“Very enjoyable stay!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites - Ocala Conference Center

You added Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites - Ocala Conference Center to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites - Ocala Conference Center
GreenLeadersBronze level
Arlington VA
“Very enjoyable stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

We were here on a visit for five days to see my father-in-law in the hospital. We arrived at the hotel without a reservation on a Wednesday night. The two young ladies at the front desk were extremely friendly, and warm. The lobby area is nice, with an inviting, fresh smell and was relaxing. There is a large seating area with very cool decorations and different types of seats, two large screen TVs showing the news. I liked that! When you check-in they give a you small box with two bottles of water, various coupons for discounts in the restaurant as well as the bar, and the complimentary internet code. The room rate supposedly included breakfast for one, but in reality it was only a coupon for five dollars off the breakfast menu. However, the menu prices are reasonable and the quality is good. I was very impressed with the room - it was quiet large with two queen size bed, a nice sizes fridge, a microwave, a large desk and plenty of drawers. It was very clean, looked newly renovated, and the A/C was not noisy. I loved the bathroom amenities as there were enough towels/washcloths and the shampoo smelled very good - it seemed like it was some sort of green tea concoction! Also the cleaning of the room was very well done and they really do a great job. Unfortunately I was not able to use the pool, but it is a nice size. The fitness room was a little bit small though. I would definitely come back! The front office staff makes you feel at home by recognizing you and calling you by your last name when they see you. Oh Great location for shopping too!

Room Tip: We were in room 521
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
GMOcala, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites - Ocala Conference Center, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Knowing that we have served you well brings us great joy. Thank you for sharing to us your entire hotel experience. We indeed make it a point to always attend to the needs of our guests to the best of our abilities to give them a pleasant experience to remember. The very positive feedback you gave us regarding our hotel accommodation, the facilities and amenities offered, as well as our very reliable staff members truly makes us beyond happy. Thank you for motivating us to do so much more to give our guests the best service they deserve. We hope to serve you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Cortland, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

Our family stayed at this Holiday Inn on our recent visit with Ocala family. While we were met with beautiful facilities, we quickly found some oddities. Our first night was almost sleepless as the air conditioning unit sounded like a truck engine running every time it turned on throughout the night. Our queen suite was only supplied with three sets of towels, which were replaced the next day again with only three sets of towels. Apparently they don't notice making up the two queen beds and the pulled out sleeper sofa - ? And be careful when turning on that bathroom faucet, just a little in the wrong direction produces scalding water. As a result of no outside trash receptacles, the inside cans near the elevator overflowed. We weren't impressed with the highly-acclaimed Tempurpedic mattresses either. Overall, while the appeal was above average, the experience lacked.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
GMOcala, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites - Ocala Conference Center, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Your insightful feedback regarding your hotel experience is very much appreciated by us. Thank you for making the effort to bring your concerns to our attention. We however apologize if you found your stay uncomfortable; rest assured that the issue regarding our hotel room facilities and the lack of towels as well as the cleanliness will be taken into great consideration so that we may correct and improve the delivery of our services to meet our guest’s satisfaction in the future. We do hope that you’d reconsider visiting us again.
Franklin, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I decided to give this Hotel another try since I have to admit it's truly the nicest looking HI I have ever seen. The beds are amazing, so I brought my family back and decided to give it another try. I will admit it took several weeks of phone calls and the review to get my situation resolved last time but they did correct it. As for this stay, I can tell you it was fantastic. So if you are in Ocala, this is the nicest property here.

Room Tip: Book ahead of time, last minute prices are not always the best
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
GMOcala, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites - Ocala Conference Center, responded to this review, March 31, 2013
We certainly appreciate the loyalty of our customers, and it gives us much joy to know that we were able to give you a pleasant experience while staying with us. Thank you for inspiring us to work harder in giving our valued guests the best service they deserve. It is our goal to make your stay a memorable one. We look forward to serving you again very soon.
North Wilkesboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This hotel is far more than the normal Holiday Inn. When you walk in the front door you are greated by the front desk. The lobby is just amazing, with an Asian touch. I can't explain it in words to do it justice. I spend about 100 nights a year in hotels, and this place is possibly the nicest one I have stayed in. Absolutely top five. There is a restaurant /bar on the sixth floor. I did not eat there but it was really nice. There is no continental breakfast included, but you can order off the menu. The room was wonderful, very nice, with a memory foam Temperphudic mattress, it was great. Very comfortable. Everything in the room worked fine, no problems at all. The water was hot in seconds. I read some of the other reviews, and I had none of the issues that these people described. I know there will be issues at most places you go, but I encountered none. The front desk staff was courteous and professional. Very prompt to get you checked in. Easy on and off of I-75. Plenty of places to eat at close by, if you choose not to eat at the in house restaurant. I stayed here on my recent business trip. I had to call for a reservation. They couldn't find my company information. So I had to talk with the manager. She was quick to get everything straightened out. Thanks Rashima, you are the best. So If want a place to stay on your way to central Florida, or just passing thru, I highly reccomend this Holiday Inn. I need to be back in the area next week. I will definitely stay here.

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad room. But I always try to get a high floor away from elevator,ice/v...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
GMOcala, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites - Ocala Conference Center, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
We sincerely appreciate the time you took to write us your wonderful feedback. We are more than happy to know that we have made your experience a comfortable one. The positive remarks pertaining to our hotel staff services and amenities has greatly motivated us to do so much more for our valued guests to deliver the best service they deserve. We thank you for your recommendation and we look forward to be of service to you again next week.
Medford, Massachusetts, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Shortly after a major snowstorm in New England, I had spent half the day shoveling, so after my long trip to Florida, I was eager to try the indoor hot tub, provided by the hotel. Much to my dismay, the hot tub was unavailable, due to a reconstruction issue.

Seeing the disappointment in my face, the front dest manager offered an upgrade, to a room with a hot tub, for about $25 more a day. Although it was stretching the budget, I did take the room. They give you a gift box with two bottles of water and some cookies, a nice gesture.

Inside, the hotel lobby is dimly lit, but with a beautiful Asian decor. Comfortable seating, dramatic lights, a large bed hanging in front of the TV, a see-thru elevator, accomodating 6 floors of rooms.

The room was painted in a bright turquoise, soft brown and white bedding with botanical prints on the walls. An unusual and welcoming combination for a hotel. The room came with a refrigerator, microwave and coffeemaker. There was a desk and my hot tub, although the jets were weak, it still felt good. It was nice to enjoy the hot tub, in the privacy of my own room.

The mattress was a Tempepedic and wonderfully comfortable. The air-conditioning, however, was another story. All through the night, it ran on high, making the room too cold to sleep. I called the front desk and they told me that it was only controlled by the thermostat on the wall. Still, I could not get the fan to turn to low. Frustrated, I fixed it by turning it off completely. But that meant that there was no air flow during the night.

In the morning, as I awoke at 6AM, I got ready for my shower. After running the water for 10 minutes, it was only lukewarm and the pressure was soft. I informed the front desk and they sent a handy man up at 9AM. By that time the water temps were better. The second day, the temps were still warm, but my the third day, everything was fine.

Breakfast is not included in the hotel room rate, but it should be. The meal was tasty and hot, much better fare than the hotels that serve food buffet style. It was a bit expensive to do every day, the lighting too dark to read the newspaper. I didn't get the chance to try out the in house Asian Fusion restaurant, so I can't offer an opinion.

All in all, I would try this hotel again, hoping the reconstruction of the hot tub is complete and they have worked out the kinks in the air conditioning and shower. The staff was accomodating and pleasant.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
GMOcala, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites - Ocala Conference Center, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for sharing to us your very detailed feedback. It gives us great joy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us, and has even expressed a desire to visit us again. We apologize for the maintenance issues, rest assured that we will deliver a far better service the next time you stay with us. We appreciate the positive remarks you said regarding our hotel staff services as well as our room facilities and the meal served. We will work harder to iron out the deficiencies and provide you an excellent experience. We look forward to serving you again soon.
Ocala, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Stayed for a night and never had to leave the building. 6th floor room so even the restaurant was just down the hall. Excellent in-hotel restaurant and very nice lobby/entrance. Would've liked a clock/radio with an iPod connection so I could have music options and would def like a bar of soap for both the sink/shower, but other than that loved the place and would def go back again.

Room Tip: 6th floor (top) was great.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
We appreciate the time you took to write us your feedback. It brings us great joy to know that you had a pleasant experience while staying with us. We aim to give you a far better experience and address the minor concerns that you raised should you choose to stay with us again soon. We look forward to be of service to you again.
Eatonton, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

The hotel is a modern asian decor and convenient to I-75,shopping and restaurants. The staff is helpful and friendly. The bed was comforable and the room was large with a microwave, mini refrig, wet bar, and plenty of cabinets with a few paper goods for convenience. The separate living room has a sofa bed, dresser and TV - it's like having a 2 bedroom 1 bath apartment. My suite had some maintenance issues though. It took a long time for the hot water to come up, the toilet was stopped up, but maintenance responded promptly, the paint job was sloppy, the bedroom ceiling was water damaged, and only one bar of soap was left, which was awkward to share between the shower and sink. The shower was a walk-in/around the corner that didn't need a door or curtain, but the entrance floor (dry-off area) was very spongy and I could hear water squishing underneath. It would be nice to have towel hooks in this area. The bathroom door opens in and was always in the way. The coffee and supplies were not replenished and the coffee pot was not cleaned daily. Breakfast is not available until 7AM, but there is a pantry. Unfortunately, they do not sell yogurt or cereal and I woke up the desk clerk at 5 AM when I went to purchase something to eat. I was told the fitness center was open 24 hours, but when I went to use it at 4:45 AM it was locked. The desk clerk was getting off the elevator and opened it for me, but told me it didn't open until 6AM. It was sparsely furnished as it was a temporary location while remodeling. I hope they add new equipment to the new location, as the current equipment is old. Room service was prompt, but the menu included some unusual items and is mostly aisian foods. Newspapers are not deliverd to the room, but are at the front desk. I don't think there are many really nice hotels in Ocala, and this is probably the best for the area.

Room Tip: Rooms ending in 02 are at end of hall and near elevator
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
GMOcala, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites - Ocala Conference Center, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing this detailed and wonderful feedback. Our customer voice is a lot important to us. We learn from our customers and we always strive hard to provide impeccable service and great accommodation. We admit that we have opportunities to improve and we are happy that you have brought this up to our attention. This will serve as a great help for us to provide services like no other hotels can offer. We are looking forward to serving you again in the future.

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites - Ocala Conference Center? Share your experiences!