“Great location in Ocala off I-75” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn a $50 Gift Card
Ranked #13 of 36 hotels in Ocala
Lakewood, Ohio
“Great location in Ocala off I-75”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

This was a very nice spot to stay while visiting a friend in The Villages, even though a little farther away than I expected - but it wasn't as expensive as staying closer would have been. And we visited two other over 55 places just outside of Ocala on the way. Clean and comfortable with a good breakfast in the pool house - but the pool itself was in a very noisy location right next to the highway.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

124 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Allentown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

This place is very nice and very clean. The staff is very friendly & helpful! The continental breakfast was a plus to start our days. We have stayed here a couple times and look forward to our next visit! A great place to stay!

• Stayed May 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

This Best Western was a 4 story hotel, inside corridors w/elevator. Extremely clean and comfortable, w/very comfortable beds. Room had micro and small refrig. We had a coupon from one of the rest areas and usually you get a bad room or they tell you none are available, but not the case w/the 2 Best Westerns we stayed in. It had been over 30 years since we stayed in a Best Western because they let them run down and the quality was not there. These are not luxury hotels, but for a one night stay it was perfect, but would have stayed more if was needed, very comfortable. The 4th floor smelled like stale smoke even though the whole hotel was suppose to be smoke free. Don't know what was going on there.
Had a great breakfast in the morning w/ all the usual items but also had sausage and eggs and the hot waffles. The breakfast was served in the pool house which was redone for the breakfast dining, very large so there was room for everyone. The only problem was we had to ask when and where the breakfast was. This information was not readily available thru the desk or signage. Don't know if they didn't want you to eat or just forgot.

Room Tip: Not the 4th floor, smells like smoke.
Niagara Falls, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Love this hotel - my favorite Best Western and partially because stopping here means I am on my way to sunshine. Great hotel and great value especially with all the over priced other hotels in the area. I will always plan my trip to Florida to be able to stay here. Thank you again for a wonderful stay, sleep and friendly service to tired travellers.

Pisgah Forest, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Over the weekend and for the first half of this week we were lucky enough to grab a room here. That was all good and well, it's a great place to stay in relation to our relatives who live right down the road from it. Well, the first night was perfectly fine, everyone was friendly and they we were initially received well. By the second day, however things changed. Over our first night my mother had left a clear cut on the nightstand between the beds and when we woke up it was riddled with ants. They were simple little sugar ants no bigger than the tip of a pen and we weren't to terribly bothered by it, we simply let them know at the front desk and we were told that while we were gone for the day they would take care of it. When we returned later that night the area where the ants were, around the nightstand, hadn't been touched. Okay, that was fine, we let them know again the next day and we proceeded to go to our relatives house. Nothing had been done by the time we returned. We found out by asking the receptionist if they had sprayed in our room, 309. The security guard proceeded to come up a few minutes after us to our room with a can of either hot shot or raid and sprayed where we had encountered them. That was fine, however the next day when they came to clean our room and my husband asked them for a moment the head cleaning lady proceeded to tell us that our room was nasty and because we weren't letting them clean it daily we were the reason the ants were there. Well that didn't settle right with us considering we had only been there 4 days and we had let them clean 2 of those four days (every other day) we had taken our trash out each day and gotten clean bags and everything. After that she proceeded to tell us that the 12 pack of soda we had on the floor (unopened) was the reasons were int he room as well, that we had attracted them to our cases of soda. No, that wasn't it, they were unopened cans, the ants weren't ever around them. After that she told us that we had 10 minutes to get out of the room so that they could clean under the managers orders. I raced to get dressed and we got out of the room like they asked and let them clean.That wasn't our first encounter with a rude worker either.

The third night we stayed at the hotel one of our key cards stopped working. My mother (having just had knee surgery) was in the room resting and my husband and Myself came to the desk and alerted the receptionist of the problem, she took both of the key cards and asked for identification. I asked her if it needed to be the one the room was under. At that point her friendly attitude took a huge dive. She proceeded to tell me yes in a very assertive tone. I told her alright and my husband proceeded to ask if my mother could get the card later and explained about her knee. At that point she kept her eyes on the desk and in a very irritated manner said 'I guess' At that point I pointed out she had taken both cards and that we wouldn't be able to get back into the room and my husband kindly asked about our card. At that point she proceeded to glare at us and tell us the company policy but not in a friendly manner. She raised her voice and told us that she wasn't allowed to do it and proceeded, in an accusing tone that for all she knew we had picked our key cards up in the parking lot. I understand her refusal to return the cards and I understand the policy but her attitude was horrible. At this point I asked my husband to go up to the room and get my mom, the moment my mom stepped from the elevator her knee bruised and swollen the receptionist suddenly became incredibly friendly and joking. So with the receptionist and the head of cleaning showing us rude attitudes my mother turned her attention to the manager and brought up the situation. At this point he refused to look my mom in the eye and he then began to talk down to her telling her that because we went through priceline to get our room and that she didn't physically pay for the room there was nothing he was actually responsible for. That's alright, we weren't looking for a free night or any form of financial compensation. We were actually just intending to alert him to his employees disrespectful behavior and because of this we can safely say we will NEVER stay at this hotel again.

The icing on the cake would have to be the horrible beds. The mattress is indeed hard as a rock and it's incredibly uncomfortable to lay on but it is tolerable. I just hope that if you intend to stay you like firm beds.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Plainwell, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

We use this hotel multiple times a year vacationing. For our 20th wedding anniversary and our first trip without our kids we chose a more expensive resort on the ocean. It was the biggest mistake I have ever made. We are not the beer bonging spring break type and the resort (while lovely visually) was not the place for us, even after I grilled the clerk with questions, as this was not what we were looking for. We paid 4 digits to stay hidden in our rooms and after a dog attack we finally left retreating back to Best Western in Ocala to attempt to enjoy the few days we had left and THAT WE DID! The ocean waves must wash away politeness, because the more inland you travel the more polite and caring people you encounter. The hotel accomadations couldn't have been more and the staff absolutely outstanding! The area has all you could need. And the lack of ocean is hardly missed when replaced by the politeness of the Best Western staff and local area!!!!!

Bradenton, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I have stayed here before because of the location. I was never impressed. this time we asked for a one bed instead of two and got a couch and a lovely table and chair and I was truly impressed.
we were very comfortable and it was just a very nice stay. the internet worked well. lots of tv channels refrig and microwave all the comforts of home.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN Ocala Park Centre? Share your experiences!