“"The Shining"....” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Ocala West

Save Saved
You added Days Inn Ocala West to your Saves list
Days Inn Ocala West
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3620 West Silver Springs Blvd, Ocala, FL 34475 (Formerly Ocala Hotel)   |
Ranked #22 of 36 hotels in Ocala
Holiday, Florida
“"The Shining"....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

As I drove in the parking lot, I actually wondered if this hotel was still operating..... it looked so dilapidated with no other cars in site...... but upon entering the lobby there was a desk clerk and the price was right (around $50), so I proceeded.
The hotel is very run down, carpets in common areas look like they had not been vacuumed in 3 years, parking lot torn up; but.... my room seemed clean and everything was functioning properly.
As evening fell I noticed there were only three guest cars in the parking lot. What was disturbing for me is that they plopped all the guests right next to each other.... 3 rooms in a row. With the hotel almost entirely vacant, why not spread the people out, for the sake of peace and quiet, instead of putting them in adjacent rooms? Maybe they thought we would be lonely or something.....This did not make sense. The people in the room next to me were talking loudly until midnight and then turned the TV on at 7 am. I heard it all. The was especially maddening because I was actually seeking peace and quiet in my little getaway.
Also, I learned as I was checking in that the pool is not "available"/functioning. I didn't personally care, I did not come here to swim, but it is quite unsightly, covered with green scum.
There is internet but it is exceedingly slow...... Breakfast (included) was fine....
I can't help but think about the movie "The Shining"......... felt uneasy here. Also, this is not a "happening" area of Ocala, only fast food choices in the immediate vicinity. I could not even find anywhere close by to go sit and enjoy a glass of wine......

Room Tip: For me a "good" room is a room away from other people (I need quiet) so, I guess you'd...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

68 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We were looking for a hotel to stay for the night. For some reason, this hotel was not on the WyndhamRewards.com website. I repeat, it was NOT on the WyndhamRewards.com website. I asked the desk clerk why/how this happened, and was told they were not part of their network. Supposedly the Days Inn, Microtel, Baymont Inn, etc. hotels each have to pay Wyndham Rewards to be on their website. I didn't know this, so I guess you learn something new everyday. Anyways, they DID accept the $49.95 coupon (or similar price), so that was appreciated. The roads around the hotel were rough, and the pool area needs cleaning up as well. The carpets were outdated as well. Some good notes... This hotel is huge. There must be 150 to 200 rooms at this Days Inn. I did like the sliding glass doors in each hotel room. I also liked the very spacious breakfast area, as there were were about 50 chairs available. There were also many cereals and breads available. The staff was very friendly as well. I stay at Wyndham Rewards hotels (Days Inn, Microtel, Knights Inn, etc.) up to 30 days a year, so I know what to expect from these hotels.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
St. Petersburg, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Skip it...stay in your car....keep travelling. This place was disgusting. Got stuck with a smoking room...only available at the time of night I arrived. It smelled of sewage. The paint was peeling and the doors rotting. It was hot and humid, the A/C was not on in the room prior to my arrival. It did not work and it was never comfortable.The overall upkeep is horrible. If you look around first, it appears that the hotel is a forclosed property and you are being scammed by squatters.They may have spent some money on the lobby, but don't let it fool you....look around first..You Have Been Warned!! With tax, the room was $75.00, a complete ripoff, this is not even a $35.00 quality hotel. It is just off the interstate (convienent) but has an abondoned hotel property next door....doesen't feel safe. I have just stayed at the Wyndham Jacksonville for $85.00 per night, that hotel I rated 5 stars!! On checkout I advised the desk clerk of the A/C issue at which he grunted with indifference. Wish I could rate it even lower. I am a rewards point member with this hotel group and I plan to write a letter to the corporate offices as this could not possibly meet the corporate franchising standards of Days Inn. Shameful! One thing positive, the night staff was friendly. I hope she has some honor and finds a job somewhere better.

Room Tip: First, you don't need a room badly enough to stay here. Second,always check the trip advisor fir...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Bonita Springs, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

killed a seven inch spider in both rooms my family stayed in.Had wifes medications (4) bottles and all stolen by hotel staff cleaning crew.run, do not stay here...ever. bad bad days inn!

Room Tip: not here.do not stay here..
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Cape Coral, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Nothing nice to say about this hotel. It's old but in this day you can make an old property presentable! Had a 2 night reservation but quickly checked out the first morning. If we hadn't checked in after 11 pm we would have gone to the Hampton Inn where we ended up staying the 2nd night!

--Very dirty carpet--did not even take my shoes off
--Stale smelling, dusty just plain nasty!!
--Air conditioner did not work-cut off in the middle of the night, came back on and cut off again in the morning while trying to get ready to leave--temp outside in the 90's so you can imagine!
--old thin towels-stained and thread bare from bleach
--air conditioner ready to fall from the wall--mold evident in the cracks
--stained walls
--very uncomfortable bed with NO matress cover
--unsavorie characters hanging around--did not appear safe at all
--hotel doors leading into the hallways not locked
--almost true Continental breakfast--old looking cheap pastry, milk(setting on counter was not iced)--cockroach belly up on the carpet--DID NOT eat after seeing all of this!!

Room Tip: Keep driving bye!! Never again at Day's Inn!! Good back in the 70's but not now!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

Stayed hear for the HITS in Ocala. Very cheap rate, but what a worn down old hotel. The people were nice, but I did have a little trouble one night getting more towels.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Durham, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

Came up from Sarasota for a convention the next day. I just needed a nice & safe place to crash and go. Holy Crime Wave, Batman! The Days Inn is NOTHING as pictured. The property is in very poor condition. Overgrown grass, peeling paint, secured exterior doors propped open and people coming / going from a dark tinted Cadillac Esclade parked in the very back of the property. No security cameras outside that I could see. ( I used to work security for a major retailer. Hard Lines 4 , anyone?)

Next door, the property is an abandoned hotel where broken windows and gang style "tags" adorned the building. The fence between the two properties is broken in several places. That property has broken doors, broken windows and a strip of security tape that completed the picture for me. I bailed out and will probably lose my money (the booking website has yet to respond) but staying next to a crack den is not cheap compared to my car insurance $500 DEDUCTABLE!

Room Tip: Crack den to the east. Very poorly lit & isolated parking lot to the south.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo

Been to Days Inn Ocala West? Share your experiences!