“Good Hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 36 hotels in Ocala
Boca Raton
“Good Hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I liked the lobby, plenty of lounge space, a place to eat and order drinks, relax and watch TV or read. Hotel has been renovated and appears to be maintained pretty well throughout. Room appearance was clean, missed someone's socks behind a chair though, indicating the cleaning was rushed. Insufficient towels left in the room. Beds were a little too soft for me and they were doubles, too small. Hotel was quite busy when we were there and the staff was very nice but seemed to be a little overwhelmed by it, and I know of two other guests whose rooms were not ready. TV was a good flat screen with good channel selection. Bath and shower were separate from the outside sink, which had insufficient counter space. AC was the standard wall unit in mid-priced hotels that cycled throughout the night. There is a multitude of restaurants and shops within a short drive.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

83 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Located in an enclave of chain hotels. Needs a little help on the signage to ease locating. The hotel had recent renovation work. It shows. Nice comfortable rooms with great bedding. No big surprises here. Easy check in. Decent little restaurant for quick breakfast. Reasonable value at one of the better exits for food in the Ocala area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Riverview, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Being a Florida Gators season ticket holder, this hotel is perfect for me. Most if not all hotels in Gainesville seem to always be completely booked or have a two night minimum during football weekends. Like most other Courtyards, this hotel is very clean, very comfortable, and has great service. Just a quick 25 minute ride down from Gainesville allows me to rest after a Gator win then head home rested the next morning.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stayed this past weekend at the Courtyard Ocala while enjoying our grandson's football game. The Courtyards by Marriott are almost always clean and comfortable; this hotel was no exception. The front desk staff was pleasant and helpful; the rooms were large enough for a sitting area with a couch. Free wifi was also nice; as well as complimentary access to several computers in the lobby. It is right off I-75 and Rt 200, but we weren't bothered by highway noise. There was a combination eating area and bar in the lobby where one could purchase food, but with Cracker Barrel on one side, Waffle House on another, and Burger King in front, as well as several other restaurants right nearby, I can't complain about lack of better dining at the hotel. For a casual trip, everything was convenient. The king sized bed was very comfortable, the bathroom was clean, and the hotel was up to date. No complaints. We'll stay here again next year if they kids qualify again for regionals.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I stayed 2 nights in Ocala on business and was booked here by the company. We arrived after dark and had to look for it a little bit. Other than that it was very nice. I wish that they had other breakfast options but there is a Cracker Barrel across the street.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

From the moment we were checked in, until we left we were greeted continually with smiles and "hi, how are you today?" I am just totally impressed with the courtesy displayed at the registration desk, the people who worked at Starbucks and mostly by the housekeeping staff. I have stayed at all types of hotels and Ocala Courtyard gets a #1 rating for their professionalism and friendly manner. PLUS the room was great and clean. I asked to be moved to a "patio" room. No problem. The location is great as well. Kudos to the staff and management.

Room Tip: Make sure your phone ringer is on if you ask for a wake-up call
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Merced, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

I stayed five nights at the Courtyard and I can't say enough about the staff who were professional and very friendly. This includes the front desk, housekeeping and restaurant staff. Check in was so fast - which is what I needed since I arrived at 2am. My room was near the elevator and ice maker. And even though I am a light sleeper, my room was very peaceful.
Those are all major positives so if I were to pick: The tub in the bathroom did not drain well. I had water up to my ankles. The iron board needed replacing. It was not stable and my bare foot kicked the exposed metal base that did not have a protective rubber cap. Very painful! And last, it would have been great to have been allowed to purchase a sandwich in the morning to take for lunch which I didn't have time to buy during the noon hour at my place of employment.
Overall I would definitely return and recommend the Courtyard in Ocala... And oh, one more major positive: It's worth the money spent.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Manager C, General Manager at Courtyard Ocala, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Thank you for your kind comments about our friendly associates. Many of them have been with us for several years, and they genuinely care that our guests know they are truly welcome here. Guests like you, who take the time to let us know how we are doing, help us to create a more pleasant environment for all.

Our associates work as a team every day to improve on everything that we do. Your descriptions of the guest room adjustments that were needed were immediately forwarded to our continuous care team, and they have been resolved. In the future, please know that if you wish to take a food selections with you in the morning, our staff will gladly have your special requests ready for you when you need them. Our onsite Market offers 24 hour grab 'n go conveniences, too.

Thank you again for your review. We look forward to your return.

Been to Courtyard Ocala? Share your experiences!