“This place needs completely renovated” 1 of 5 stars

Ocala Inn
1626 South Pine Avenue, Ocala, FL 34471   |
Ranked #32 of 36 hotels in Ocala
Massillon, Ohio, USA
“This place needs completely renovated”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

On the exterior the motel looked nice, and the price was about right for what we were wanting to spend for a quick night. When we got into the room, the odor was a little strange, but I don't know what it was, and it could have just been me. The floor was questionable and the carpet needed replaced (a large number of snags in the carpet, and it was completely dirty). The bathroom was a disaster. The toilet leaked out once we finally got it to work flushing, and there weren't enough towels to keep things dry. Eventually we settled on using one of the comforters, given the place was basically full and we were stuck there for the night. The Quality Inn shampoo and Super 8 bath soap were a nice touch, too.

The beds were not terribly uncomfortable and seemed clean enough. That helped make it a liveable stay. But we were certainly in a hurry to get out of there the next morning.

It's not the worst place I've ever stayed, but I can't in good conscience give it a rating better than this. The location and everything make me think it's a salvageable inn, but it needs closed for a few weeks so they can rip everything apart and start over.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

16 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Miami, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Checked in to this hotel for an overnight business trip to Ocala. Sure, it's a convenient location, BUT- it was possibly the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. The room was smelly, musty and dirty; I asked the clerk at the front desk about the smell & his excuse was that the carpet had just been cleaned and that HOPEFULLY the smell would go away once the room cooled down (it felt as though the air had not been on at all for quite some time - could this be ONE of the reasons the room smelled so badly??) Went out to grab a quick dinner in the hopes that the room would a) cool down and b) not smell quite so bad. No such luck. SO, I decided to ask the front desk clerk if I could change rooms (shift change must have occured as there was someone new at the desk). Anyhow, he happpily switched me to a new room, stating that I must be a non-smoker and be overly sensitive to the smell. Not so. I am indeed a smoker but this stench was well beyond a 'smoky' room. The room lacked basic amenities (a clock, waste basket, extra toilet paper); the carpets, windows, floors & bathroom were dirty. The interesting thing was that BEFORE I checked in, I specifically asked if the rooms were clean, that I was looking for a decent room for an overnight stay and possibly 'future' stays as I have some business to tend to locally in the upcoming months. The front desk clerk assured me that the rooms were indeed clean, and that I would surely be back. Uh, I don't think so. Not ever.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Sanford, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

First off, I always try to check the hotel's website to look at the rooms etc. The website only showed me one picture of an okay looking room. I figured it looked fine for what i needed. I had a budget. I called to reserve a room for one night. He took my credit card information, and gave me a confirmation number. It would have been $54 for one room with a king bed. The person that would be staying the night called me, and said the place was horrible! It was dirty, and it looked as if people lived there, or rented for long periods of time. His exact words were "It is ghetto!" The person staying is not all that picky, as long as he has a comfortable place to sleep, he's fine. However, he said the conditions were so bad that he would not be able to stay. I've paid less than $54 for other places that were much nicer and acceptable. I called the hotel to cancel the reservation, and the front desk person said there would be a cancellation fee! I asked why, and he stated there is a difference between booking a room and reserving a room, and they charge them a fee to process the transaction. I don't know about anyone else, but everytime i reserve a hotel i have until like 6p the SAME DAY to cancel with no fee! I was like, " Are you kidding me?!" If that was the case he should have made me aware of that before even "booking" the room. Which i did not know he did. I asked to speak with the manager, and he said he was the only one at the front desk. I had to ask him like three times if i could talk to a manager, or what his name was. He hesitated, and didnt want to give me an answer. He finally said the manager's name cause apparently he wasn't there at the moment, which i think he may have made up. I am going to call again to speak to whoever CJ is?! They can't run a business like that. Charging people for inadequitely running their business. Unprofessional people, lousy website, and even more of a lousy place. Note to the wise, if they can't afford a decent website to show thier accomodations, don't bother! I could not imagine who would stay there!! URGH!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011 via mobile

It appears that the majority of the people staying there actually live there & are allowed to yell, slam doors, scream, stand in front of other people's windows, & act as obnoxious & infantile as they want. $45 isn't worth it.....it wouldn't be worth $5 a night. The tenants sit outside & watch every move you make.....creepy!
Management made up some lame excuse about those people just passing through, but 6 people went into that room at once and they were locals. Could not relax at all & were sorry we stopped here. It was like having the Jerry Springer show next door. This place should be condemned. Dirty.....noisy....uncomfortable beds....I think it may actually be a gateway to hell. Some of those people were scary enough. Avoid this place at all costs. The Walmart parking lot would be safer and less noisy.

• Stayed October 2011
Ocala, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

The new owners are really getting this place in tip top shape. They are working hard inside and out to make the best improvements. They took over only a couple of weeks before I stayed there. I would recommend anyone to stay here. It is located within walking distance to restaurants and a shopping center that has a major grocery store. It also has a pool, which most of the motels in this area do not have, or they have them, but have drained and closed them.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Nashville, TN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2010

Stayed here 1 night before going to Disney. It is now listed as an America's Best Value Inn, and previously a Travelodge and possibly a Confort Inn. Overall it is very old and not updated. Front staff was decently friendly and every thing was generally clean but again, very old. Cont Breakfast was very basic. Beds were sleepable but pillows were small. I guess a good deal for just a night and only $50 so I can't complain too much.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
New Port Richey, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2009

I stayed only one night and was treated well by the friendly staff. However, my room was tidy and neat but everything was old and grundgy. The air conditioner hummed but did not make the damp, smelly air go away.

I would stay here in a pinch since the staff were so friendly but this is not a very good motel.

Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends

Been to Ocala Inn? Share your experiences!