“NONSMOKERS STAY AWAY” 2 of 5 stars

Stay 3+ Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #13 of 36 hotels in Ocala
GreenLeadersGold level

587 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Waskom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

They clam the place has been remodeled a couple of years ago but the only thing in my room that looked like it was less then 15 years old was the paint. The furniture was falling apart room had a very bad smell like it had been wet a few times and not aired out or anything. So when I go to check out my bill was twice as high to when I check in. They had a phone fee a safe fee and some other fee on the bill. Got there my bill was 103.66 and when I checked out it was over 210.00 and had to argue with the for about 45 min. before I could get my bill right. So once I got my bill straight I canceled all of my nights I had booked there in about 2 weeks and got very rude remarks from the staff there very unprofessional

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Becky S, Public Relations Manager at Howard Johnson Inn - Ocala, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Jay, I am sorry that you disliked your stay. Our hotel has remolded recently. We spent $300,000 on a recent remodel of our lobby, restaurant, and fitness center. We recently re-did our pool area. We switched out the vanities in the guest rooms as well as re-tiling the bathrooms, and switching curtains and other touches. Some rooms have had more extensive work than others. As for your bill, you would only be charged the phone fee if you made long-distance calls. I am guessing some of the other fees may have been pet charges or charges for having more people in the room than was reported would be there (there is a $10 extra person charge and many people will not give the actual number of guests staying in the room at check-in to avoid the charge).
Macomb, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I wish I could give this motel a better rating because the customer service was so good, but it just wasn't a comfortable room. The rooms are dark with outdated carpet and furniture. On the plus side, it was a quiet room with an adequate continental breakfast. The employees are very friendly and will go out of their way for you. Also, we liked that there was a computer available for guest use. If you just need a place to rest for one night, the room is adequate, otherwise, I would find a newer hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you Donna. Our hotel is a bit older and we certainly cannot compete with a Hampton or other Mid-scale brand. However, as a budget hotel, our pricing is about half that of a Hampton so it is ideal for those who are watching their wallet while traveling. Thank you for your kind words about our staff.
Leesburg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

The stay was good but when I wanted to add an additional night they raised the room rate too high so I checked out and stayed at Days Inn and that's probably going to be my choice going forward, I always stayed at this HoJo's but I guess the $30 was more important than keeping me as a regular customer.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Scott, thank you for staying with us in the past. Sometimes our rates do go high if there is a major event in the area like a Gator football game or a race at the speedway. However, if you stay very frequently, we can set up a local rate for you which is good most days of the year. We do this for our business travelers who are in the hotel weekly or who stay for longer stretches.

Been to Howard Johnson Inn - Ocala? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Howard Johnson Inn - Ocala

Address: 3951 NW Blitchton Road, I-75 exit 354, Ocala, FL 34482
Location: United States > Florida > Central Florida > Ocala
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#1 Best Value Hotel in Ocala
#2 Green Hotel in Ocala
#10 Business Hotel in Ocala
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Howard Johnson Inn - Ocala 2.5*
Offering happiness and value, the Howard Johnson Inn Ocala, Florida hotel is situated with easy access from I-75 and 4 Miles from Downtown Ocala, Florida Horse Capital of the World. Kick off your day with a free breakfast including Belgian waffles and free WiFi. With 125 rooms located on 10 acres of land, this Ocala, Florida hotel is ideal for families traveling with RV rentals, and includes ample RV and boat parking on-site. This green-certified Ocala, Florida hotel is situated within minutes from the Post Time Horse Farm, home of the annual Horse Shows in the Sun - HITS - Ocala event each winter. As the recipient of Howard Johnson's Best Practices of the Year Award for 2010, the Howard Johnson Inn Ocala, Florida is dedicated to providing travelers the best combination of cheerful hospitality and convenience with a great value. Find all that this Ocala hotel has to offer within minutes of top attractions including Silver Springs Natural Theme Park, Wild Waters Water Park, Florida State Fire College, Ocala Rotary Sportsplex, Big Sun Youth Soccer League, Shocker Park Softball Complex, Ocala Breeders Sales and the beautiful fresh water springs (Silver Springs, Salt Springs, Juniper Springs, Alexander Springs, Silver Glen Springs and Rainbow Springs) of the Ocala National Forest. Fun and convenience are a standard at the Howard Johnson Inn Ocala, Florida with the areas largest outdoor heated pool, poolside cabanas and a relaxing Jacuzzi. In and around this Ocala, Florida hotel you will enjoy a complimentary Rise and Dine Breakfast along with on-site miniature golf, meeting and banquet facilities, Howard Johnson's Restaurant on-site (Buy 1 Dinner and get the 2nd dinner of equal or lesser value FREE) and nearby dining and convenience at Roma Italian Restaurant and the Publix SuperMarket. No matter what kind of traveler you are, the Howard Johnson Inn Ocala, Florida hotel provides the ideal location and incredible value you have been searching for. Go Happy. Go HoJo Ocala, Florida. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Wyndham, Priceline, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Tingo so you can book your Howard Johnson Inn - Ocala reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Howard Johnson Inn - Ocala Hotel Ocala
Howard Johnson Hotel Ocala
Howard Johnson Ocala
Ocala Howard Johnson

If you own or manage Howard Johnson Inn - Ocala, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.