“Nice stay” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Columbus, GA
“Nice stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

We only stayed here one night but we were pleased. The king suite with the sofa bed met our needs just fine. The facility was clean and well maintained. The a/c in the living room was a little loud but tolerable.
This was a large size room with a huge bathroom we really liked.
The breakfast area didn't have enough seating and they could use a second waffle maker, but the quality of the food and the cleanliness of the area was excellent.
The hotel staff were friendly and helpful.
I will stay here again if I am in the area.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

This was my 4th stay at the Ocala Homewood Suites over a 3 year period, but somehow, the warmth seems to have gone from this property. I hope it was just my perception after a long tiring day on a somewhat somber trip..but I did not feel that I got personalized service or that anyone knew or cared that I was a repeat guest. I'm still giving this hotel a Very Good review because everyone deserves a second chance. I"ll give this hotel one. Hopefully I will once again notice smiles everywhere and friendly attitudes as in the past.
Some Pros I must mention: Mayra in the restaurant was great. The food was really good also both at breakfast and at the evening dinner. The hot tub was a perfect temperature, not too hot but not lukewarm like many hotels' hot tubs seem to be.
The hotel is well built and quiet, centrally located, and lovely decor.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We've stayed in quite a few places in Ocala over the years; this is probably the best for value, comfort and cleanliness. The location is close to I-75 for travelers. Our most recent room was a generous size "suite" with sitting room, small kitchen (but with fridge, stove, dishwasher, sink, pots and pans, etc) large bedroom and enormous bathroom. Comfortable digs for a couple with or without kids and would be a good base for exploring as the kitchen would come in handy for extended stay. Staff is terrific and very helpful. Rooms are quiet. Two large TV's. Only (minor) problem is that the carpet needs to be cleaned.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Tallahassee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Just spent one night in room 400 with my family (3 of us total). The room felt brand new. Super clean with an awesomely fresh clean smell the minute we walked in. I felt like we had to best room in the house. Quiet, spacious, comfortable. Big screen TVs in both the living room & bedroom with good channel selections. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The pool and adjacent basketball court was a nice change from the average hotel. Walking distance (across the street) to Dillards dept. store where we found some great bargains! The full size kitchen was nice although we only used the fridge. The mini coffee pot could have been and hopefully was replaced as it only brewed 1 and a half cups of coffee then could not get it to brew again. Oh well, the full breakfast downstairs made up for this. And not too many places offer three varieties of flavored coffee creamer! Thank you! The scrambled eggs (plain) were fresh and hot. Didn't care too much for the other variety w/ sausage and not sure what was in it. Stick w/ the plain! Enjoyed the fresh tasting OJ w/ pulp and the guava juice. Also available was apple juice & ice water. Could have had more cereal variety for the kids (only saw corn flakes and raisin bran which most kids could care less about) Fresh apples were available. Did not see bananas which I would have liked. The self serve waffles kept the crowds waiting. Overall enjoyed the breakfast. Upon closer inspection did notice the hall carpeting looked as if it could stand a deep cleaning soon. We will definitely return here again!

Room Tip: rooms 400 & 401 (top floor) are the only rooms on that hallway. Close to elevators but extremely...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

On our way to siesta key from Indianapolis we stopped here great price and very nice rooms woke up to late for breakfast but they still had coffee! The front desk was very helpful (we checked in 9-8-12) around 1130 they only thing is that the gps got us lost but if you call them they have a different address that gets you right to them !

• Stayed September 2012
Seminole, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

I spent two nights at this Homewood Suites hotel and I was surprised! The rooms are beautiful. Very peaceful setting.The price was fantastic and the service was first class. The room was exceptionally clean, the pool area was very nice. The only thing they need to do is change out the carpet in the hallways. I will be back!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
St. Petersburg, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

I have been a Hilton Diamond Member, their top membership level, for over 20 years and have stayed at quite a few Homewood Suites as I like having a kitchen, living room and separate bedroom. I booked a one bedroom suite at this property via the web and was confirmed for such. The morning of my arrival I even called to ask that they pre-block a one bedroom suite for me on the very top floor, end of hall away from other guest rooms and with no connecting door to the adjacent guest room. I travel a lot and hate to hear people noise. They said no problem.

After checking in we went to our room. It was on the very top floor, as requested, but it was a studio (one big room) not a one bedroom suite as I reserved and paid for. Of course we were far away from the front desk. I made my way back to get another room. Had a long trek back to it only to find that it had a connecting door to the room next to us. Took three times to finally get the right room which was not located where I requested but was tired of room jumping by then. They were always very apologetic but I just could not comprehend why all the problems when they knew, before our arrival, the type room and location we wanted.

I noticed in the first two rooms that there was only one chair at the kitchen table / desk. Very odd as where is the second person going to sit to eat? One of the reasons one stays at a Homewood Suites is the convenience of cooking and eating in. Luckily the room we ended up with had 2 chairs.

Compared to other Homewood Suites, this one is very disappointing. It is very clean but does not have comfortable rooms. They are quite "compact", have the smallest TVs I have ever seen in a hotel room, and the A/C makes it VERY uncomfortable whether you are in the living room or trying to sleep in the bedroom. Also, the bathroom vanity is outside the the room with toilet / tub and how it is placed, you can't avoid bothering your partner still in bed if you want to use the vanity. The light shines right in their face.

The A/C is not central. They are units under the window in the Living Room and under the window in the Bedroom. You can control them by thermostats on the wall. But they blow directly on you when sitting on the couch or lying in bed. I now feel like I am coming down with a cold from it blowing on me all night.

The breakfast buffet offerings were not as extensive as other Homewood Suites and the eggs were overcooked and dried out.

We were supposed to stay 2 nights. We left after one.

I still love Homewood Suites, but would NEVER come back to this one.

Room Tip: Book a room at another hotel.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Homewood Suites Ocala at Heath Brook? Share your experiences!