“VACATION” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Ocala West

Save Saved
You added Days Inn Ocala West to your Saves list
Days Inn Ocala West
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3620 West Silver Springs Blvd, Ocala, FL 34475 (Formerly Ocala Hotel)   |
Ranked #18 of 36 Hotels in Ocala
Boca Raton, Florida
“VACATION”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

There were several people who helped us so much and made our stay more enjoyable:

Fred in maintenance
Shirley in maid service
Adelide at the breakfast buffet
Ron at the front desk

The most contact we had was with Fred. He treated us as if he were the owner and wanted to make sure everything was going great with us every day. He took his job very personally. Not many people in this line of work would even care what's going on. If you lose Fred, that will definitely cost you business. My suggestion would be to pay him top dollar. It's well worth your money, trust me! I do accounting for 3 Mercedes dealers so I know what's going on.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
shawn b, General Manager at Days Inn Ocala West, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
I am glad the staff was friendly and helpful. Thank you very much for taking time out to take the survey. If there is anything you need or anything better we can do during your next stay please let the staff or management know.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

We decided to stay at this hotel on our way to Clearwater and it was right off the interstate. We had a coupon to stay here which I am glad we did because if we paid anymore for our room I would really complain. The guy that check us in was more interested in watching TV then waiting on us. The pool area and chairs were nice but that was about it. The room had a smell to it and it wasn't clean very well at all. There was trash still on our floor and you could tell the room was outdated and not well kept. The biggest problem was when our daughter went to take a shower and there was no hot water. I went to ask the front desk clerk about it who just arrived on shift and she was really nice and said there was a problem with the water. There was other guest in there complaining about the smell in there rooms too. It is just one of those hotel you check in to stay overnight and that is it.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
I am very sorry for all the problems you had during your last stay. I am sorry that the desk agent was not helpful at all. I have spoken to him, and he retaken the training to show the correct way to treat the customers. I am very sorry that we had a water problem during your stay It was a problem we were aware of and a problem that has been corrected. I have also talked with the housekeeping staff and talked to the about the problem with their work. I there is anything we can do to earn your business back please let us know. And again I am very sorry for the problems you experienced.
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

We were especially delighted that the pool was available. The complimentary breakfast was a treat, and Adelaida was especially helpful and delightful to talk with. The staff was excellent, and it was uplifting to see so much effort and pride going into making the hotel even better than it already is. We had car trouble and ended up staying several days longer than we had originally intended, so having such a fabulous place to stay was a definite plus for us -- saved the trip! The rates were more than reasonable, as well!

Room Tip: Just tell the people what you need! There was no hesitation at all in giving us a ground floor room...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you very much for staying. I am sorry for the car trouble you had. I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay so much. Thank you very much for the kind words. there are still more changes to be made and still more changes to come. We hope to see you again during your next stay in Ocala.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

I was a bit concerned at first after booking on Priceline because of some of the reviews, however, since the hotel has taken over new management, it is the place to stay to get a great deal.

Our room was very clean and comfy. Cleanliness is the most important item to me when lodging anywhere.

Additionally, we asked to park our trailer-ed motorcycles to where we could see them from our room and the staff accommodated. Additionally, we could see the large pool from our sliding glass doors from our room, very nice.

The hotel is in the process of being remodeled and it is obvious at one time, it was quite a grand place.

Also, be sure to check out Harry's Seafood & Grille located downtown in the historic district, about 3 miles away. Food and service there is awesome!

The only reason I didn't 5 star the hotel is because the remodeling is still in process!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for staying. It was our pleasure to host you during your last stay to Ocala. I am glad we could accommodate your parking needs. It also made me very happy to read that you enjoyed the room, views, and the changes being made at the hotel. It is our goal to provide the best service we can to all our guests, so if there is anything we can do during your next stay please let the staff or management know. We hope to see you again during your next stay in Ocala.
Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

While I didn't anticipate staying at this hotel, I'm really glad I did. I came late, and at most places have relatively un-enthused night staff. However, the front desk person was really pleasant, upbeat, and friendly. I got checked in quickly and he helped me carry my stuff and it's a lot more than I would have anticipated. The room was clean, organized, and the bed was comfortable. There's free wifi which is awesome, and it was fast enough for me to get everything done. I'll give it extra bonus points because the continental breakfast had waffles and fresh fruit, so...I left feeling completely sated. The quality definitely exceeded the value, and I would recommend this hotel to other passersby.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
shawn b, General Manager at Days Inn Ocala West, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Thank you very much for staying. I am glad you enjoyed the stay. Thank you so very much for the kind words. We have made changes at the hotel and I am very happy that they made your stay more enjoyable. We hope to see you again soon, and if there is anything you need when you are in the Ocala area please let us know.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Room 110 was great. Mini fridge, microwave, tv, clean sheets, extra pillows. The bed was very comfortable. The carper was old, but the room smelled clean. The room was clean. The bathroom very clean. Great pool! Great continental breakfast! Great staff! For what you getting for $50, great value.

• Stayed May 2014
shawn b, General Manager at Days Inn Ocala West, responded to this review, May 17, 2014
Thank you very much for staying. I am happy that you enjoyed the stay. I am sorry to hear about the carpet. We are having all the carpets refinished. As i am typing this all the room carpet and hallway carpets are being professionally shampooed and refinished. We hope to see you again during your next stay in Ocala. Thank you very much fro staying and thank you for your business and review.

Been to Days Inn Ocala West? Share your experiences!