer that works and a coffee maker in the bathroom. There is free wifi that works. The people at the check in were very nice and friendly. That's about all I can say for the positives.

It's a very old hotel and thus much of its age shows. The walls are thin so you can hear the dogs barking in other rooms, conversations, etc. If you choose not to hear them, you just use the AC window unit. The sound of a helicopter in your room will drown out those noises. The tv works, but the picture is so grainy it reminds me of tv from the 1960s.

Our room had a king bed. There were only 2 pillows on the bed and they were huge thick pillows. For petite persons (like me) this can be problematic. Thankfully I had the foresight to travel with my own pillow. There are few electrical outlets and they are placed inaccessibly. If you want to use one, you'll have to give up a light plug and you better have a very long chord.

There was a small refrigerator, but it looked like it had survived the war. It worked, but was very loud. However, the ac window unit noise drowned out the fridge noise.

The bathroom was clean, but very old and cramped. There is no vent fan in the bathroom. The toilet was tricky to get to flush properly. We noticed our neighbor making a trip to the office for a plunger as well. We learned that you had to hold the handle down the entire flush and hope it did its job. The management could probably avoid a lot of plunger calls if they would just let you know this when you check in (or they could fix the plumbing). The water faucet in the tub and sink make a huge mess if you turn it on for more than a dribble.

There was a strong odor in our room, like a deodorizer, but not very pleasant.

If you're not a picky person, a hard sleeper, oblivious to smells and sounds, then this hotel will suit you fine. As I said before, the personnel are very nice, but the hotel itself leaves a lot to be desired. We will not be staying here again. I suffered through 2 nights, that was punishment enough. On the upside, the money we saved by not staying one exit down at the nicer hotels paid for the fuel on our road trip. Then again, it was not that huge of a savings to justify staying here. This is more along the caliber of a Motel 6.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stopped here on the way home from Florida. They charged us $5 for each of our pets. I guess it was ok for the money but probably wouldn't go there if we didn't have our pets. Bathroom looks like it hasn't been updated since the sixties. I guess you get what you pay for. $58 plus $10 for pets plus tax.

Stayed January 2015
Albemarle
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The room did seem cleAn. There were two dogs in the room next to us and barked when they were left alone. It seemed like it was a stop for trucker and co instruction workers.

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Been to Super 8 Ocala? Share your experiences!