“A decent hotel ” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Ocala Conference Center

You added Motel 6 Ocala Conference Center to your Saves list
Motel 6 Ocala Conference Center
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3810 NW Blitchton Road, I-75 Exit 354, Ocala, FL 34482 (Formerly Steinbrenner's Ramada Inn)   |
Ranked #30 of 36 Hotels in Ocala
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
“A decent hotel ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

In its day and still not so bad.
Large rooms and furnishings from previous hotel name who occupied it. Coffee was good and front desk was nice.
Room was pretty clean and bathroom was a little better than usual M6. Very convenient to interstate.

Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
4811Service, General Manager at Motel 6 Ocala Conference Center, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank You for taking the time to tell us about your stay with us at Motel 6 Ocala.

We are happy we were your choice and we hope you continue to come and stay with us when you visit Ocala. We have just undergone complete new management changes and are excited to get busy and bring this beautiful property back to a place to enjoy and return again and again for it's surrounding beauty and comfort.

We are happy you enjoyed the coffee and the staff!!

Have a Happy Thanksgiving and we look forward to serving you again soon, and please do remember:
"We Thank You... We Appreciate You, and..
We'll Leave the Light on for You!!"

Blessings and Warm Regards...

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Lafayette, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2014

This hotel is not only dirty, there are shady people roaming around at all hours of the night. A very scary couple drinking outside our room @ 6am. The room smells awful & is not clean! Absolutely disgusting! I'd give it zero rating if I could, corporate should be ashamed!

Stayed October 2014
4811Service, General Manager at Motel 6 Ocala Conference Center, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us here at Motel 6 Ocala.

We are sorry your stay with us was not what you thought it should have been.

We have undergone a complete management change and are certain you should see nothing but improvements from this week forward.

We hope you will give us a chance to better serve you in the future.

BLessings....
Willis, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

So I called from the rest area to reserve a room. At first I was quoted a very cheap price but ended up paying over $60. The room was large and appeared clean but that was where the positive ended. It had an odd smell and there were no decorations in the room. Other things not in the room included a microwave, refrigerator, more than one garbage can, no soap, tissues, or extra towels. In fact I had to ask for a pillow from the front desk as there was only one on a king size bed. For that price I would expect those things and even a breakfast in the morning. I will not go back to this motel 6 nor would I recommend to anyone else.

Room Tip: Our room was poolside. It was quiet. You could not hear traffic nor people in the pool.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your visit here at Motel 6 Ocala.

We are sorry your visit was not what you had anticipated.

We are a completey new management staff and I am certain you will see many changes ahead and a continuous effort to continue improving and restore this property to the beauty it once was.

At Motel 6 however, we offer a clean comfortable room at the lowest national price, therefore, we offer no amenities.
We do however have hairdryers, irons and ironing boards at our front desk, shampoo, razors and other amenities in our vending area in the lobby and we do offer microwave and fridges for a rate of $5 per night for both, based uon availability.

We hope you give us another chance to be your choice of stay while in the Ocala area.

BLessings and Warm Regards....
Cape Coral, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

I was towing my 28 foot camper and it was getting late on my return to South Florida in 2012. I pulled off I-75 on the north edge of Ocala to see if there was a place to stay. There was a Motel 6 facility about 1/2 mile west of the interchange.
When I went into the lobby I was amazed at its size and accoutrements around a fireplace to my right. I rented a handicapped room and was extremely pleased with the parking ability close to the room. The room was very nice, as was the woman at the front desk. I am going to stay there at the end of this month on my way north even though I could travel at least another 150 miles before stopping for the night.

Room Tip: I was a late walk-in and was able to get a nice room.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Thank You for taking the time to tell us of your visit here to Motel 6 Ocala. We thank you for your kind words and words of encouragement.

We are undertaking a lot of changes in the next several months that we are certain you will be excited abuot.

Please stop and say hello, take a leisurely rest with us and let us know how you enjoy the many changes and the ones that lie ahead.

Thanks and Many Blessings...
Greer, South Carolina, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

We stayed there after finding them in the coupon book at the Florida Welcome Center. Fr om what we understood from the desk clerk, it Used to be a Ramada. From the looks of things, Ramada ran it to the ground. It is not great but Motel 6 seems to be trying to turn it around. The pool area is nice but the roof on the veranda is needing some attention. The room was nice and clean. The only drawback was the pillows... They seemed to be stuffed pillow cases.
The facilities for our dog (a King Charles) were very good and she was allowed in the pool area, where she met another dog to play along with people.
The people were courteous and the desk clerk recommended a great restaurant. I believe Motel 6 is putting in a good effort to update this property and should have it up to date in another year.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank You for choosing Motel 6 Ocala for your place to stay while visiting us here in Ocala.

We thank you for your kind words and words of encouragement. We have just undergone a complete change of management and know we are working diligently to make this property a place of beauty and a place you will choose to return to time and time again.

We Thank You... We Appreciate You, and we look forward to serving you again soon.

BLessings and Warm Regards...
liberty
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

We had traveled all day, heavy traffic and through rain the last hour and half of the trip. We thought Motel 6 would be a good economical choice, WRONG!! They did have a non-smoking room but omitted to tell us they had NO hot water. Also the price we paid was more than most places with at least some basic amenities, they had NOTHIING, (which we also found out after we were in the room).

We were tired needed showers and were told we had to wait an hour for the hot water to come on, that would have made it after midnight and we still had a long trip the next day. UGH!!!
Tired, we went on to bed, beds were fair to OK, but one of the covers had a stain on it, Yuck!
We figured there would be plenty of hot water in the morning but NO, we took luke warm showers.

When we complained they said the only thing they could do was give us a card for 50% off another stay at this same hotel. 1. We would not have been back in this area again, 2. We really never wanted to stay at this place again! They said sorry but that is all they would offer, no discount for any inconvienence we experienced.

Tom Bodet; Dont bother leaving the light on!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank You for sharing your visit with us here at Motel 6 Ocala. We are so very sorry your visit with us what not what you had expected.

We would like you to know we have recently undergone a complete change of management and we are working very hard to get things in shape and bring this beautiful property up to standards again.

We Thank You... and We Appreciate You.

Please let us know upon your next visit of this experience and I will make certain your stay is all that you hope for.

BLessings...
Tampa, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

We were tired, the traffic was really bad so we gave this Motel 6 a shot. The lobby looked nice but the room was disgusting. There was still whiskers on the sink from the last occupants, the toilet seat had been painted and peeling. An old bar of used soap still in the shower and the bathtub faucet was running and unable to turn off. But the real kicker for me was when I woke in the morning I found a used tissue in my bed which I know I did not put there. I'm sorry, but this is the worst place I have ever stayed. I couldn't wait to get home to shower.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank You for sharing your visit with us here at Motel 6 Ocala. We are sorry your experience was not what you had hoped for and we hope you will give us another chance next time you are in our area.

We have undergone a complete management change and are working diligently at making all necessary changes needed and continuing to keep moving forward doing whatever necessary to keep improving our property.

We hope to see you again soon and hope your next visit will be all that you hope for.

Thank You.

Blessings and Warm Regards...

Been to Motel 6 Ocala Conference Center? Share your experiences!