“Scam on point package” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites - Ocala Conference Center

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites - Ocala Conference Center to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites - Ocala Conference Center
GreenLeadersBronze level
Franklin, North Carolina
“Scam on point package”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I checked in on the 8th of December, and upon checking in I discussed the package I selected to clarify the details. The desk clerk confirmed the package deal of 5000 points per night, plus bonus points. I specifically asked if this was going to update for each day and not for the combined three day stay. I told him if need be I would check out each night and change hotels since there were 3 in Ocala to make sure I would not lose the per night points promised. I was assured that this would not be necessary and I changed my rate from Government to the package rate which was significantly higher to get this deal. Since checking out I have not been able to get my points promised, and have spoken to 3 different CSR's which hardly spoke clear English and when I requested to speak to someone else on 2 of these occasions I was hung up on. I am Diamond, and top tier at two other chains but chose to have my people use HI to build up their points with another chain since we all spend nearly 200 nights per year in a hotel. I am now considering pulling all my reps and forbidding them to use HI on future stays. That adds up to about 1200 paid nights per year on average because I have no time for games.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
jaswartz, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites - Ocala Conference Center, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
I would first like to thank you for choosing to stay with the Holiday Inn & Suites – Ocala Conference Center. My apologies to you that you felt that the bonus Priority Club Points Package was a scam and that you were apparently given inaccurate information at the front desk during check in.

However, I am pleased that we were able to resolve your situation by awarding you the additional points that were in question and I hope you will continue to utilize all Holiday Inn’s and the programs they offer.

212 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

Wow! When u walk in u think u r not in a Holiday Inn. The lobby is amazing and we had booked a suite and was amazed at how nice it was. We needed extra towels and they were up to our room before we turned around. The beds are awesome.

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you so much for your very kind review of our hotel! Our huge lobby is always a grand entrance for guests whom haven’t stayed with us before and also a place where guests just like to sit and relax. Thank you for also noticing our wonderful and timely service and our spacious suites that we offer, especially our 6th floor Corner Balcony and Executive Suites.

Your business was very much appreciated and we welcome you back anytime.
Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

This is the nicest Holiday Inn we have visited. Very well decorated. Rooms were clean and comfortable. I believe the beds are Tempurpedic mattresses. Very good nights sleep. Free internet in room. Quiet. Shower was very hot and strong pressure. We were on the 5th floor. Visit Sky Asian Fusion on the 6th floor. (see my review) Great place to eat. (FYI-we pricelined this hotel and $55 was what we paid-normal $88)

Room Tip: Higher room away from elevator. The 6th floor has the nicest rooms I understand....ask you might re...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
We really appreciate all your wonderful comments and are very humbled that you consider us to be the nicest Holiday Inn you have stayed at. I am also glad you were able to sneak in one of those great Priceline.Com deals that our hotel occasionally runs.

It’s always great to hear from our guests about how much they enjoy the amenities that we provide, including the Tempur-Pedic mattresses and the high speed wireless internet. Sky Asian Fusion also enjoyed your comments on their board, and I am glad you had the opportunity to have a fantastic dinner with them. And your right; the higher floor you get, the better view of our surrounding area you will receive as our hotel has 6 floors.

Thank you so much for your business and we look forward to once again providing you with great accommodations and service that you expect from us.
Minneapolis, mn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for a work trip. The hotel is the best holiday inn I've ever seen! The interior is modern and new. The room was also modern with a nice large LCD TV with all HD channels. If I ever come back I'll diffidently stay here again.

The staff was very friendly and welcoming. The only negative thing was the quality of the breakfast in the restaurant... Not the best breakfast ever but it got the job.

• Stayed December 2012
GMOcala, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites - Ocala Conference Center, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Dear Guest,
It is such a great feeling of knowing that you had a great time during your stay at our hotel. We have been consistently working on maintain our services to provide excellent facilities and accommodation to all of our customers. We always make sure that we provide you assistance to any of your concerns and address whatever issues you may have during your stay. We hope to serve you again in the near future. Thank you.
Punta Gorda, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We booked the room the night we were to arrive. The room was very modern and comfortable. Very clean. We had a drink up in the bar, bartender was very friendly. Had breakfast in the coffee shop, food was ok but the service was lacking. He was nice but not in a hurry to get food or the bill to us. Front desk folks were nice but not friendly. The common area is beautiful.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

We are glad that you have chosen to stay at Holiday Inn during your trip. We are happy that you had a wonderful time and enjoyed your stay with us. This feedback serves as a guide for us to make sure that we are consistently providing quality services and further improve what need to be improved. We can’t wait to serve you again on your next trip. Thank you.
Montréal, Qc.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Stopped there on our way to Naples,Spectacular hotel centrally located and within walking distance to many restaurant.
Room was very clean as well as the other areas.

Staff was very friendly.

Plenty of free parking and excellent restaurant on site.

Good hotel for the price.

Room Tip: Location, service, cleanliness.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for writing this wonderful feedback. Our customer’s voice is a lot important to us and this serves as a learning curve for us to maintain our excellent services and improve our flaws. Because we always want to value your stay and keep customers like you.
Douglas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

While this is a nice hotel I was on the second floor by the open lobby area. All you hear are kids yelling and people talking. It is far to noisy when you are trying to rest. Ther rest of the hotel rooms may be great but this room was not.

Room Tip: Get a room far away from the lobby area if you want peace and quiet.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

We do understand how frustrating it is to feel inconvenienced and we sincerely apologize for this unwanted event. Your feedback are always welcome and we are open to any of suggestions for us to maintain our hotel’s standard. This concern will be addressed during our management meeting for us to improve our services. Thank you.

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites - Ocala Conference Center? Share your experiences!