“A very pleasant visit” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 36 Hotels in Ocala
Pavo
“A very pleasant visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Regardless of what the negative reviews said, I stopped in for a week's stay mid February this year. Sure, it is not a palace by any stretch of the imagination but so what? I don't live in a palace at home. I needed safe, decent accommodations, close to work. And that's what I got.
what I really appreciated about my stay is this: the managers checked on me every single day to make sure that I had everything I needed. They even brought me said super supper of lasagne one afternoon. Expect that from one of the chain hotels/motels? No way :)
The "neighbors" we're friendly and quiet. Road noise was only a problem when I was outside. I never heard a thing whilst inside my room. Yes, it could use some updating but they are working on that.
I enjoyed my week's stay and will return to the Shamrock if I need to, without any hesitation.

Room Tip: I enjoyed unit #10.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Picton, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

We chose the Shamrock Inn based on previous reviews and unfortunately we were quite disappointed. The manager and his wife were very friendly and welcoming but this motel could use some serious upgrading. The decor was over the top and the room very cluttered and cramped, sometimes less is more. With all that clutter there was not a glass or paper cup to be found. The shower was disgusting and by the water stains and decaying tile I think their drainage problem has been ongoing for quite some time. This was the fourth motel we stayed at during our trip from Canada and the most expensive with the least return for our dollars. I would not recommend this motel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Ocala, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

What lead me to the Shamrock Inn, I was robbed at gunpoint at my home. My wife and I would not allow our selves to live in an environment like that any longer. We packed up our stuff and left! Not knowing where we were going to call home anymore. After searching for days we found the Shamrock Inn. At first i was a little leery placing my family in a motel setting. I met the managers Ron and Jackie, and they were VERY sympathetic of my scenario. They welcomed us with understanding and welcome arms. We found a very nice room to stay in that met every need my family had. The level of safety at Shamrock Inn made my family feel very safe. After the first night we stayed, my wife finally felt at ease and was able to rest. The management at shamrock did everything in their power to make a bad time in my life transition with ease. The Housekeeper Anne was super attentive to all our needs. The bed was made everyday, towels were clean and refreshing. The rooms were very clean, and the decor of the rooms had an old time touch which helped us feel at home. I was worried the most about my 5 year old daughter with the adjustment of moving from a house into a motel. Nightly we would sit outside our room, Ron, Jackie, and Anne would visit and play with her. Without a doubt she was very happy to be here. She called this place her lucky-tel. I felt compelled to right this review letting everyine know my experience, and what a great experience we had after something i would never have anyone go through. I would HIGHLY recommend anyone to stay at the Shamrock for any situation they may have happened. The highest quality of a guests stay, is what the Shamrock Inn strives for each and everyday. Thank you Ron, Jackie, and Anne for the best experience we will never forget!

Room Tip: Just tell Ron, or Jackie, and you will be setup with a room built for you!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Ocala, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

When I came to the shamrock inn I was sorta in a devastating position .. I was greeted with smiling faces ...compassion , clean room,s great price I was truly worried about having a hotel with my children but when their was no other choice the New Management here Ron and Jackie made me feel an ease in our temporary situation ... The friendly yet professional staff catered to all our needs and we really needed some shifting to comply w our families needs.... It was amazing I would come home from a hard day at work to see my husband the Managers playing ball with my children .... It reminded me of our "normal" which helped us all.... I am great full and would suggest that you come check out these cute cozy rooms ..... If i ever need to again I know where to go.... God Bless

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

We were a couple traveling to Miami from Georgia. I chose this place based off reviews and I just needed a clean comfortable place to rest my head. Boy was I happy we did. We paid $50 a night for a 1 bedroom suite. LOVELY decor, large flat screen tv, wifi and a room that just makes you feel at home. The owner is such a gentleman! He gave us a discount AND a larger room when we returned for another stay. This will now be a favorite spot for us to stay in the future.

• Stayed November 2013
San German, null, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

It wasn't the greatest place to stay, but for the prices it was ok. Might need a better a/c. All in all it was a good stay. We basically just wanted to stay the night since we were just hitting the clubs in the town. It is easy to get to is on the main road close to all the clubs.

Room Tip: pay for the room b4 you hit the club or you might not find a vacancy
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

This is a wonderful place and it feel like granny house. The sun set on the rooms is pritty and you can rock on the chairs look at the sun go down. The owner makes you very happy and comfortable during your stay. He brought Popeyes for lunch for every room and he hangs outside with everyone and greets you when you pull up. There are nice shops close by and they are reasonable. We love American Pawn and they are nice and fair. My kids go in there. And leave happy. Our room was clean and if you have extra people they'll give you a blow up mattriss free of all charges. The beds are comfortable and the roads are easy access to home and the highway. Thumbs up to a great and loving place!

• Stayed June 2012

Been to Shamrock Inn? Share your experiences!