“Do expect much but a bed in a box here.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Value Place Silver Springs

Save Saved
You added Value Place Silver Springs to your Saves list
Value Place Silver Springs
4120 E Silver Springs Blvd, Silver Springs Blvd. & 36th Ave., Ocala, FL 34470   |
Ranked #18 of 36 hotels in Ocala
“Do expect much but a bed in a box here.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012 via mobile

Our room had 2 double beds, one night stand and no lamps in the room at all. The 2 lights one of which worked only controlled all the lights in the room- so it was either dark or bright. The 2 bathroom switches only the light worked not the fan. The beds were not very comfortable and the bathroom had no room for anything other than towels and a small bag. Cleanliness was lacking. This is NOT an upscale hotel by anyway means it is a 'cheap' pla e to stay. The premise seemed to be secure.

• Stayed June 2012

21 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

Me & my husband stayed at value place for 1 week I loved everything about the hotel the manager was beyonnnnnnnd helpful very very respectful & knows just how to resolve discrepancies efficiently.....Ann the manager & melissa the receptionist & cassie the housekeeping personnel & paul the maintenance man which is more like a foreman....Now the safety attendant on the other hand was very very very very very very impertinent he defames your character in front of other guests there was a tall very handsome nice gentleman who simply inquired a re key??? I am under the implication he was trying to ask the safety attendant to redo his key & the safety attendant said hey jim or tim I forget what name he used to call him but he said this guy is such a pain in my [--] ........I think it was very unprofessional as well as unethical of his statements towards other guests attempting to resolve a discrepancy which to my understanding is his job...... and I feel as a new guest criticism is NOT in his job title.... The safety attendant was also very impertinent to me & my husband as well & I just paid for a room he was nice until I paid him then it was like he turned cocky excuse my language....Me & my husband checked out & will NEVER EVER go back until they have a new safety attendant

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
LIPgdyer, Public Relations Manager at Value Place Silver Springs, responded to this review, May 31, 2012
Dear Value Place Guest,

Thank you for taking time to tell us about your experiences at our property. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Value Place, we strive to ensure each and every guest experience is satisfying. Please know that we are taking your feedback to heart, and we are taking the appropriate measures to address the issue promptly.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

My stay with value place has been a singular exoperience in hospitality since all staff members performed their duties above and beyond my expectations.Of special mention is Melissa and Ann who have made my stay very comfortable and a feeling of a home away from home.The cleaning staff were all very competent and efficient and the general help and handymen always helpful and courteous.I cannot have felt more comfortable were I in my own home.Highly recommend for anyone looking for a clean afforable place to spend time

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
LIPgdyer, Public Relations Manager at Value Place Silver Springs, responded to this review, March 29, 2012
Dear Value Place Guest,

Thank you for posting a review of your experience at our property. Your feedback is very much appreciated, and I assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests.

Again, thanks for taking the time and have a great day!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

If you're traveling on business, or relocating due to a business transfer, stay away! The walls are paper-thin, and the noise levels are unbearable. The high-speed Internet is $10 per week and slower than dial-up. In fact, it was "upgraded" while I was there, and became even slower. The staff is great, but will not address the noise issues. In fact, when I complained that the guests in the room above me stomped from 5:00 a.m. until 10:00 p.m. every day, a desk clerk told me it was an ederly couple (not funny!). Actually, the previous review by HotelMagReviewer hits the nail on the head!...It was what I would imagine Section 8 housing is like.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Dear Value Place Guest,

Again, thanks for taking the time and have a great day!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2011

This Value Place has a staff that is !00% above board. They are friendly, helpful, propmt to address any need, and very courteous. The cleaning and maintainence staff keep the property looking sharp and clean all the time. I would highly recommend this Value Place to any traveler to the Silver Springs area.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2011

Overall it is a great place to stay. The rooms are clean and well kept, and the building is totally secured. The staff are very nice and willing to help with all your needs.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2011

The noise from the road is very loud and it is a flimsy building with little insulation. Many of the residents live here permanently. Value Place Ocala seems like a cross between section 8 housing and some kind of quasi institution/shelter/halfway house for those preparing to rejoin society but are still quite adverserial with hostile attitudes and no personal boundaries. They give the clear impression that they want their own kind there and not temporary business travelers or snowbirds and would prefer you to leave. All night door slamming, banging, shouting and rudeness seems to be common place. Staff are friendly but claim to be unable to manage the personalties or behavior of the permanents. Don't expect any sleep or peace. Internet is too slow to use properly. Very unfortunate situation for the unsuspecting business or vacation travelers expecting a pleasant stay.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business

Been to Value Place Silver Springs? Share your experiences!