“Good for a quick stay!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #15 of 36 Hotels in Ocala
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good for a quick stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed in the Courtyard Ocala for one night on our way to Sarasota, FL. The room was spacious and clean. The shower had warm water and good pressure. The property is situated next to many other hotels. We picked the Courtyard, as it was the only one that we saw that had balconies and we wanted to sit outside and stretch our legs for a bit before bed. There is a Waffle House across the street for a quick breakfast.

I would recommend the Courtyard Ocala to people passing through Ocala for a few nights.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Pascack Valley, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

This hotel is right off I-75 making a good location for a 1 night stay. It's close to restaurants, shops, and gas. Check-in/out was smooth. Our 1st flr room was adequate and close to an exit making for an easy in/out. Room was also close to the door to the pool where my daughter was able to swim after our day's drive. The only glitch was the hot tub was lukewarm.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Sanford, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

Came into town for 5 days due to death in family. Just needed a quiet, drama free stay. Check in went great until we arrived in room. One reason I like Courtyard is I can request a foam pillow only room. I did. Lots of allergies to feathers in the family. The room had feather pillows. A very very nice lady came and changed the entire bed. Our room had a window type air unit. Relatives were staying in the hotel also and their air would turn on and off and had a control unit on the wall. Ours stayed on the entire time and was controlled at unit. The room smelled like a musty locker. I did not say anything because of the relatives nearby and due to the circumstances we had so much in the room. I really did not want to move. By the third day, I was getting sick and having allergy attacks but only when we were in the room. Asked and front desk immediately changed our room. No upgrade, just a different room. I took some allergy meds and was going to take a nap when the party started next door. I, at first, thought maybe they were not being so loud. It is an adjoining room and maybe it was just coming around side of door. Spoke to front desk, told them my concern was more about room then people but they called room and asked them to quiet. Things stayed quiet for a while but real party was later that night. Did not call desk, just tried to sleep through it. Tried to eat at Bistro but stood there for about ten minutes with no one there. The front desk saw us but offered no explanation. I did ask the front desk but she said they were in the back. We went out instead. Like I said, we just needed things to be ok, drama free. They were not. Will be back this way a few more times to finalize things, will choose differently. One last note..... Our room had an adjoining room with a couch in front of it, first room had fridge on dresser in front of pictures..... Kind of like people just have up trying anymore.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Another visit to this Courtyard - actually 2 visits in March.....Updated bistro setting with the standard menu.....the lemon cake with strawberries and whipped cream is very enjoyable! Breakfasts are made to order so everything comes out nice and fresh....Staff very friendly and attentive. Very clean throughout. Balconies are a nice touch so you can sit outside for some fresh air.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Patti M, Sales Manager at Courtyard Ocala, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Courtyard during your last two visits to Ocala. We do have an updated lobby with The Bistro wich does offer breakfast, dinner, drinks and yes - lemon cake with strawberries with whipped cream! Our updated lobby also allows for areas to socialize and perhaps work without being in the confinement of your room. Our pool area also has great seating to socialize or relax. We do appreciate you taking the time to write this review and look forward to having you as our guest again soon.
Bellevue
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I didn't know exactly what to expect upon checking into a hotel for the first (maybe the last) time in Ocala. It was halfway between Naples and Jacksonville, and thus a convenient, and not-so-small town to stay in for one night. The Courtyard by Marriott is typical of the same around the country, except that they haven't renovated the rooms in Ocala (or it doesn't appear to be the case) or hallways. The lobby is renovated. So, I found the hotel room to be just average, clean and just fine for one night -- but not nearly as good as those Courtyards that have upgraded their rooms. I must say, although I arrived very late, my room had been preregistered, and my registration time at the front desk was about 1 minute. Kudos for service!

Price of $134 (AAA rate) was okay, but not great all things considered. I checked out early in the morning and was content to move on to the next location.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us on your recent stay in Ocala, Florida. We are a convenient stop between Jacksonville and Naples and we are just off the interstate with a lot of dining options around. Our lobby is updated and we have The Bistro where you can Eat.Drink.Connect and we also offer a 24/7 Market for any other needs that you may have. Thank you for letting us know about the great service that you recieved at the front desk. It is always nice to be able to pass good news and compliments along to our staff.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

My spouse and I stopped after 11 last night. I found the clerk very friendly and helpful. I was a bit disappointed that there was no complimentary breakfast. The room was clean and the bed extremely comfortable, although it was oriented awkwardly. The bed faced the window instead of the TV. The bathroom was nice and roomy.

• Stayed April 2013
Patti M, Sales Manager at Courtyard Ocala, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are happy to hear to hear that the clerk was friendly and helpful and we will be sure to let them know that this was recognized by a guest.

We do not have a complimentary breakfast, but we do have many fresh and hearty food options available at our Bistro. There are a variety of grab-and-go snacks or you can sit and enjoy a freshly prepared meal. We also offer Starbucks coffee in our Bistro.

The beds in our King Guest Rooms do face the window, but the TVs are on a swivel to help see it a bit easier.

Thank you again for your stay and for your review. We hope that you will stay with us again the next time you pass through Ocala.
Wilmington, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Two colleagues and I (both from out of state) stayed here while in town on business. We checked in on Sunday evening and the front desk clerk was very courteous. The full service restaurant and bar were nice (the Starbucks coffee bar was appreciated); there is a large lounge and business center (but I did not utilize them). The room was very comfortable & quiet and the landscaping added to the relaxing feel of the hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard Ocala? Share your experiences!