“Nice place to stay for the price and just the basics” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Ocala Conference Center

Save Saved
You added Motel 6 Ocala Conference Center to your Saves list
Motel 6 Ocala Conference Center
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3810 NW Bonnie Heath Blvd, I-75 Exit 354, Ocala, FL 34482 (Formerly Steinbrenner's Ramada Inn)   |
Ranked #29 of 36 hotels in Ocala
Queens, New York
“Nice place to stay for the price and just the basics”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

We stayed in this Motel 6 over the weekend to save some money, rather than staying in a pricier hotel in Gainesville during Gator Growl weekend. On the up side, it is very conveniently located to I-75, restaurants, banks, and other businesses. They also have a pool, the bed was comfy, and the room was relatively clean. The downsides were their credit card machine was not working, so we had to go to a bank to pay with cash. There was also no remote for the TV and there was no phone in the room. Lastly, the toilet could have been a bit cleaner and the shower water was hot, but one of the settings did not work properly. Overall, it was worth it for the budget price we paid. I would stay again if it was overnight or for a weekend.

Room Tip: Inquire about getting a phone and remote for the TV in the room if possible.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

20 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
ocala florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

I went and stayed there for 2 days and they still did not have everything in order as being the new Motel 6 this poor woman was running around from one part of the motel to the other part I think she was a supervisor she was a little woman with blonde hair she was so very friendly and did not mind to stop and chat for a few mins when I asked her about places to go visit and to eat. She even told me if I needed anything to let her know and she would see that I enjoyed my stay. If not for that little blonde haired woman I really don't think I would go back there or even tell my friends about that Motel I do hope when I do go back that she will still be there what a friendly and polite woman she is.

Room Tip: Best rooms ate the parking lot side its very quiet
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Clermont, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

This is a former Ramada that was recently sold to become a Motel 6. Little if anything has changed since it became a Motel 6. The staff is friendly but the rooms are dated and the hotel is dirty at best. The Tvs are from the late 90s or early 2000s and the rooms smell of mold or mildew. In addition it appears that there are weekly rates being offered to people who shall we say are not family friendly. The only plus to staying here is the restaurant and bar area that are attached to the hotel. This is unusual to see in a Motel 6. You would think with the remodeling that they are doing that they could at least pick up after themselves in the parking lot and hallways but they do not even do that. If you are passing thru and do not mind the above mentioned then it is ok. After my last experience I will keep on driving before I stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
fort myers
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I was greeted by very friendly Front Desk staff who explained the changeover from Ramada to Motel 6, and explained renovations are in progress. Overall the Motel common areas and the room were clean, but as other have stated it is dated. I am a frequent visitor to this area and have stayed at most of the chain hotels. This one was half of what other brands were charging and acceptable for a short stay. The pool is large and clean; the Apple Restaurant (full bar) is on premises with a decent menu providing room delivery. Remember this is a No-Frills hotel.

Room Tip: Most chain restaurants are located about four miles South at exit 350 on I-75.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Mt. Dora, FL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

It ended with the desk clerk sound asleep at 7 a.m. when I went through the lobby to get to my vehicle which I parked OUT FRONT because last night when I went to park where I was told I interruped a very vocal "business transaction" taking place near my room and when I went to park on the other side of the complex, I found myself next to a chemical tanker sort of camo-ed out of sight. Other little things include the two ladies sashaying out near the road, the tub which I think is STILL DRAINING, the shower head that was clogged with mold, the matress that only a convict could love and an assortment of other discomforts that makes me, a well-seasoned travel who can forgive almost anything, recommend not only staying away but shaking the thought of staying here out of your head!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Spartanburg, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

George Steinbrenner put all his money in A-Rod and not this place; it shows. At one time in the distant past it must have been quite a place. The restaurant, Apple's Bar & Grill, reflects George's presence; it's loaded with Yankees memorabilia. It's a really good Italian restaurant with great pizza and stromboli. The grounds are spacious, the pool is nice and there is a good size conference center. I enjoyed strolling around the grounds after dinner. The room was nondescript as the photos show but the bed was quite comfortable. The wi-fi was outstanding. Now let me say, Motel 6 is renovating the entire place. I was able to look inside some of the rooms that were renovated and they really looked good. I hope they don't get rid of the beds.

Room Tip: Ask for a courtyard room, it's quieter but you have to carry your stuff farther.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Holiday, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

The best part was that the bed was very comfortable. Lacking a clock and microwave. Place was a little run down, but they were making renovations. Location is OK. Certainly not the worst place we've stayed, but I doubt that we'll go back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Motel 6 Ocala Conference Center? Share your experiences!