“Very Nice!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Central Florida
“Very Nice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2008

My husband surprised me after dinner, with this hotel. It's actually IN TOWN, so it was a nice "get away" but we were still local. This place was wonderful! The staff was super great, the hotel was super clean ... and the indoor heated pool was a nice touch for the evening after dinner. The hotel was VERY clean and the staff was extremely attentive and friendly. Definitely reccomend this place and if my husband ever wants to surprise me again, I would love to stay there!

Stayed August 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Charleston, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2008

We stayed here for one night as a stop to visit family. The hotel was brand new. The rooms and common areas were very nice. There was free wireless in the rooms.

There is not a lot to do within walking distance (other than a diner type restaurant and a sports bar/grill) but it was right off the highway (Route 75). The hotel had free continental breakfast which did tend to get crowded but had a good amount of food variety. The pool was heated and was fairly large. The staff was helpful and professional. I would stay here again if in the area.

• Liked — Brand new, good for families
  • Disliked — Few places to eat in walking distance but close by via car there were many options
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2008

New hotel, nice staff. Very nice breakfast. One review did comment on area. Safety. I agree. The locked entrance at night was reassuring. We did walk to local sports restaurant (very nice, good drink prices!) but was unsure of walk back in dark. Called a cab ($5) & was confirmed some of the area is not safe. Did see police at hotel one day but unaware of any problems. Many horse owners staying there using washers for horse blankets etc. Would have been nice to have separate machines. Would return. Nice place.

• Liked — quite, good price.
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Villanova,PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2008

I was participating in a large competition nearby. The hotel staff was excellent assisting me in making arrangements. The hotel was new, extremely clean and surprisingly quiet given the close proximity to the highway. The staff tripped over themselves to assist
me with various tasks. The rooms were large, clean and very nice considering it is not a resort. The pillows were great. the bath smelled so fresh and clean after the room was cleaned. I was extremely happy with my stay (a few weeks).
I traveled alone and I felt very safe in the hotel. The doors have an excellent safety latch Ive never seen before that provides excellent security. The only down side.....I would avoid the gas station nearby (I was approached for money) and be mindful of your surroundings .

I felt very safe in the front part of the hotel parking lot and in the hotel itself.

Avoid the tourist trap restaurant 'SKY". It was a total rip off. My entree was ok but I paid 8 dollars for "fried rice" side dish.It wasn't fried and the portion was about a cup and one half. We had reservations made 10 days before we arrived which they totally disregarded. We waited over an hour with a party of nine. No soft drinks, cocktails were offered.They tried to handle me and all used the same line to stall. One dish came out over 40 minutes late after 8 of our guests were served. It was cold . If you want to be ripped off go there. The food is ok but it was not worth it . The crowds are large so they dont care how they treat you at the reception area. The front staff were idiots and completely apathetic. You can tell they dont care if you ever return. I felt sick for two days after eating the orange "beef". I pray all alley cats are accounted for!

• Liked — safe clean comfortable..home away form home
  • Disliked — the surrounding area questionable
  • Stayed February 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2008

This place was a nice surprise! We were told it was fairly new; front desk was pleasant and professional. Our room was clean; king size bed extremely comfortable, good pillows. Right off I-75 access. A basic continental breakfast, but also had waffles available when we were there. 2 exits south is the "main" drag to Ocala, where you can get to more restaurants, Paddock shopping Mall, and a theater. Also available, internet access in room and a small "snack" store by front desk.

Stayed January 2008
Beech Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2008

This is a very new and nice hotel. Aways the service was excellent and the continental breakfast was great with a variety of offerings! Will definately stay again when in the area!

• Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Bethesda, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2008

I stayed here for more than a week on business and found the lobby and room to be immaculate, quiet, and comfortable. There is plenty of free parking, the high speed wireless internet is included in the room rate (and my connection was excellent), and the free buffet breakfast was pretty good (I'm not much of a breakfast eater but I had waffles a couple of times.) My room had two queen sized beds (very comfortable, a couch, a desk, and a bureau with a TV. The room itself was huge for a budget hotel.

The room had a fridge, freezer, and microwave, and there's a supermarket right up the street so I had a couple of meals in the room. Otherwise, there are plenty of nearby restaurants. Big Apple Eatery was pretty good for delivery.

The staff were friendly and polite, there's a coin op laundry on the second floor, and a place to purchase stuff like laundry soap and snacks at the lobby.

I'll stay here again if business brings me back to the Ocala area.

• Liked — Cleanliness, price
  • Disliked — View of the highway, although no noise
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Comfort Suites Ocala? Share your experiences!