“GHETTO!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 36 hotels in Ocala
Sanford, Florida
“GHETTO!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

First off, I always try to check the hotel's website to look at the rooms etc. The website only showed me one picture of an okay looking room. I figured it looked fine for what i needed. I had a budget. I called to reserve a room for one night. He took my credit card information, and gave me a confirmation number. It would have been $54 for one room with a king bed. The person that would be staying the night called me, and said the place was horrible! It was dirty, and it looked as if people lived there, or rented for long periods of time. His exact words were "It is ghetto!" The person staying is not all that picky, as long as he has a comfortable place to sleep, he's fine. However, he said the conditions were so bad that he would not be able to stay. I've paid less than $54 for other places that were much nicer and acceptable. I called the hotel to cancel the reservation, and the front desk person said there would be a cancellation fee! I asked why, and he stated there is a difference between booking a room and reserving a room, and they charge them a fee to process the transaction. I don't know about anyone else, but everytime i reserve a hotel i have until like 6p the SAME DAY to cancel with no fee! I was like, " Are you kidding me?!" If that was the case he should have made me aware of that before even "booking" the room. Which i did not know he did. I asked to speak with the manager, and he said he was the only one at the front desk. I had to ask him like three times if i could talk to a manager, or what his name was. He hesitated, and didnt want to give me an answer. He finally said the manager's name cause apparently he wasn't there at the moment, which i think he may have made up. I am going to call again to speak to whoever CJ is?! They can't run a business like that. Charging people for inadequitely running their business. Unprofessional people, lousy website, and even more of a lousy place. Note to the wise, if they can't afford a decent website to show thier accomodations, don't bother! I could not imagine who would stay there!! URGH!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

15 people have reviewed this hotel

1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011 via mobile

It appears that the majority of the people staying there actually live there & are allowed to yell, slam doors, scream, stand in front of other people's windows, & act as obnoxious & infantile as they want. $45 isn't worth it.....it wouldn't be worth $5 a night. The tenants sit outside & watch every move you make.....creepy!
Management made up some lame excuse about those people just passing through, but 6 people went into that room at once and they were locals. Could not relax at all & were sorry we stopped here. It was like having the Jerry Springer show next door. This place should be condemned. Dirty.....noisy....uncomfortable beds....I think it may actually be a gateway to hell. Some of those people were scary enough. Avoid this place at all costs. The Walmart parking lot would be safer and less noisy.

• Stayed October 2011
Ocala, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

The new owners are really getting this place in tip top shape. They are working hard inside and out to make the best improvements. They took over only a couple of weeks before I stayed there. I would recommend anyone to stay here. It is located within walking distance to restaurants and a shopping center that has a major grocery store. It also has a pool, which most of the motels in this area do not have, or they have them, but have drained and closed them.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Nashville, TN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2010

Stayed here 1 night before going to Disney. It is now listed as an America's Best Value Inn, and previously a Travelodge and possibly a Confort Inn. Overall it is very old and not updated. Front staff was decently friendly and every thing was generally clean but again, very old. Cont Breakfast was very basic. Beds were sleepable but pillows were small. I guess a good deal for just a night and only $50 so I can't complain too much.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
New Port Richey, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2009

I stayed only one night and was treated well by the friendly staff. However, my room was tidy and neat but everything was old and grundgy. The air conditioner hummed but did not make the damp, smelly air go away.

I would stay here in a pinch since the staff were so friendly but this is not a very good motel.

Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2009

I was itching and scratching for the whole three weeks I stayed there. It turns out the room we stayed was infested with bed bugs. Heck, they even managed to sneak into my luggage, so I brought some back to California with me to keep as pets. : / I regret ever staying there. My bedroom is now infested with these things, and there's no inexpensive way to rid of them. It's my fault for not taking the necessary precautions I suppose. Worst trip ever. I don't know for sure if they're in all the rooms, or just maybe I had bad luck. You be the judge. Good luck, sleep tight, and don't let the bed bugs bite.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
Ocala
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2009

has great rates and a friendly staff. they staff made me feel like i was a part of their family. when i needed assistance, no matter what time it was, they would do their best to help me. I had a great time whenever i was around them. Rooms were great. Pool scene is magnificent and colorful. Crystal clear water that is just the right temperature for those hot summer days. I would recommend this hotel to anybody that passed thru Ocala

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Ocala Inn? Share your experiences!