“Ocala, the heart of horse country” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Bed & Breakfast Package
Ranked #7 of 36 Hotels in Ocala
GreenLeadersGold level
“Ocala, the heart of horse country”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Whether choosing a place to hang your dressage frock coat and helmet at the end of a day of equine competition or working the business angle away from the office, I can well recommend this establishment. The staff is friendly, courteous, and attentive. The facilities themselves are well maintained and provide a comfortable place to rest and recharge. A full complement of amenities including a work out room and business center, it has all the bases covered for the informed tourist and business traveler alike. to sum up; The room was clean and comfortable. The food was plentiful. The staff was very hospitable, and the stay was wonderful and stress free.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Karl K, Owner at Hilton Ocala, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
ya know....I usually like to take a moment to respond with a few comments about our facility and some of the wonderful things Hilton Ocala has to offer that cannot be found anywhere else. But your kind and gracious comments covered so much about what is great about this Ocala landmark hotel, I will just simply say "thank you and please know we look forward to your return soon."

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Grand Prairie, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have been here multiple times and it must have been busy season with horse or dog shows. It was hard to get a room, which tells me others agree that this is the palce to stay if staying in Ocala. It is right off the highway and 5 minute drive from any restraunt in town. On-site eating is also a viable option if staying in for the night or grabbing something on the way out in the morning.

I have to travel to Ocala 5-6 times a year and this is my only choice for stay. i have even held off on a trip to wait for an avaiable room.

Room Tip: ask for a room away from the elevator - busy convention crowd don't get out much and come in lat...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Karl K, Manager at Hilton Ocala, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words and being one of our loyal, trusted friends of Hilton Ocala.

Our motto "Hospitality In The Heart of Horse Country" certainly is true in the month of March. With the HITS horse shows and the renowned Ocala Breeder Sales March sale...you can certainly find the Hilton Ocala the center of the action.

Buyers, sellers, riders, and enthusiasts all enjoy the atmosphere and culinary experience of Arthur's Restaurant and The Starting Gate Lobby bar. We certainly look forward to your return visits.
Ocala, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Attended a function at the hotel and ate at Arthurs...always great service and great food. There was a live band which was new since the last time I had been there. Very enjoyable!

Rooms are always clean and well kept. Hotel is quiet and classy and the staff is very friendly. This is the only hotel I will stay at in Ocala as none of the others even come close.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Karl K, Manager at Hilton Ocala, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
We are so glad you enjoyed your dining experience at Arthur's Restaurant. Chef Randal White and his team are always striving to surprise and exceed expectations with night dinner specials, homemade soups, and of course fresh baked breads and desserts.

we hope to see you again soon
Indian Rocks Beach, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

We were greeted immediately upon arrival.. check-in was very smooth.. bell service was excellent.. grounds were very nice.. condition of the room was excellent.. I was very pleased that the cost of the drinks at the bar were very reasonable.. staff was very helpful and always greeted us with a smile.. overall, I believe you met your mission statement and we have plans to return to this hotel for future business in Ocala.. I only had one dissapointment.. in your advertisement you have a horse-drawn carriage, and upon contact to the hotel I was advised this was discontinued

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I stayed one night at the Hilton on my drive from Miami to Atlanta. The hotel was easy to find with the DOT signs pointing the way.
Although the hotel is close to the exit, it's insulated from the Interstate noise by trees and a small hill.
I used Priceline to bid on a room and got it for $64 (total with tax). The lobby was very nice and large with a desk representative checking me in immediately, suggesting the best place to park.
The room was spacious, clean, and had a very comfortable bed. My room faced away the the interstate, and I heard no traffic noise. The coffee maker and cups were set up on a small table and easy to use. The room had a small fridge, nicely hidden in a large bureau with several drawers and a fridge compartment.
Check out was easy and fast. The front desk rep was very pleasant.
I've stayed at the Residence Inn in Ocala, but I think the Hilton is nicer.
I would stay here again or recommend it to my family.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not face the interstate
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Karl K, Manager at Hilton Ocala, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Booking Hilton Ocala on-line can produce the biggest surprises! our amazing large multi-acre landscaped property offers a strong resort-feel experience.
We are so glad that you were able to experience so much of what we have to offer...from the expansive lobby with the Starting Gate lobby bar to Arthur's restaurant and more.
We know there are a lot of great places to stay in our area but we welcome you back as our valued guest anytime you are in the area.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I work in a Lighthouse Hampton Inn and Suites and we pride ourselves on service. We also hold the number one spot on Trip Advisor in our city. The moment I walked in the door I was welcomed by Luis.... Now I know how my guests feel when they come into my property. I felt like I was special and like I really was cared for in every area I felt important to my stay. He was so awesome, always smiling, made me feel special and I LOVE your property because it was very clean and had all the ammenities I need in a hotel. Anastasia was the server we had for breakfast she was very nice and attentive to our needs. I will certainly return and always ask for these employees. There was another front desk clerk that was working with Luis and she was very nice and helped me with a business issue. My daughter enjoyed the pool and loved feeding Buddy the horse. We bought some treats and she was thrilled when he ate them from her hand!! Beautiful property, very clean, wonderful dinner and breakfast and the service was beyond AWESOME!! Above and beyond is the name of the game in this industry and I am so proud to be in the same catagory as this team. GREAT GREAT GREAT!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Karl K, Manager at Hilton Ocala, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Receiving a very kind review is always nice, when it comes from a friend in the industry...even nicer...but you giving credit where it is due by mentioning specific team members by name....priceless! Your comments were shared immediately with the managers and individuals. Thank you
Of course Buddy (our resident Clydesdale horse) thanks you for the treats as well. Please do not hesitate to let us know whenever you are returning to the area so we can anticipate your arrival (and tell Buddy treats are on the way.)

Karl Kaufmann
Oviedo, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Great stay with the family. We hit a cold spell while we were there and the spa was a great way to relax. I didn't head to the bar but it looked busy. The staff is friendly and warm. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Enjoyed it!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Karl K, Manager at Hilton Ocala, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
When we have those unseasonably cool spring days and nighs as we had last week, our outdoor heated pool and spa are a popular retreat for many of our guests.
Next time you visit I urge you to try the culinary experience of Arthur's Restaurant...and find out why it is one of North Central Florida's most popular dining destinations.
Please stop and say hello in person next time you are in the area.

Karl Kaufmann

Been to Hilton Ocala? Share your experiences!