“Authentic Flavors” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 353 Restaurants in Ocala
Cuisines: Mexican
“Authentic Flavors”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

You know out the gate how everything will measure up in these places simply based off the chips n salsa. The chips were hot baked and the salsa was chunky, homemade, with fresh cilantro.. DELICIOUS!!! My wife had chimichangas with fajita beef & I ordered the traditional beef enchiladas. Couldn't have been more satisfied with our dinners! Great meal full of authentic flavors and mouth watering salsa! We will be back again and again.

Naples, Florida
“Mi Tierra”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

This restaurant was recommended by the staff at the Hampton Inn located in front of the restaurant. Food was good but nothing special. Service was a little slow because of a small staff . My husband's combo meal didn't include beans and rice and we paid extra for each of those but the serving was enough for four people. The guacamole was excellent. Margaritas were good. Salsa (about 1/4 cup at most) and chip servings were small and there was an extra charge for more than two servings. We were told a 10% discount was available if we told our waitress we were staying at the Hampton Inn.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Hudson, Ohio
“Great carry out from a new restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

After arriving late in the evening at our Ocala (Belleview) hotel, my wife and I wanted a quick, convenient carry out and contacted Mi Tierra Latina, next door to the Hampton Inn. Given my wife's gluten free dietary needs, the staff quickly accommodated us and made some alterations to their menu offerings. Our order appeared in minutes and we thoroughly enjoyed our meals, chicken tacos w/ corn tortillas for her and a delicious burrito supreme for me. I'd definitely eat there again and wish the new owners a lot of success. Contact them @ their new number, 352-307-0888. Very reasonably priced!

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
The Villages, Florida
“Perfection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

Tonight I had what might be the best Mexican meal I have ever had. Sounds simple; chimichanga dinner. The Chimi was huge, & the chicken inside was moist & juicy. The rice (potatoes included!), beans, guacamole, sour cream, lettuce & tomato were delicious. My husband devoured his dinner, while I was happy to bring a small box home, for another treat. Our magaritas were huge & delicious. Their salsa with the chips was perfectly seasoned. The service couldn't have been better. I look forward to our next meal there.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sugarloaf Key, Florida
“Its my birthday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

We stayed at the Hampton Inn, just next door. After traveling all day from Key West we wanted to go to dinner nearby. The manager on duty recommended this restaurant. And she wasn't wrong. The salsa is some of the very best I have evre had. Not too thin, with excellent flavor and spice. We shared the dinner for two, which was enough for four. Wow, when we travel through here, it will be a must stop