“Over night stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay 3+ Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #12 of 36 Hotels in Ocala
GreenLeadersGold level

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Cookeville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

not bad for the cheap rate, next to interstate so expect noise. building is old school, A/C worked great, linens seemed fresh and clean, shower and bath acceptable, was only there for about 6 hours to sleep while traveling, didnt expect a 3 or 4 star for the $50 so it rates "average" in my opinion. some people hanging out on the upper balcony, receptionist admitted when i arrived that she had warned them about the noise level a time or two and for me to let her know if i was disturbed since my room was 3 doors down. no problems or disturbances to me at all. continental breakfast kind of lame, dont expect there to be alot of variety.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Becky S, Public Relations Manager at Howard Johnson Inn - Ocala, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thank you for your review. Our hotel is working very hard to constantly update and renovate our facilities and guest rooms. We also want your experience to be very positive too. This is why we try to ensure that you are not distubed by other guests being noisy. If ever you have any problems, we want to know so that we can work to fix the issue. Regarding the breakfast, we do also offer an expanded menu for less than $5 that includes many hot breakfast items such as biscuits and gravy, bacon, sausage, eggs and more. Thank you.
CHICHESTER
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

My Husband and i recently stayed at The Howard Johnston Inn in Ocala, Florida for 2 weeks while visiting with friends and relatives, i don't think many people stay here this long but it was very good value. I would say that Bonnie Heath Blbd with the i75 going across it is quite a noisy road but you only really hear it while at the pool which i might add is very good, large, clean, plenty of shade, sun loungers and towels. We stayed in a room opposite the reception area which was quite except for cars leaving very early in the morning and people slamming there car and room doors but that's not the hotels fault. The only reason i gave the location a 3 was due to the noise. I gave a 3 to the room as i think they could do with an upgrade but they were kept very clean except the carpets needing a good clean.. The lighting is very, very poor as there is no natural light and if you drew the curtains everybody could see into your room. if you are due to stay here soon i would make sure the renovations to the kitchen/restaurant are finished as they are being carried out while people are eating which in England i'm sure would have been a health and safety issue, why could they not have been done between 10-5 while it was shut. The noise and mess some mornings was terrible and i felt sorry for the staff.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Thank you for your review of our Howard Johnson Ocala. I am very sorry that you experienced issues with the renovation of our public areas. We have the contractors on a strict deadline to finish the entire lobby remodel by the end of the month so they are working constantly to get this done. Although this is a hardship now, after this month, our guests will be able to enjoy a beautiful new bar, restaurant, fitness center, and sitting area in the lobby building. Additionally, we will have a new small boardroom available also. We have spared no expense in this renovation and are excited to reveal our stunning new look come the end of the month.
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I will be back several times to Ocala Please have a pest control person spray the rooms. They had alot of little bugs on everything.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Becky S, Public Relations Manager at Howard Johnson Inn - Ocala, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. Because we are an exterior corridor hotel, and because Florida has more than it's share of bugs, we do bring in a local pest control company on a regular basis for preventative measures. Usually our rooms are insect free, however, they do sometimes sneak in open doors. If you ever check in and encounter any bugs, we will be happy to move you to a new room so that we can treat the first and you can have a pleasant stay. Thank you again.
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

The employees were very friendly, and the office manager was very helpful at check out.
I didn't choose this hotel, my employer did.
I barely slept the 2 days I was there due to the location of the interstate right outside my door, and I was there for a class for work.
Even after the refrigerator was replaced, I didn't feel comfortable using it, so I kept everything in my coolers.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize that you did not have a restful stay at our hotel. We are near the interstate, however, most of our guests report that they do not hear any noise from the traffic. If you should return again, we can place you in a room further from the road to reduce any noise. Thank you.
CONWAY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

The staff were friendly, but the room was not as clean as I had hoped. The location was conveniently just off of the interstate. I found two large water roaches when I entered the bathroom and the bathroom window was ajar. The bathroom did not appear to have been cleaned properly.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Becky S, Public Relations Manager at Howard Johnson Inn - Ocala, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Lisa, I want to apologize on behalf of our management for your poor experience at our hotel. This is not a typical situation and I would love to have the chance to speak with you further and try to make it right. You can reach me directly at becky@hdghotels.com or at 352.867.1347 ext 607. Thank you.

Been to Howard Johnson Inn - Ocala? Share your experiences!