“A Great Surprise in Ocala” 5 of 5 stars

Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #10 of 36 hotels in Ocala
GreenLeadersGold level
Birmingham, Alabama
“A Great Surprise in Ocala”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I was very happy to find this Hilton in Ocala, FL. I've stayed twice now and both visits have been great. The location is very close to restaurants and shopping. It is tucked away far enough that you don't hear any highway noise. The breakfast is good too. I will definitely stay here again.

Karl K, Manager at Hilton Ocala, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
we greatly appreciate your comments and the fact that you have stayed with us twice recently. It's interesting that your experience also mentions just how quiet this wonderful "resort feel" Hilton is, when actually we are located barely a quarter-mile from I-75.
Our expansive property, dense tree-lined buffer, and large 6-acre "back yard" all help isolate us from the hustle and frantic pace just a short distance away.
drop in and say hello the next time here -

421 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Frederick, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Quick access to highway, great atmosphere inside the hotel. Nice pool, good food at restaurant....nice bar to hang out at in the evening. They own a Clydesdale too and its a lot of fun to see him up close.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Karl K, Manager at Hilton Ocala, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thanks for covering so quickly what we feel is so wonderful about our little piece of paradise in the heart of Florida. Since Ocala lays claim to being the horse capital of the world, it';s only natural that our mascot Buddy represents all his equine friends here at Hilton Ocala.
You can find Buddy at the rear of our 6-acre oak-line grass paddock, after enjoying the perfect dinner from Chef Randall in Arthur's Restaurant, the Starting Gate Bar & Grill, or relaxing on the poolside terrace.
Hurry back and see us soon.
Athlone, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Stayed here the night before leaving from Orlando airport. Staff were helpful, room was nice, pool area was good, and my daughter loved visiting the horse. There was music in the pool area the night we were there, which was good, and it stopped about 10pm so did not keep guests awake.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Karl K, Manager at Hilton Ocala, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Hi there...and thanks for visiting on a Friday on the way to Orlando. You discovered our Friday PARTY ON THE PATIO, with FREE live music, 2-4-1 drink specials, happy hour 5-7...every Friday from 5-9pm.
Glad your daughter had a moment to visit our own mascot "Buddy:...an impressive Clydesdale that is always happy to nudge our guests for a treat or simply enjoy a pat on the nose.
We look forward to hopefully seeing you again soon
Palm Harbor, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We arrived here at the Hilton Ocala around 2:00 P.M. and the hospitality is amazing! Front desk clerk was very accommodating and upgraded us to the 8th floor! Talk about great customer service! The hotel is super clean and the beds are TO DIE FOR! (If the hotel is missing a full size bed, you know I took it.) Very quiet and welcoming and this is definitely the hotel to stay at while in Ocala! I will be back again next year and will make sure others stay here as well! You got my business!

P.S. The shower goodies smell super! :)

Karl K, Manager at Hilton Ocala, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
well, we are not missing a bed so I guess you could not fit it in your luggage (LOL)...but everyone raves about the incredible comfort of our cozy night's sleep.
Thank you for your kind comments, and for noticing the upgrade we provide in all guestroom bath products.
Please look up any member of our management team on your next visit so we can say hello and thank you in person.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We experience, a Clean,Comfortable room breakfast was included with a small up charge for larger selection, the server was excellent. Good overall stay would return. If only the golf game was as good. The pool was great, temp. warm

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Karl K, Manager at Hilton Ocala, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
We are so glad your visit was "up to par" (sorry for the fun pun) with what you expected and deserved while visiting Ocala. Our breakfast service team has all been there for many years; in fact Sally, a favorite among many of our returning guests has been at Hilton Ocala since we opened the doors almost 26 years ago.
Come back and fine tune that golf game in Ocala anytime...and ask about our special guest play rate at the exclusive Golden Ocala.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I was driving to take my daughter for her first year of collage in St. Pete from Chicago, IL, along with her 2 younger brothers ages 10& 12. On the way I had car trouble and came limping in here late evening. The staff was great!!! They gave me a reasonable rate. They got us a pet room, as my daughter had her pet with her. They helped me get information on where to get my car fixed. First thing in the morning they called the dealership explained my plight and said I was coming over. They gave my daughter and the boys breakfast and lunch passes, so I wouldn't have to worry about them while waiting for my car. They also gave me an extremely extended checkout, so the kids could swim there and stay in the room and not have to wait at the dealership with me. The dealership after hearing my situation from the hotel staff, put my car ahead of others to get me on my way. After getting the car fixed I ate the best French Dip sandwich at the hotel that I've probably ever had. This hotel and staff made a bad situation, far easier to handle for a single Mom. They didn't have to go out of their way for me, but they went the extra mile plus. Thank you, thank you, thank you! The room was clean and comfortable, the staff better than fabulous, the food great! If I'm ever passing through Ocala again, this is the place I'll be staying. They truly made a fan of me.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Karl K, Manager at Hilton Ocala, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
There are times that even I find myself speachless and without the proper words to respnd here...and this is one of those times. I know our staff is friendly, courteous, and goes out of their way whenever needed. But the picture you painted of both your unfortunate car trouble but the incredible response from so many members of the Hilton Ocala team is wonderful. I am so glad our team worked together to ensure the safety and comfort of you and your family. We look forwrad to your return (without the car problems.) Travel Safe!
Jacksonville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

This hotel was very clean and very professional. We ordered room service at the end of the night and it was delivered in a timely fashion. Very impressive. The pool was a wonderful temp. too and kept very clean. They even gave me a free drink for my birthday! Another wonderful experience with Hilton. Thanks!

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Karl K, Manager at Hilton Ocala, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
It sounds like you took advantage of the best things about our wonderful full-service Hilton....the heated pool, Arthur's Bistro wonderful room service for dinner, and the fun and cool beverages of oru Starting Gate Bar & Grill. Hope you got to enjoy a sunset on the back terrace or a stroll around the large grass paddock. We look forward to seeing you again.

Been to Hilton Ocala? Share your experiences!