I have stayed at this fairly new property three times, once alone and once with my family of 5. We have always had an excellent experience. The rooms are very clean and really capture the traditional atmosphere of Florida in their decor Despite traveling on Priority Club points I've always been able to upgrade to a suite, which has plenty of space for everybody. The staff has always been attentive and friendly to the kids, even the time they were all over-tired and misbehaving at breakfast. They encourage them to see how many frogs they can find in the common areas on the ground floor. They love the big outdoor swimming pool and I've used the small exercise room. The two suites and the King I have stayed in have had microwaves and sizeable compact refrigerators.
My Grandparents live in the Ocala area and we use this hotel as our base when we come to visit them. It's convenient for day trips to the attractions in the Orlando and Tampa areas which are about an hour and a half away. We also have visited Silver Springs and the local horse farms, all within 1/2 hour of this property. There is plenty of shopping for anything you'd need on a vacation trip within a few minutes' drive. In addition to the restaurant on the property there is fast food and a convenience store within walking distance.
Two things keep me from giving this property a full 5-star rating. While the green paint used in the guest rooms at night, the touch up paint used is not quite the same color. Hotel rooms have to be touched up often, just like a house, but the color being off really makes it look a little shabby. The hotel has signs in the bathroom of the guest rooms asking you not to use your room towels at the pool, and that towels are available there. That's not the case, in reality you have to pick them up and actually sign a form at the front desk to get a pool or exercise room towel. In addition to being inconvenient, this policy makes guests feel like they're not being trusted. There are paper towels available to wipe off with in the exercise room, which is inadequate. I realize theft of towels is a problem at hotels but to some extent it's a cost of doing business that in my opinion is not worth inconveniencing honest guests- who surely make up the vast majority. One other small thing is that the signage to the hotel from Route 200 could be clearer. It's easily missed by first time guests.
All in all, though, we'll definitely continue coming back. With familly living in town, I've stayed at many hotels in Ocala and this is the best of them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the most incredible Holiday Inn & Suites in Florida! Our 6-story atrium lobby hotel is packed with amenities and features seldom found at any hotel. With Tempur-pedic beds in every room and a world class style your stay in Ocala is sure to be the best possible. Make sure to dine at one of our two restaurants or bars, including SKY ASIAN FUSION, winner of the 2010, 2011 and 2012 Golden Spoon Award. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites - Ocala Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Hotel And Suites - Ocala Conference Center
- Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites - Ocala Ocala
- Holiday Inn Ocala
- Ocala Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Hotel Ocala