“Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay 3+ Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #12 of 36 Hotels in Ocala
GreenLeadersGold level

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

Budget decor but very clean and quite comfortable. Plenty of hot water, satisfying breakfast and very friendly staff. Everything worded - ice cold AC, TV with free HBO. Convenient location and outstanding customer service.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Michelle B, Public Relations Manager at Howard Johnson Inn - Ocala, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
We thank you for taking the time to leave such a great review, Patsy. Our Howard Johnson Inn Ocala has the most outstanding service of any other Ocala hotel. Our friendly staff aims to please and provide you with a home away from home during your travels. We are conveniently located just off of I-75, and offer up the best rates in Ocala. We thank you again for letting others know how great we are doing. Come see us again soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

Has done things not normally associated with a budget hotel. If you are staying anywhere between gainsville and Ocala let this be where you stop. The towels and sheets and tv are first rate. The check in and out staff were great.

• Stayed August 2014
Mitchell we greatly appreciate your review of our Howard Johnson Inn Ocala, Florida hotel! As you mentioned, we are an excellent choice for those stopping between Gainesville and Ocala. We are also a short drive from Orlando and Tampa! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay including our freshly laundered lines, our newly upgraded 40" TVs and our friendly staff. We always enjoy seeing familiar faces so please do come back and visit us again. Thanks so much for taking the time to write about your experience with us.
Decatur
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

Several amenities! Clean rooms, clean pool (handicap accessible) & jacuzzi. Staff is amazing! Price is reasonable, free breakfast is a great spread.... omly complaint wouldn't be noise of other patrons but not much you can do about that (walls are thin)
Also pet friendly!

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Thank you, Crystal, for the excellent review of our Howard Johnson Inn of Ocala, Florida. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our clean, comfy rooms, hot continental breakfast and the outdoor pool and hot tub area. In the future, we do have areas of the hotel that would be well suited for our guests preferring quiet. We always want you to be completely satisfied and would have been happy to relocate you during your stay. Please do visit us again soon!
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

My family and I just stayed at the Howard Johnson Inn in Ocala FL
Upon arriving at the hotel my wife was saying that the place didn't look too nice from the outside. She wasn't a fan of the dark blue color. I told her this place had gotten mostly excellent reviews for the place and for service.
Well I was given the choice of the coupon rate which I got a book from a rest area. That rate was $54.00 Sun-Thurs day for 1-2 people.(kids 18 and under are free)We were traveling with our 2 young girls. We just went on this day trip from home to first of all celebrate my younest one's birthday and to eat at the Stevie B's pizza place and to take a swim at the very nice pool.
Anyway I told Cedric the manager that I had seen nice comments about him and I can say a very nice and helpful individual. He told me when I came in about the rooms with the coupon are rooms near the pool. These are designated as pet rooms and they aren't completly renovated like the ones nearest the office. Well first of all I am a Wyndham Rewards member and I didn't happen to have my card on me but Cedric let me first look at one of the rooms. The room on the 2nd floor had one issue. Their was a good sized gap under the door. I told him this and he put us in a room on the first floor. They have double sized and queen sized. I opted for the 2 queens non smoking room. Well Cedric did try to find my member number for Wyndham but couldn't find one so he did help me out and only charged $5 for a non pet room and I am glad I did choose it.
The rooms are well done inside. The Beds are kind of firm but still very comfortable. Nice shower pressure and plenty of hot water for everyone to take showers. Well we wanted to eat by the pool which has cabanas to sit under with chairs and to keep you out of direct sunlight. We needed ice for our drinks and I went to the one ice machine closest to our room 318. I happened to see Cedric and told him the ice machine wasn't working. He said he would have maintenance look at it and it was fixed the next time I went to get ice. He offered to get me some ice from the office ice machine. Very helpfull. The whole staff is very helpfull and will gladly help you out if you have any issues. They also have 37 inch flat screens and plenty of channels. I couldn't find a channel guide in their booklet. I should have asked for that but no big deal. Oh, the pool is very nice and they also have a jacuzzi and that's very nice as well. The free breakfast to me was just average. Not really enough choices. Hard Boiled eggs, toast, cereal, coffee, juice and make your own waffels. My kids shared a waffel and liked it. I had hard boiled eggs. No microwave but we asked for help and were helped by a very nice woman working their. She didn't want to heat it at first for fear it would explode but cut it in half and it won't explode. Alot of people don't realize an egg will explode but, cut in half won't and she did heat it up and was like wow. Overall it's free and not bad. You can pay $4.99 per person and get a hot breakfast. Almost forgot I needed extra bar of soap and the guy at the front desk asked me if I wanted him to bring it to me and said oh wow okay. I usually don't get that at most places. Overall we had an excellent experience. Very helpfull staff. If you want to see the hotel I did a quick hotel review on my youtube channel. Just put in hotel review Howard Johnson Ocala FL in search bar.Now if you're expecting so much more then stay elsewhere. If you want a nice room that's clean and has the best staff I have ever seen this is the place to stay. All the negative reviews I think some people are just too picky and nothing can please them no matter what. I have stayed at many places and will tell it like it is. What I recommend ask to see a room first before paying for it that way you know right away and won't have to complain about something.

Room Tip: Ask to see a room first. The pool side rooms are designated as pet rooms. So if that bothers you ask...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Michelle B, Public Relations Manager at Howard Johnson Inn - Ocala, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Thank you kindly for the excellent review of our Howard Johnson Inn Ocala, Florida! I am so pleased to hear that Cedric and our other staff members took excellent care of your during your stay. I would like to extend thanks on behalf of Team HOJO for the wonderful You Tube video review you took and posted for us. What a thorough, thoughtful contribution! Thank you. As you mentioned, we are an excellent option for those budget-conscious travelers who don't want to compromise on cleanliness. Our housekeeping and maintenance teams do an outstanding job of keeping our rooms sparkling clean, updated and maintained. Thank you again for taking the time to leave us a review here and to post the You Tube video review. We greatly appreciate it!

Been to Howard Johnson Inn - Ocala? Share your experiences!