“Nice comfy beds - very pet friendly and clean” 5 of 5 stars

You added La Quinta Inn & Suites Ocala to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn & Suites Ocala
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3530 SW 36th Avenue, Ocala, FL 34474   |
Ranked #9 of 36 Hotels in Ocala
“Nice comfy beds - very pet friendly and clean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Very clean, courteous staff , very pet friendly , very secure as our guests were not able to go directly to our room lol not nessasary but nice to know they pay attention. overpriced sodas and snacks so go prepared or pay $$$ .

• Stayed November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I stay on La Quintas exclusively due to the level of comfort the cleanliness of the rooms and the fact that they are pet friendly. I drive all over the country rescuing pets and delivering them to their new forever homes. Last evening while making an excruciating drive from Nashville to Ft Lauderdale [incredible traffic pile ups all through Georgia] I pulled into the La Quinta in Ocala...having timed it so that I could stay here and still get to my destination on time. When I walked in there was a young woman at the counter, she was counting change, she did not look up from what she was doing and said she would be with me in a minute.......then she abruptly asked, 'reservations' {i assumed it was a question} while counting pennies, I said no and then asked if was necessary......she then slammed down her change and said "ugh, you made me lose count"...and then picked up the stack of pennies and started recounting.......I again stood as she counted pennies and entered this amount in her calculator....and she then pulled out a handful of nickles, and started counting them??????? REALLY.

She said it will be a minute as the computer is taking its time to check availability......she did NOT enter anything into the computer and unless it was voice activated had no idea as to my request or requirements. I will admit I was getting a bit frustrated......she then entered the amount of the nickles into her calculator and then felt I had waited long enough and said, "smoking or non smoking".....I said non smoking and would like something on the first floor as one of my dogs is handicapped and has wheels and needs to go out side often, she said "I got nothin' and looked at me with such disdain....I asked "nothing? anywhere?' Her response was "NOT on the first floor, anything else?" as I started to ask another question she let out such a sigh of disgust and said 'it is 101.00 plus tax'....I said AARP discount....well this was the end of her 'cordiality' {ha ha ha}....I ended the conversation right then and there.

Listen I was in the hospitality industry for over 30 years and I understand that a guests can be a bit demanding, but this young lady was expecting it and had been given no such promise of this treatment. I may have been the straw that broke the camels back by 'just walking in' while she was counting change...but REALLY {ill ask again}...IN all my years in the business I was taught first and foremost the person standing in front of you is THE most important priority, not the one on the phone or the menial task at hand...but the future/potential guest. It is about 'heads in beds' in this business and with this young woman at the front desk you will be losing guests in droves. By the way I stayed in the La Quinta in Macon {Chambers Rd} on my way up, La Quinta {Donelson Pike} in Nashville and was met with astounding customer service and I have stayed in La Quintas over 8 times in the last 6 weeks....I am loyal to a fault......Ocala....you need to get it together NOW.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Place was great, friendly and much much better than the Hilton which is right next to it. Very happy customer :) Clean room, and it was pet friendly! The home was warm and inviting and included a fridge and microwave! Bathroom was spacious the bed was very very comfortable!

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Mandeville, Louisiana, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I spent 4 nights in Ocala visiting family. The La Quinta was very relaxing place for peace and quiet after visiting with family. I had my Scottie with me and we both enjoyed the room, people and landscaping. This is a very comfortable place to stay.

Room Tip: Rooms are really big and well appointed.
NEWARK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

we have stayed at this motel 9 times in 7 years. the rooms are outstanding , nice outside pool nice landscaping,employees are great, a plus + to misty one of the managers.they accept pets,we have never had an issue about animals staying in room before us.rates are great,better when you go online. i would have to say that me and my wife enjoy coming to this la quinta inn in ocala florida. we have stayed in a lot of la quinta inns on the east coast.we have had a few minor problems in some but they have been corrected within an hour or so,or we have been moved to a new room.i have to say that this motel is probably the nicest we"ve stayed in.

Room Tip: you will get your moneys worth.
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

We have stayed many nights at LaQuintas in various locations and can always count on great locations that are convenient, with cleanliness of rooms, great price, and a caring staff. We also appreciate the allowance for pets.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Ocala? Share your experiences!