“A Quick overnight adventure” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Offer
$20 Daily Credit
Ranked #15 of 36 Hotels in Ocala
“A Quick overnight adventure”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Arrival and check-in were smooth. Room was nice, and the beds were comfortable and luxurious. We had requested a wheelchair-accessible shower with our room. and was pleased with it. However, the air-conditioning was not working and a quick call to the front desk had a maintenance man at our door within moments. He did some things, reset it, and told us to give it a while to cool down, then left.

We spent almost four hours in the room, sweltering, before I called again, and the front-desk lady, Jennifer, offered to move us to another room. I asked if it had a wheel-chair accessible shower, and was told yes so we agreed to the move. Reaching that room, we found it very cool, but that it only had a regular tub/shower combo and so I called the front desk again. Jennifer was very apologetic, and promised to call me right back. She did, and let us know that the maintenance crew was repairing the AC unit and that we could return to our original room once repairs were finished.

The maintenance man came and got us, explained to us what had happened, and apologized for the inconvenience. He told us to stay and rest in the current room as long as we needed, before coming back to the original room. Upon returning to the original room AC was working fine, and room cooled off very rapidly.

I mention all of this only to point out how exceptional the staff was in handling the issues, and how they at no time expressed exasperation or sense of inconvenience. Jennifer was very on top of things, and the maintenance man was quick and thorough. We were also pleased with the in-lobby Bistro, and the lady there, who was helpful to me when it came time to choose a meal. I am on a strict diet due to liver disease and the lady there (I don't remember her name) was very helpful by answering questions and working with me to settle on a meal suitable for my needs.

All in all, pleased with our stay, and will return again

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Living up to Marriott expectations, my rooms was very clean, roomy, and exactly what is was pictured to be. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Parking was excellent, as was the pool area. This is my second time staying here; I will be back!

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a balcony room. Not all rooms have a balcony.
Green Features: This hotel is as environmentally friendly as you make them. They leave the choice for daily towel and linen change to you.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
James M, General Manager at Courtyard Ocala, responded to this review, July 27, 2014
Dear UF Rhonda

Thank you for your kind words about my staff and our Hotel. Our repeat guests quite often quickly become like family and we look forward to your return. Please let us know if we can be of service in any way.

Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

I travel to Ocala twice a year to visit my in-laws: June and December. Over the last 12 years, I've stayed at a variety of places and the Courtyard has become the proclaimed winner! With their beautiful lobby re-model, easy access to I-75 and SR-200, and walking distance to several restaraunts - this location has become my "Ocala Home". The rooms are standard Marriott quality, with June being a little humid and the rooms reflect it by no fault of the property manager. I booked a king suite which has a patio that lead right out to the pool, shaded in parts to help keep my daughter's Michigan skin from frying to a crisp. Nice breakfast café (not included) at a VERY reasonable price...under $15 for three people. Hotel staff was very friendly and kind. Main hotel lobby very comfortable for visiting with the family. I won't stay anywhere else now, for the price it just can't be beat.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a walk-out patio to the pool
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
James M, General Manager at Courtyard Ocala, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Dear Kcenders,

Thank you for your kind words about our Hotel. We always look forward to our regulars returning to their “Ocala” home while they are traveling. I appreciate your mentioning our beautifully remodeled lobby and I am pleased to inform you that we are in the process of scheduling the rest of the Hotel which will also be getting an entire facelift in the not too distant future. We look forward to your return visit next year, until then thank you again.

Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

Our stay at this hotel was about what I expected; the entire Courtyard chain needs a facelift. The lobby has been updated recently with nice tables/chairs, a food bar and many other amenities such as flat panel TVs, etc. However, once you leave the lobby you suddenly realize that you're back in a dated Courtyard hotel, for some reason the leadership team can't see past the lobby. The rooms were OK, however the bathroom needed some work, especially in the shower area and of course the below window AC had its typical noise. In summary, it was a short one night stay and it served its purpose not to mention the location is great which is right next to Interstate 75 with just a short 40 minute drive to Gainesville.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
James M, General Manager at Courtyard Ocala, responded to this review, May 31, 2014
Dear G G

Thank you for noticing our beautiful newly upgraded lobby and all the amenities that we offer here at our Courtyard in Ocala. I am pleased to announce that we are already slated to start doing some amazing things to our rooms also.

Like you said, we get a lot of comments from many of our guests about our convenient location to I-75 and especially Gainesville when the Gators are in town.

I must commiserate with you regarding our AC units; this is a concern of every Hotelier that runs a property that is older than 10 -12 years old. Regretfully construction standards were not what they are now when we were built. We are currently looking into the new “Green” AC units to see if they are quieter.

We hope you will still consider us next time you are in town, JWM-GM
Naples, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

First the good--service of staff and attitude were great. Rooms need work. My broom had black mold growing around the window. Old fashioned individual air con was noisy. Sheets were low quality. Rooms are not soundproof, woke to a crying baby in room next door at 3 am.

• Stayed May 2014
James M, General Manager at Courtyard Ocala, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Dear Chicag0AB

Thank you for the positive comments about my staff. I have to admit I have a great staff; they are always looking for ways to make our guests enjoy their stay and it’s easy to have a great attitude when you enjoy where you work. I commiserate with your comments about the crying baby as a parent we have all had to deal with that issue. We are an older hotel and construction standards regarding soundproofing were not the same then as they are now.

I value your comments about the AC unit and the window problem and would appreciate knowing which room you were in so I can address the issues directly. If you would be so kind as to contact me directly and let me know what room you were in: I would be appreciative.

Respectfully yours, JWM-GM-GNVOC
State College, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

I was taking my grandson from Hilton Head to Fort Myers to see a Spring Training baseball game and this Courtyard didn't disappoint. Just as nice as other Courtyards, this one has clean rooms, friendly staff (including the housekeepers who gave us a tooth brush and paste since my grandson forgot his). The lobby is a great place to relax and the Desk Clerk even gave me a great route to run in the morning that was safe from traffic, etc.

Room Tip: We always choose rooms on upper floors. Seem quieter and you just feel safer in strange cities.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
James M, General Manager at Courtyard Ocala, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Dear Carl R

Thank you for such a nice review of our hotel and my staff. I must agree they go out of their way to make sure that our guests enjoy their stay. Sounds like you and your grandson had a great trip. Hopefully we can offer you accommodations the next time you are in town.

New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

We came back to the Courtyard because my husband prefers the healthier options on the breakfast menu over the included breakfast at the nearby Residence Inn. The Courtyard is an older property, but the staff is friendly enough and they have managed to not let the property get dated and run down.

My pet peeve now is that the sink is not in the bathroom itself, but really in the room, so an early riser will disturb anyone who wants to sleep in. So if everyone is not on the same schedule there could be some disgruntled sleepers!!!!

Typical fare in the Marketplace if needed and the front desk does provide laundry supplies if you need them.

Room Tip: Some rooms have balconies - nice touch, if you enjoy the fresh air!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear Island-gal-in-NJ

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I concur with your comment about the sink outside of the bathroom. However, as you noted this hotel was built a few years ago and that was all the rage then.
Thank you also for noticing that my staff has done such a great job keeping things clean and updated. Like yourself, our guests appreciate the complimentary laundry supplies. We also recommend reserving a room with a balcony, especially the ones overlooking the heated pool. They are a favorite of our guests but they are limited so we recommend making reservations for these rooms early.
Thank you once again for you kind words. JWM-GM

Been to Courtyard Ocala? Share your experiences!