“It was great even room was nice but had to argue with front...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Ocala West

You added Days Inn Ocala West to your Saves list
Days Inn Ocala West
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3620 West Silver Springs Blvd, Ocala, FL 34475 (Formerly Ocala Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #22 of 36 Hotels in Ocala
Ocala, Florida
“It was great even room was nice but had to argue with front...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

It was great even room was nice but had to argue with front desk after i already booked room and she was trying to charge different price and told me that she hope she doesn't get in trouble

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Navarre
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Was a little disappointed overall. Construction going on so smoking and non-smoking rooms were in same wing. Corridor STUNK of cigarette smoke. None of the drink machines worked. BUT the room was comfortable.

Reno
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I looked on the Wynham site reserving this hotel and it had a 3 ½ rating. When I arrived, this motel was obscured by a large building and finally saw the motel lobby on the side of this building. The lobby was clean and very inviting and the check in went speedily, the motel grounds were clean and manicured with a swimming pool in the center. There were 4 separate building of rooms and my room was in the last building. Each room has an outside patio with two plastic chairs. As I entered my building the hall was carpeted and looked neat but as I entered my room I smelled the strong smell of commercial air freshener. The room was nice, well stocked and neat with a king bed, desk a chair and oterman. The internet worked well, the TV was CC compatible, with many channels and by this time I was puzzled why the low rating, by what I had seen this was a defiant 4 to 4.5 motel. I went out for dinner then on my return I started seeing why the lower rating. I am very hearing impaired, without my aid I am almost completely deaf but I could hear the people in the next room talking. Just talking but if they had a party going on. Next, I switched the A/C to low cool and about an hour later while asleep the A/C started sounding like a freight train in the room. After a poor nights sleep, I switch the A/C to fan and the noise stops. I start to make coffee, they have a one cup maker, except they have the single bag coffee used on a fixed steeping unit. Their unit uses the disposable steeping unit. I get around this with the tea bag method but I am seeing the rating fall. The coffee maker light is burned out, however in a couple of minutes hot water is sprayed all over the cup. The final bad note for the motel when entering the shower notice the bottom of my feet are dirty and black washes off them so the dark colored carpet is dirty. On check out I tell of the A/C and they note it down. I leave the motel and yes 3 would be my rating also.
I can not totally recommend this motel based on my stay but if the motel would steam clean all carpets, get the right coffee and service all the A/C’s, there would still be the ‘thin walls’ but would be a 4 rated motel in my book.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled solo
Columbus, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Recently purchased by new owner, the hotel has been updated. The rooms are comfortable and clean. The grounds are well kept and management is spending alot of time and money making the place very appealing. The front desk staff is welcoming and helpful. One gal in particular (Jinnette)became my source for all kinds of good information. (Like a friend)
ALL-IN-ALL,nice place well worth staying in

Room Tip: Back side away from the pool is very quiet
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled solo
detroit
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Handle caps missing on shower handles. Ceiling peeling, did not feel clean! Not sure we will stay at a Days Inn again!

Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We went to Ocala to spend weekend so we decide to stay here. When arrive check in was excellent with this guy in front desk very who give us a kind awesome welcome fast and very easy like at 8 something in night I don't know his name but I know he was Hispanic. Thanks for ur excellent services also for first time I decide to get breakfast at hotel something i never did before but this time was awesome, everything in complete order, clean and variety to eat and drink also the lady speak Spanish which was great for us as Hispanic family. Thanks for excellent services, many blessings!

Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Please don't waste your time or money...At first everything was ok until we noticed the ceiling in the bathroom stained and falling apart.. The Bathroom curtain was stained with some thing looking like old blood. The sink in the bathroom is nice but it comes to close to the toilet which makes it hard for a disabled person or overweight person to sit in such a small space. The door in the bathroom doesn't open all the way it hit the pole holding the curtain. The toilet paper was not changed out it was stained with God know what.. The beds were stained with some type of food and once I uncovered the bed there was Rat poop and yes I have photos to support! I also had an air conditioner that was coming apart from the wall and leaking water onto carpet. There was excessive noise like loud banging sounded like furniture moving until 10 pm. The hall reeked of Cigarette smoke and I requested non smoking. Why should my family have to suffer second hand smoke? The Beds were uncomfortable and really high up that my daughter feel off and split her head open on the middle dresser and needed stitches. It could have all been avoided if there were cribs to provide their guest to use. After a long night of what felt like things crawling on us we awoke to a spider on the wall!! really, like what the heck?! I'm so glad to be back home I will never stay or recommend Days Inn again! Regarding breakfast I wouldn't trust the food. For the inconvenience I received a measly 15 percent off which was 4 dollars off and wasn't offered money back or different room even though that wouldn't have made a difference of the disgust.

Room Tip: Don't Bother
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Been to Days Inn Ocala West? Share your experiences!