“I would recommend this hotel to anyone who was going to go to the Ocala, Fl area” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Howard Johnson Inn - Ocala

Ranked #12 of 36 Hotels in Ocala
GreenLeadersGold level
WINTER HAVEN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

The room was very clean, including the bathroom. The continental breakfast was all we could eat and poolside (including a hot tub) was great with plenty of tables and chairs with some being covered. The staff was very congenial and cooperative. Easy on and off I-75 with plenty of eateries close by. All this for an extremely inexpensive price.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Becky S, Public Relations Manager at Howard Johnson Inn - Ocala, responded to this review, September 28, 2012
Thank you for your recommendation of our Howard Johnson of Ocala, Florida! You mentioned one thing that many travelers do not know about our hotel; that we have a large heated pool with hot tub and that we can assign your chosen room nearby this pool. If you love to swim (or soak) it is a wonderful surprise!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Warner Robins, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We spent one night in Ocala during our trip to the Florida Keys. I chose this hotel because the price was great, but wasn't expecting much. I was pleasantly surprised. The property was very clean and the front desk staff was VERY friendly and helpful. Our check-in was quick and easy and the room was basic, but clean and spacious. I loved the free wi-fi and continental breakfast in the morning. You can not beat this place for price, value and location!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for making the Howard Johnson Ocala a part of your family vacation! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. There are one or two budget hotels in Ocala that can beat us on price but most travelers don't realize how much they sacrifice in cleanliness, quality, and added amenities by staying elsewhere. Thank you for telling others about us so that maybe they will give us a try too :)
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

This hotel is very affordable and CLEAN!! I travel with disinfectants and I didn't need to use them at all. The beds were comfortable, but don't expect a bed like your own. The pillows leave alot to be desired, but I also travel with my own pillow so that wasn't an issue. I didn't see any mold or mildew, or stains on the sheets. The sheets smelled clean so I believe they were recently laundered. I swear, I inspect a hotel room before I start unpacking because I cannot tolerate unkept rooms. Overall, I was happy with the accomodations and I plan on staying there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Judith, thank you so much for your review! We hope that you do get a chance to return to our Howard Johnson hotel in Ocala, Florida. You mentioned how clean the sheets smelled. That is because we ALWAYS launder the sheets between guests as well as for stays of more than a few days. Our housekeeping staff are proud to provide a level of service that far surpasses most budget accommodations and we are pleased that this made your stay a great one. Thank you!
flesherton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

i have been staying @ ho jo in ocala for several years now its the hotel of my choice in that area the staff is great rooms have always been very clean in my opion its like my home away from home and will remain that way Al Gibbons Flesherton ont canada

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Thank you Al! At the Howard Johnson of Ocala, Florida, we truly do want every guest to feel at home. I personally travel between our hotels every week and spend two nights at this Howard Johnson hotel and I absolutely agree with you that the staff, the laid back atmosphere, and the rooms make you feel welcome every time. I know I will always get to see Cedric and Adrian's smiling faces at check-in. And, best of all, I know that they feel just as pleased to see a familiar face also!
Accokeek, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

We traveled from WV to FL in 2 days with a moving truck, 4 adults & 2 small children. The Howard Johnson's was a very nice place to stay! The rooms were clean and the employees were extremely friendly! Breakfast was good too! Thanks you HoJo!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Becky S, Public Relations Manager at Howard Johnson Inn - Ocala, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Thank you so much Paula! I hope that the rest of your move went smoothly and that you are now settling comfortably into your new home. We are so pleased that our Howard Johnson Ocala could be a part of this major milestone in your family's history! Thank you!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

The two young men that checked me in, Adrian and Cedric, were sensitive to my needs, went above and beyond to be sure I was satisfied with the accommodations and I felt that my comfort level was as important to them as it was to me. Kudos guys for a job well done!

• Stayed August 2012
Thank you so much! Our Howard Johnson Ocala is truly lucky to have such an wonderful staff. Cedric and Adrian are an amazing and important part of our team and are always very genuine and sincere with our guests. I all the time that I have know them, I cannot say that I have ever seen either of them get upset or treat a guest as anything less than royalty. We are truly proud of them!
Ellenboro
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

This was a very good choice. We came here after being disappointed with another close by room. About the only thing I can think of that wasn't great in this room was the traffic noise was a little more then I care for. Don't get me wrong. It wasn't horrible, You could just hear some of the trucks. The breakfast was great. I like motels that have waffle makers. They also had hard boiled eggs plus the typical stuff. If ever back in Ocala, i would be sure to come back here. Good staff , good room and a great price. Thanks guys. Job well done

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Becky S, Public Relations Manager at Howard Johnson Inn - Ocala, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
Dave, thank you for your very flattering review of our Howard Johnson Hotel in sunny Ocala, Florida! We do hope to see you back again and we will keep the waffle maker and syrup on standby for your next visit!

Been to Howard Johnson Inn - Ocala? Share your experiences!