We stopped in at this hotel after seeing a coupon for a good room rate in the Hotels books you can pick up at any rest area. We called, and inquired as to the age of the property, time since last renovations, age of mattressses, etc. After hearing what seemed to be all the answers we were looking for, we decided to go ahead and stop here.
Rooms were average. Cleanliness left a little to be desired. Bathroom countertops were very dusty, and the sink showed that the previous occupant had shaved before he left. The beds, at least in the room we were in, are in desperate need of new mattresses. Even the 12 year old, who can sleep anywhere, complained the bed was uncomfortable.
The toilets are of the "low flow, high velocity" type. Incredibly loud! If a toilet flushes within 3 rooms of yours...on your floor, above, or below...you know it! It actually woke us up in the middle of the night! Can't imagine who thought they were a good idea.
I know many people prefer La Quinta because it is "pet friendly". However, I think they should really look into some guidelines. People were walking their dogs through the breakfast area, past the food, some even brought the dogs to breakfast with them. Not very sanitary, in my opinion.
All in all, the hotel served its purpose. Can't say that I will make a point to seek it out again in the future.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn And Suites Ocala
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Ocala Hotel
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Ocala Hotel Ocala
- La Quinta Ocala
- La Quinta Hotel Ocala
- Ocala La Quinta
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The La Quinta Inn & Suites Ocala was recently named a 2011 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence award winner!NEW! Flat-panel TVs with 30 channels of HD programming. Easy-access Plug-and-Play feature makes it simple to connect electronics.The La Quinta Inn & Suites Ocala provides a clean friendly suburban setting for the whole family, including your pet! Wake up to a Free Bright Side BreakfastTM and USA Today newspaper. Hit the outdoor heated pool and Jacuzzi, or get going in our on-site fitness center, then connect with all Ocala has to offer. We are conveniently located off of I-75 (exit 350), close to many horse farms, riding ranches, Ocala Breeders Sales, and Post Time Ranch (Host of H.I.T.S.) horse shows. We are the Host hotel for Paso Fino shows, and Live Oak shows. From here you have easy access to The Disney Welcome Center, Local Flee Market, Silver Springs, Wild Waters Park, Don Garlits Museum, and more. Visit Ocala's Downtown Square for local nightlife. Walk to many mainstream and local eateries (some deliver to your room). Ocala has abundant shopping venues (four-minute ride to Paddock Park Mall), public & private golf courses, including a Par 3. We are close to local businesses, medical offices, and area hospitals. Nearby Easy Street Games & Go Karts is a perk for travelers with children. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Venere, Hotels.com, LaQuinta, Olotels, Agoda, Hotwire, Priceline, Expedia and Tingo so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites Ocala reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.